Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. GZRCM1546620844
    Started by GZRCM1546620844 * ,

    Hello Folks, My name is Jacob and I am writing from Canada. I will be moving to the UK shortly to join my wife who is a school teacher and I am trying to gain connections in the law enforcement field. I am taking crime analysis in school a the moment, but will be leaving my current job in the next few months to travel. I am not looking for a job. Just some one from the field who may be willing to answer some questions and provide a reference for me. I am incredibly personable so do not be shy about contacting me. Thanks in advance. -Jacob from Canada

    GZRCM1546620844 *
  2. lucky dave
    Started by lucky dave * ,

    i have allways had\needed full clean crb police record,but after a alleged situation i had a visit from police.i was wondering if i can find out from police station if i have anything on my record,or is this not allowed..?.....many thanks

  3. 10Billion
    Started by 10Billion,

    Ahaaaa,, bet that got your attention . I'm married so your lucks out ! :) Just joined and posted re Olympic Security concerns from an inside Journo who thinks the private firm running things, and training security , are not much good, lots of weak spots concerns etc. and that British Police should be overseeing the whole show.. Anyhow, interested in the way Britain is shaping up and general geo political affairs. It is, after all, a global village these days n all that. From England , living in SW Scotland, local Police are great and give very good service. Also interested in how the Police are connecting with today's public and the perceptions of service etc.…

  4. Hailzes
    Started by Hailzes * ,

    Hello community. I found this forum whilst googling help for my predicament. (This is going to be the most unusual introduction you've ever encountered) My situation is a bizarre one. I can't recall ever having any interest in the police past appreciating they were there. I was your typical kid, flew my GCSE's and A levels (yup, they included Law but mostly because I was entertaining the notion of keeping a Solicitor route open); effectively I could've achieved whatever fancy was the flavour of the day. Instead, I wrapped myself up in a violent relationship at a very tender age and at 18 was convicted of manslaughter. I'm not here to go into that too much, but…

  5. LAPDDevildog
    Started by LAPDDevildog,

    A newbie here and veteran now of 17 years with LAPD. I'm an FTO working in the valley in Los Angeles. Prior to that I attended college and served 4 years in the Marine Corps. I flew in to London 4 years ago and spent 10 days traveling about and can't wait to visit the UK again. Always been fascinated with British culture and interested to see what is discussed there, which is why I'm here :) Sent using Tapatalk.

  6. KatyRose
    Started by KatyRose * ,

    Hello everyone, My name is Katy, I am 24 years old and from West Sussex. I have always wanted to join the police force and recently I have decided that I am ready to put the 9-5 job behind me and start persuing my ambition to become a police officer. I have been snooping on here unregistered for about a week so thought it was about time I registered! I am hoping to get more of an insight into the life of police officers and learn more about the law. Currently Sussex police do not appear to be recruiting police officers, which I think is usually the case! I saw that Surrey police are recruiting and they require all applicants to have passed a Police Law and Community…

    inspectorgadget71 *
  7. inspectorgadget71
    Started by inspectorgadget71 * ,

    Hello all, thought id introduce myself, im inspectorgadget71 and as you can see im new on here lol. I am a PI based in Essex of which i have ben doing for a few years now. Anyway hello..

  8. Richardtedwards
    Started by Richardtedwards * ,

    Hi Guys, I am a DDo and MSC officer in london , I am looking to track down the audio learning package for probationer PC, the company "crystal clear audio " do not trade anymore and there are no other suppliers of ths product out there !! All you guys who have a set at home gathering dust should get them out clean them up and offer them up for sale . There is demand out there for this package but no supplier . I for one will pay good money to somebody for a second and set . Please let me know and how much you want !!! Cheers

    Richardtedwards *
  9. jameshunter
    Started by jameshunter * ,

    Hi, New member here, joined as I wish to join the Police in the very near future, however it's looking like I won't be able to find a job thesedays!

  10. dash1546620754
    Started by dash1546620754,

    hello guys and girls. Found this website through looking for some legislation online and thought i would sign up. Looks like a pretty decent site so ive signed up Ive been a PCSO for 2 years and im currently half way through the new recruitment process (PLC course) but im looking forward to starting my career in the met as a polce officer in the next few months. thanks in advace for any help you guys can give me :)

    dash1546620754
  11. blackout17
    Started by blackout17,

    Hello guys, just under 3 days ago I discovered I passed my FDSC Policing & Community Safety Degree with Cumbria Constabluary. So I thought it might be a good time to get myself onto the forum to learn more about recruitment and when possible openings happen! Thanks Ash

  12. Chris11
    Started by Chris11,

    Hi guys, new to this today so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Chris, I have recently left the royal marines and submitted my application to join strathclyde police force. If possible could anybody hint or take a guess at how long the process could take in the current climate? Any help would be grateful. Thanks Chris

  13. vicky_robo
    Started by vicky_robo,

    Good afternoon, I am new to the forum, joined today :o) I am employed as a civilian and a special for TVP and am currently going through the internal application process to become a regular. I have my final interview next week (wish me luck!) and all being well am hoping to be starting my training in August! A little about me...I love keep fit and try to attend my gym 4-5 times a week where I undertake a variety of classes namely Circuits, Kettlebells, Thai boxing and Spinning! I live with my partner (also a reg for TVP) and our dog (fur baby!) Pete who we rescued from a shelter in Aspley Guise 2 years ago. In my spare time, when I get some of it (!) I love to cook an…

  14. Pauline Wolfenden
    Started by Pauline Wolfenden * ,

    Hi everyone, My 17 (Just)year old son has talked about joining the police for a year or so. Is he old enough? Where does he start? Do Police cadets still exist? We are from Manchester. Any help would be most appreciated.

  15. Mark.
    Started by Mark.,

    Hi guys, had a profile on here a long time ago, but never used it and decided to just register again! Anyway, my name is Mark and I just sent away my special constable application to Strathclyde, looking forward to getting to know you guys, Cheers. Mark

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.