Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Just thought I’d say hello to everyone :biggrin: I am mostly on the recruitment threads looking out for any information of forces recruiting as I am keen to leave my civilian post in a midlands force. So any help is appreciated :biggrin: Sam

    dungeon monkey
  2. Stevo1546620670
    Started by Stevo1546620670 * ,

    Hi im new to the forum but already i can see some interesting topics and debates going on so i am looking forward to getting stuck in and speaking to people in the same boat as me. Steve

  3. josh1546620237
    Started by josh1546620237,

    Hey folks, I'm kind of new to the site! but i was on it like 2 years ago and used it quite often but not been on for a while so had to make a new user name. Well my name is Josh and I'm 23. I work in sunny Stevenage in Hertfordshire as a PC. Love my job, even the long hours! Hope to fit in well with everyone :) SPEAK SOON! Josh x

  4. davemick1635
    Started by davemick1635,

    Hi, I'm new to the forum, keeping tabs on various topics, particularly our Home Secretary making friends and influencing people..........

  5. firepower
    Started by firepower,

    I have been registered for a while but never posted until today. I am fifty years old and have an opinion on most things as befits my age :boxing: :biggrin:

  6. SanyoSeiki

    Hello! I'm Sanyo Seiki, a new member of this forum. Nice to meet you all!

  7. bobthebuilder
    Started by bobthebuilder,

    Good evening, Found the forum today whilst googling harassment warnings - I gather this is a popular pastime! I have considerable experience of the family courts, and of the police on connected matters, and not just in my own case. It's been interesting to read some of your threads and challenging to hear the thoughts of the police members. It is a different perspective and is highlighting to me how little the police know about family law - and how little the courts and users of family law know about the police! I am also involved in other aspects of voluntary social work and formerly had a regular work interaction with the BTP in various parts of the country. I won'…

  8. Pen1546620822
    Started by Pen1546620822 * ,

    Hi, I have a single/double room to rent in a quiet village within mins of Oxford ringroad, near BMW plant. Easy access to Oxford, Kidlington, Didcot,Thame, Wycombe. I am currently training as a Special and would welcome any specials or regular officers looking for accomodation either on a temporary basis or permanent. Quiet house with two adults, large garden, off road parking, chickens, dog and a rabbit. please contact me if you are interested.

    Pen1546620822 *
  9. MJS1545925689
    Started by MJS1545925689,

    30 years in the Met, retired a an inspector, looking to start up a business. (non job related, a new challenge)

    MJS1545925689
  10. Guest Oi 
    Started by Guest Oi ,

    Just a line or two of introduction. Some here will know me, but under a different name. I am a retired Police Sgt, having served 25 odd [sometimes very odd] years in the New Zealand Police before reaching the then mandatory retirement age of 55 years. Probably wont have a lot to offer, as although we are based on the British system, there are obviously differences in legislation and powers. Cheers...

    • 4 replies
    • 404 views
  11. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Now then, I'm a simple Yorkie stuck down in the depths of Kent (only joking, sort of) and have a date for my A/C to join the CNC up in Cumbria. I applied to join the Kent force in '08 and was just awaiting a start date when the budget was slashed and my application was terminated. I'm swatting up at the mo on all the usual stuff but wandered if there's owt you wished you'd known/done when you were in my position. Particularly in relation to the CNC or similar? Also having looked around the forum there are quite a few abbreviations that everyone else seems to understand but me. If someone could give a basic 'key' to decode them I'd most grateful. Many thanks

  12. Ternal
    Started by Ternal * ,

    Hello Everyone, I have for a long time thought about joining the Police. As well as this I've thought about the Army and the RAF. I have a strong urge to do something for my country and take on a role which is right on the frontline. However, thus far I've done quite well in a corporate capacity (Currently an acting Commercial Manager). This said though, I'm no soft touch and feel more and more I want to be a Police Officer. I'm a regular guy from a slightly troublesome town and now can't stop thinking about joining up. I just have a few questions and was wondering if I could get some honest replies from those currently in the Police Force. Whenever I speak to people…

  13. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    Hi there, just joined. I'm 35 and am looking to join the police force. I see that Derbyshire is recruiting at present. Any other news in the pipeline of who maybe recruiting in next tax year I'd be grateful. I'm hoping to read the forum and get great guidance from you all. Regards Ms Welshrarebit

  14. HarassedInUK
    Started by HarassedInUK * ,

    Hi to all. I am an American who spends far too much time in the UK. Actually, I love it here!

  15. Antioxlos Ast
    Started by Antioxlos Ast * ,

    introducing my self seems the right thing to do. i am a Cypriot policeman in the Republic of Cyprus, but not the UK bases there, just to clarify that. Already 17 years on the job. I had visited previously this forum (maybe in 2010) because i primarily wanted to see what other members of the police in other countries think of the increased hostility we get from the public and the media. I had found some blogs by English policemen and then was influenced in starting one of my own. I am very interested in getting informed of all that concerns our profession. That's it.

    Antioxlos Ast *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.