Jump to content
Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
RobKex2322

BTP Student Officer Recruitment 2017

Recommended Posts

pc_chunks

It doesn't surprise me... Some of us have only been waiting for a start date since April.

Look at the starting salary that's being offered, that can't be right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

Jordanch
14 hours ago, pc_chunks said:

It doesn't surprise me... Some of us have only been waiting for a start date since April.

Look at the starting salary that's being offered, that can't be right!

 

That's reassuring for me. I've only recently found out in the last few weeks I've passed everything awaiting on a start date. I know there won't be any more intakes this year, looks like it's going to be a long wait whilst they get all these new applicants through stages!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rogue One
On 29/10/2016 at 13:31, RobKex2322 said:

Looks like they are well and truly on the go again.  Not sure how all of you who have been waiting ages feel.  

https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-4/xf-d1df62553b44/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/3073-Student-Officer-2017/en-GB

It's completely right.  If you're based in Inner London you get an allowance and weighting on top of your basic salary..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

MindTheGap

According to Facebook they are now accepting applicants from the age of 17 and a half! Swear these things change every time (and maybe they want a younger, more diverse workforce...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

joey_shabadoo

I applied back in August as an expresion of interest.  I turned down the AC they offered at the start of Oct as they only gave me 10 days prep.  I emailed  HR to ask if i could use my last remianing attempt for 11 or 12 Jan and they said they would be in touch after the closing date with more information.  At least i have have good couple of months prep now!

Edited by MindTheGap
No names of police staff, even if only first names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

sparkydale
12 hours ago, MindTheGap said:

According to Facebook they are now accepting applicants from the age of 17 and a half! Swear these things change every time (and maybe they want a younger, more diverse workforce...)

I assume that's based on being 18 by the 1st day of training - a 6 month lead time for AC, pre employment checks etc.  

They're probably the only ones who will have a chance at getting a full pension at retirement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

TheMartian

Submitted an application. 

Applied two years ago but failed to get past the paper sift. Hopefully I'll get a bit further this time on account of having more life experience/better wording my answers. 

Good luck anyone else that applied. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VerySpecialConstable

My application is in. They've been overwhelmed by applications so they're taking longer to go through them than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

TheMartian

Does anyone know how many officers are they looking to recruit from this?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MindTheGap
2 minutes ago, TheMartian said:

Does anyone know how many officers are they looking to recruit from this?  

They never have a fixed number in mind, as there are people in the talent pool. I know they want 50 for London (London Underground and DLR specifically) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

joey_shabadoo
On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 00:13, TheMartian said:

Does anyone know how many officers are they looking to recruit from this?  

Another member on another thread said he spoke to HR and they want 500+ nationwide.  I was offered another a/c on 10th Dec but I am on holiday so they agreed to defer me until 11 or 12th Jan in Birmingham.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements


RobKex2322

This is the info from their Facebook page:-

 

Student Police Officer 2017 recruitment now closed.

We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has applied to join us following our recent recruitment campaign. The vacancy is now closed and we can’t accept any more applications.

We were delighted with the phenomenal response we received. We have answered over 3,000 email enquiries, hundreds of Facebook comments and phone calls with all your questions about what it takes to join us. In total we received an amazing 30,000 different expressions of interest and communications from all of you.

We will now spending some time reviewing and responding to the applications. If you have made an application we will reply to you by the end of December at the latest to let you know whether you have been successful or not. If you have been successful, we will also contact you - with at least two weeks’ notice - to arrange your assessment centre.

Following the phenomenal response we will add extra assessment centre dates but please note that we can only offer two opportunities to accept a date due to the sheer volume of people we need to assess. Due to the number of applications we have received we are regrettably unable to offer individual feedback to those who have not been successful, but we are incredibly grateful for your interest.

If you have been unsuccessful, have just missed the opportunity to apply or are interested in another role with BTP, please register for a job alert on our careers website so that you will be notified as soon as we are recruiting. If you were unsuccessful you will need to wait six months to reapply to join us as a Student Police Officer.

Finally, as we are now busy reviewing applications our response to recruitment queries on Facebook will not be as fast so, should you have any queries at all about our recruitment, the best thing to do is email our recruitment team at recruitmentteam@btp.pnn.police.uk and a member of the team will reply to you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

joey_shabadoo
18 hours ago, RobKex2322 said:

This is the info from their Facebook page:-

 

Student Police Officer 2017 recruitment now closed.

We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has applied to join us following our recent recruitment campaign. The vacancy is now closed and we can’t accept any more applications.

We were delighted with the phenomenal response we received. We have answered over 3,000 email enquiries, hundreds of Facebook comments and phone calls with all your questions about what it takes to join us. In total we received an amazing 30,000 different expressions of interest and communications from all of you.

We will now spending some time reviewing and responding to the applications. If you have made an application we will reply to you by the end of December at the latest to let you know whether you have been successful or not. If you have been successful, we will also contact you - with at least two weeks’ notice - to arrange your assessment centre.

Following the phenomenal response we will add extra assessment centre dates but please note that we can only offer two opportunities to accept a date due to the sheer volume of people we need to assess. Due to the number of applications we have received we are regrettably unable to offer individual feedback to those who have not been successful, but we are incredibly grateful for your interest.

If you have been unsuccessful, have just missed the opportunity to apply or are interested in another role with BTP, please register for a job alert on our careers website so that you will be notified as soon as we are recruiting. If you were unsuccessful you will need to wait six months to reapply to join us as a Student Police Officer.

Finally, as we are now busy reviewing applications our response to recruitment queries on Facebook will not be as fast so, should you have any queries at all about our recruitment, the best thing to do is email our recruitment team at recruitmentteam@btp.pnn.police.uk and a member of the team will reply to you.

 

They received 4,600 completed applications from a tweet posted by a BTP Chief inspector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

TheMartian
2 minutes ago, joey_shabadoo said:

They received 4,600 completed applications from a tweet posted by a BTP Chief inspector.

Interesting. I was expecting the number to be a lot higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paid Membership Required

There are 1530 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

  • 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

    Meet The Team

  • Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David
    David Global Moderators
  • Devil
    Devil Global Moderators
  • MindTheGap
    MindTheGap Global Moderators
  • Sir Penguin
    Sir Penguin Global Moderators
  • Remmy
    Remmy Global Moderators
  • Fedster
    Fedster Global Moderators
×