Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Leggy Lee
    Started by Leggy Lee * ,

    Hello.

  2. gavla
    Started by gavla,

    Hi Im Gav and Im a DC in West Mercia!

    • 1 reply
    • 325 views
  3. lndrvr1999
    Started by lndrvr1999 * ,

    Just wanted to say hello. New to this site, I think that it is quite brilliant. Just wanted to say hello to you all...

  4. LCampbell1990
    Started by LCampbell1990 * ,

    Hi all, I've joined as I've applied to Fife Constabulary and look forward to taking part in many discussions and debates over time which can all hopefully help me in (hopefully) final interviews and over the course of my career (again, hopefully)

  5. optimumlynk
    Started by optimumlynk,

    Just joined up and saying hi! Part of the law enforcement world and enjoying it every day!

  6. Anita
    Started by Anita * ,

    Hi! Very newbie here.. I am halfway through training to become a Special Constable and we are approaching assessment and test papers soon.. Anyone out there that could be of help re exam paper on Powers of Arrest? All I do is study study but it feels it's not going in at ALL. HELP!

  7. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    Howdo folks, i am currently a member on PoliceSpecials.com and a Special Constable from Cumbria Constabulary. Just thought id pop over and say hi and see what this forum has to offer. Regards Wrighty112

  8. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    I forgot about this board until I basically lost interest in the others. I hope to find some lively dialogue here. By way of introduction, I was a police officer for 22 years before smashing my wrist in a bike collision. Followed that by 10 years Trading Standards enforcement until I was made redundant. Apparently, a restructure was instituted on the basis that by sacking four of the lower scale officers, the department could recruit two senior supervisors for the same money, and do more work. The need for change was justified by the department head as needing qualified officers to do work such as prosecuting traders for selling counterfeit goods. He ignored the fact that…

    • 3 replies
    • 430 views
  9. Mcleod88
    Started by Mcleod88,

    hello everyone my name is conor. I have just applied for grampian police so have joined the forum to get a better insight of the job and read up on the recruitment stages from a first-hand point of view!

  10. Lewanidia
    Started by Lewanidia * ,

    Bula Vinaka to all !! (Good day)... It has been ages since my last post to this site. One tends to get so preoccupied with Life events and processes. Wish All a blessed and SAFE tour of duty Cheers "esprit de corps" FjPol

    Iceweasel1546620801
  11. zahar24
    Started by zahar24,

    Hi,I am Charis and I am from Greece.I am a policeman here for 14 years,my age is 32 years old. I would like some help.Is it necessary to live in the UK for three years if you want to become a police officer there? If you are a European union citizen and you don't live in the UK you cannot be a recruit? Thanks,best regards to everyone.

  12. russlee
    Started by russlee,

    Afternnon all Newbie here just saying hello - my name is Russell and I'm about to start training with as a Special constable with the Met. Looking forward to starting and completing the training and joining up with the team - I will be going on to the OSU based in Havering (Assuming I pass the training of course) Look forward to speaking with you all and would really appreciate your support and assistance as I progress All the best Russell

  13. roxycora
    Started by roxycora * ,

    Not sure if this is the right section for qustions. 1st time using! Can anyone help me? I left the UK for 12 months to work in Asia to fill a gap as my application was withdrawn last stage in 2011 because of the cuts in funding. I have now called and asked when i can re submit my new application form ,(wanting to be ahead before i leave Asia) now being told that i cannot reapply for 1 whole year as ive been out the country for 2 weeks over 12 months! is this right enough????

  14. CO4138
    Started by CO4138 * ,

    Hi, Been browsing and thought I might aswell start posting. Im 18, work for the MoD at a main distribution hub, and currently a TA soldier. Thinking about either becoming a Special or even a full timer in a year or two when ive got a bit more life experience. Also a member of 'ARRSE' (The Army Rumour Service) if there is anyone from over there reading? Regards CO4138

  15. GSD
    Started by GSD * ,

    Evening! I am looking to join one of the forces in the North East, of which Durham appear to be recruiting soonest (according to their website). I've only recently started looking and would appreciate any advice on offer for the whole application process please. Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.