Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Tay1981
    Started by Tay1981,

    Hi all, I see that Btp are currently recruiting pcso's, I've heard in the past that the way in which they are deployed within btp differs greatly from your general Home office force. I've heard that they are given a great deal more responsibility and can get stuck in more so to speak. Can any serving or former btp pcso's confirm this as it may benefit prospective applicants. As a former Home office pcso I was quite frustrated with the lack of powers and role function. Thanks in advance folks.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 830 views
  2. coaster
    Started by coaster,

    Is it a difficult division/unit to get into? I have looked for vacancies online and nothing much to offer in that area. There are some but appear to only want transferees and returners.

  3. happjohn_uk
    Started by happjohn_uk,

    Does anyone know what happens in a medical ? Do you strip off ? Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi there guys and gals, Has anyone heard about their application for next years recruitment drive, had email like everyone else about the amount of apps received but just wondered if anyone had any news on their apps? Cheers.

  5. Liamsdad71
    Started by Liamsdad71,

    Hi All, I'm through the paper sift and waiting for AC details but was hoping someone could give me the location they use for them? I've seen London and Birmingham mentioned but do they have a more northern centre for the north east? If anyone has an address wherever they are held it would help me to see if I have family close by to stay overnight. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  6. MindTheGap

    For all C Division recruits and applicants awaiting start dates to continue discussion.

  7. mattyb
    Started by mattyb,

    Good evening all, Admin, If this is/should be elsewhere then please move it. I have completed an application form for the new recruitment campaign (i am still impressed with how quickly your HR dept work) and I have been told that i will be given an AC date. I was hoping that somebody could help me out by giving me a heads up about what to expect. I have previously done a SEARCH AC at Ryton but I have been told that BTP have taken assessments 'in house'. Is it the same system? What are the maths questions like? I am rubbish with numbers and was lucky that at Ryton we were able to use a calculator, and i still somehow passed it! Also what are BTP like to work …

  8. ChrisW1546082857
    Started by ChrisW1546082857 * ,

    Hi, I am new to this Forum and Forums in general, I've never posted a topic before! I have a question, I start training as a British Transport Police Special on the 24th which will hopefully set me off on my path to become a full time regular! I am currently working through the initial knowledge pack for the test we will be given on the 24th, we get 2 chances to pass. I am wondering if anybody here has done this themselves and what sort of questions I may face, I am worrying that I will let myself down if I, i have a habit of over studying things and then failing to recall information due to nerves (something I am working on). I want to be the best I can be so any…

    bluelightsouthwest
  9. Liamsdad71
    Started by Liamsdad71,

    Hi All, Is it possible to get a visit to a BTP station (without committing a crime!) to talk about the role etc? I have an application in and, while I wait for the paper sift, I would like to prepare for the AC in case I'm successful. I have looked on the BTP website but can only get York to come up as my local station, I was hoping to visit or meet with a PC from Newcastle if possible. If anyone has a contact name or number they could PM me or just some general advice it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 683 views
  10. bsg.187

    Hi all I have my assessment this weekend with BTP for the student officer role in inner London and wanted some advice on what to expect during the interview. I’ve seen from other posts that users have mentioned a presentation on BTP so I will make sure I have memorised a brief history of BTP. What else should I prepare for? I have also gone over some of the competencies for a police officer Any other tips or info would be great!

  11. joey_shabadoo

    Hi, i have asked in previous thread about what to expect when it come to this section ofthe AC. Others have told me not to worry as its such a small part but i am a very much a belt and braces person and if its possible to prepare for something then i will. Any guidance from candidates who have sat the AC used (or would have used) to help them prepare is very much appreicated. Thanks

  12. Liamsdad71
    Started by Liamsdad71,

    Hi All, Currently working as a Traffic officer for Highways England (ex Highways Angency) but looking to move into BTP as a police officer. I have experience of compentancy based applications but if anyone has tips for completing the current BTP one I would accept them gladly! Thanks in advance.

  13. HPE
  14. sc117
    Started by sc117,

    Hello, I am currently a special sergeant with a Home Office force who is also currently in the recruitment phase to become a BTP C Division Police Officer (assessment centre date TBC). I am very much interested in the BTP and although I am also applying for a Home Office PC Role, I have a few questions about BTP: 1) I was wondering how things stood in regards of transfers should I want to join a home office force later down the line? Before you think I am using BTP to step sideways into a Home Office force I am not as I could easily see myself staying with BTP throughout the entirety of my career. I am just thinking that after x years if a really …

  15. Dizzy21

    Hi all, I will be stating as a student police officer with BTP shortly and the main thing I am concerned with is what to expect on my first week there, especially to do with the physical/fitness tests. In Feb this year I passed(just!) the assessment day bleep test having not done any training whatsoever or even stepped foot in the gym for three years, since then I've been training on a cross trainer I bought, training 2-3 times a week since Feb. I'm concerned I'll let myself down with my level of fitness and I'll be kicked out then, end of the road. What should I expect you during my first week there and the level of fitness needed for the tests the first week? …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.