The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Get closer to the action with Pick’s brand new documentary series, BritCam. How do you calm down a gang of angry thugs? How does it feel to confront someone who owes your company thousands of pounds? What do you do when your last fare of the night is unconscious in the back of your cab? While most of us can barely imagine how we’d cope if we found ourselves facing situations like these, for some people this high octane drama is just part of the day job. Now, thanks to BritCam, an amazing new documentary series from Pick - the channel’s first original commission - you can find yourself right in the middle of all the action. This isn’t your average fly on the wall show t…
-
After 10 years in the Police I have finally made it. over the last few weekends I have had Sky TV filming me for a Cop show. The program is about BWV but as Specials are more than ever key to policing me and my team are going to have our own episode
-
-
Today is my last day of full-time employment after almost 48 years. I never thought this day would actually come and I am not sure how I should feel. I know I will be working until the last possible minute but tomorrow I will set off to travel home to Botswana. I haven't really had much time of late to reflect on what working life has been like but, hopefully, in the next few weeks I will have a chance. I will still do some part-time work - a bit of consulting (on those things I enjoy), some teaching and working with a group of young people who are budding leaders. My main occupation will be the "school-run" twice a day as my wife & I decided to be "cruel" to our two …
-
Just read the description! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161258709871
-
This was posted on another forum but I had to steal it for here
-
I know you're not on here much these days Scoop, but many happy returns anyway.
-
-
- 8 replies
- 2.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The Talking Centipede. A single guy decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede, (100-legged critter), which came in a little white box to use for his house. He took the box back home, found a good spot for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to church with him. So he asked the centipede in the box, "Would you like to go to church with me today? We will have a good time." But there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked again, "How…
-
Hi Guys, Been a while since I posted on here, but something came to mind today dealing with a customer at work. I work in a call centre for a high street bank in their mortgage department. The number of people that call up on a mobile phone who are driving calling up for information/changes etc, and someone the other day to make a payment via card whilst driving. I appreciate that not everyone can call in conveniently during our usual operating hours, but at the same time must people decide things like that on the go? From a working standpoint I find it very difficult to hear in a loud call centre when someone is doing that on the move and all you hear is wind noise/tyr…
-
http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2014/04/08/boyvsfood-time-out-tackles-ten-london-competitive-eating-challenges/ I wouldn't mind trying #7 - who's in? :new_sweat: :new_sweat: :new_sweat: "The Naga Viper Chilli Challenge at Red Dog Saloon, Hoxton"
-
http://www.tickld.com/funny/t/745777 FYI This is an exerpt from Dave Barrys "Complete Guide to Guys" http://www.davebarry.com/book-page.php?isbn13=9780449910269
-
-
Im not from the MET police service, I'm from a county force. Like some of my SC colleagues I've been considering becoming a PC in the now recruiting MET. The regular officers I currently work with I consider to be very professional and thorough when carrying out their duties. This video scares me in the fact that this wouldn't happen where I work. I don't think any of my conscious colleagues consider it. One line in the the video sums it up; "what's he been searched for?" "Making off" My question is, is life that different in the MET or are these officers knowingly conducting illegal searches?
-
Thankfully looks like no serious injuries... Can't see if anyone is to blame, the aventador sounds like its going fast even when its not and I suspect it was showing off for the camera as its rather suspect that's its filming at that exact moment. Still, cant be best pleased!
-
Hi folks I sold off some of my record collection on Ebay and shipped them by trackable means. The buyer recieved them but filed an 'item not as described' case with Ebay, despite the description making no claims for them other than them being a record collection. I agreed for the buyer to return them and I'd make a full refund. Here starts the problem: the buyer gave a false tracking number for the return, has told Ebay they have been recieved by me, and Ebay issue a full refund, even though I haven't had them back. I have checked with the courier, and the parcel tracking number does not exist, and does not even resemble one of their numbers. I have appealed to Ebay an…