Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. ojpog
    Started by ojpog,

    It may look small- but it's about the size of 50p. It has a brown and black (patterned) body with like a silver ball as it's back side. I hate spider's and I am genually terrified.

      • Like
    • 56 replies
    • 4.2k views
    Administrative Account
  2. 5460
    Started by 5460,

    So I'm trying to show my partner a video of a police dog chasing a suspect on youtube, and I cannot find my favourite one..... It's one I believe from a police helicopter and shows the dog chasing a suspect and taking them down. I appreciate that's pretty generic as a description, but it's been posted on here a fair few times and yet I cannot find it..... Anyone up for a YT treasure hunt to help me find it?

    • 3 replies
    • 418 views
  3. westie
    Started by westie,

    Does anyone know whether 617 squadron, when it's put back into service, will still be known as 617 squadron or will it be given a different squadron number? (I do hope it remains as 617 though). Cheers.

    OldAfricaHand
  4. Ryan#

    I am a Criminology & Criminal Justice student at the University of Portsmouth, with a keen interest on the history and development of Women in British Police Forces; Women only recently, when 'The Equal Employment Act of 1970' could do more demanding roles within the police force, such as Detective work. June 1983, Alison Halford became the first female Assistant Chief Constable in British Police History, Mrs Halford was the Assistant Chief Constable for Mersyside Police retiring in 1992; she bought a Sexual and Discrimination Claim against her former Chief Constable, Mr Kenneth Oxford. The claim was withdrawn in 1992 due to a settlement between both parties. 1997:…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. USB
    Started by USB,

    Hello Police Specials, Yesterday was "eventful" to say the least! Short story, I got randomly (un-aggravated) assaulted by a kick in the face and didn't do anything back of course because it would be bending the law and perhaps breaking it because 2 wrongs don't make a right, so I just walked away. But I am now not very secure when I am walking so is there any legal self defence weapons you could use in an attack like this? I am aware of CS and Pepper spray but I don't think that they meet the needs. So what self-defence weapons could I use to defend myself? I thought of an ASP but obviously it is illegal to buy, sell, lend and have possession of one in public, so may…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. RyanF109
    Started by RyanF109,

    When I did my standard driving assessment I was told that 3rd gear @ 30mph was best for fuel consumption. However my 2007 1.8 Petrol Ford Focus digital display tells me that mpg is best at 5th doing 30mph. I would have thought 4th was best if anything, not 5th!?? Thoughts?...

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    This has to be up there in ways to be unemployed most of your life:

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Welcome to my Personal Page! The Ride to Conquer Cancer Presented by Silver Wheaton benefiting BC Cancer Foundation, is a two-day cycling journey, through Canada's Pacific region taking place June 14 and 15 2014. I will find it to be a challenge in a number of ways, but with my bike, my helmet, and your generosity, I am hoping that we can make a real impact! My beautiful wife Whitney (picture here with me) works at "The BC Cancer Agency" and it is because of her working with cancer patients daily, that I thought I need to make a difference and help in anyway I can! I have set my goals and am determine to make a small difference in helping the battle against canc…

    • 0 replies
    • 853 views
  9. maka
    Started by maka,

    On the back of the now locked topic and away from the 'legal' side of things... what odd punishments did your school give out, or what was the strangest... We got made to do 'litter duty' if it was more than the standard forgetting your homework type offence... once our head master went ballistic at the state of the local area, and the school packed us all in the hall and cancelled a mornings lessons, everyone got a wooden spatula and a pair of gloves and a classroom, they all had to be removed of chewing gum.... weirdest two were the essay 'life inside a ping pong ball', 2 sides, and one physics teacher instead of lines where you could cheat he made you write 1, 1000…

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.3k views
  10. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    Hello all, Found this neat informative film about the implimentation of the Unit Beat Policing system all the way back the swinging 60's. Some say UBP was the birth of modern policing - lots of investiment in technology and a move away from the traditional foot beat system. Interesting little film explaining how the system worked - with the introduction of the 'unit' comprising of home beats, response cars and intelligence gatherers for a dedicated local area, with all the parties involved talking the talk about what a wonderful idea it is and how they much they prefer that an area that used be covered by 15 cops is now covered by 10. :D If you are into your police hist…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
    SwedishPringles
  11. USB
    Started by USB,

    Hello PoliceSpecials, I am USB (Real name not included for security reasons!) and I am a 17 Year old male with a huge interest in becoming a PCSO (Police Community Support Officer) and then hopefully joining the Police Force itself. My general hobbies in life would be Airsoft, Computers and going out with friends (not causing much trouble! ) And I noticed this forum as I am a huge forum user to do with security and pentesting. I currently study A-Levels (One being ICT) in Sixth form and I hope to apply next year. I've done work experience with the Police force back in the summer of 2012 and am doing another lot of work experience this year with the Community Wardens…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1k views
  12. jamieMET
    Started by jamieMET +,

    Just wondering whether anyone else has seen this, any opinions on this 'statement'?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    So Eurovision 2014 has just kicked off with a man running in a hamster wheel. Anyone else watching? I will add a poll in a moment so people can vote for who they think will win. Actually I'll leave the poll until all the countries have performed.

      • Like
    • 52 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Administrative Account
  14. Posh
    Started by Posh,

    For those not in the know a 'bucket list's is a list of goals you would like to achieve before you die, or in this case before you retire. As we're an inclusive bunch on here this thread is open to everyone in the Police family, but please keep your goals police related. These can be goals relevant to your current position or goals relevant to where you want to be. E.g. Currently a special but want to be regular etc. So, I'll start us off: 1. Give a ticket out for every offence on the traffic offences list. 2. Catch a burglar in the act. 3. Become a public order medic.

      • Like
    • 76 replies
    • 7.4k views
  15. GotTheBlues

    http://www.nottinghampost.com/Police-arrest-man-ask-mother-lift-station/story-21066902-detail/story.html A NOTTINGHAMSHIRE police officer had to ask a prisoner’s mother for a lift to the station – after they locked their car keys in the boot of the police car. The officer was called to an address and arrested a man for assault. Police seized “vital evidence” from the suspect’s bedroom, placed it in the boot of the car before realising the car keys were inside too. The officer’s gaffe was revealed today in Police magazine, and according to the report: “The officer with his head bowed knocked sheepishly on the suspect’s door, asking kindly whether his mum could transport…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.