Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. surfmonkey
    Started by surfmonkey * ,

    Hello! My name is Miles from Hereford. Just joined after I stumbled upon the forum in Internet. I hope to have some fined discussions and meet some great people in the forum. Best regards Miles

    • 7 replies
    • 878 views
  2. Wintermute1546620094
    Started by Wintermute1546620094,

    Hey, I've been here since 2006 but rarely posted. My name's Stephen and I'm 20. Hoping to join the Police eventually, currently have an assessment date for the Specials. I've previously had my work experience with the Police and been a Police Cadet between age 16-18. I'm likely to be more active here now so I figured I'd say Hi .

    • 3 replies
    • 595 views
  3. ben L
    Started by ben L * ,

    Hello All from sunny Shipley! (Bradford- West Yorkshire) Im ben 19 year old just out of college and im a very loud outgoing lad, play rugby way too much and love drinking with mates every now and again (without any trouble obviously ) and got word of this forum from a friend in the WYP, so thought id give it ago! Just thought id get my first post in, just wanting to now a few things about how to go applying to be a special for WYP, i have got my btec diploma in public services and all GCSE/ equivalents to the right mark, But now im unsure on how to get it? Do they have annual positions up for grabs? Any info? regards and hello, Ben..

    • 6 replies
    • 876 views
  4. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    hello nice to found a place that could help me with my btec level 1 in public services

    • 1 reply
    • 586 views
  5. Q127
    Started by Q127,

    Hi everyone! Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself: undergraduate student about to start final year in September and now looking to join the police when I graduate. First choice would be either the Metropolitan Police or Greater Manchester Police. Also hoping to add to the many topics on here! Cheers

  6. sandy2
    Started by sandy2,

    Just joined this afternoon. I'm currently in the vetting/background check stage and hoping to find out soon about a final interview. Some great information on this website. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 660 views
  7. quadro
    Started by quadro * ,

    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. So there I've done it and now I'm looking for the kettle so I can make the brew. Who's going to be the first to tell me how they like their brew and who's top con?

    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
  8. Fox1546620736
    Started by Fox1546620736,

    Hello everyone I am new here as you can tell ^.^ My friend said to join this site so I can ask my Question and others ( I will not ask it here of course wrong topic ) So ye hi <3 -Fox

    • 2 replies
    • 506 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  9. SDDep
    Started by SDDep,

    Hello All, I'm an ex-pat since 1997, living and working in sunny southern california. Originally from Leigh, Lancs area. Prior RAF Copper and now a Sheriffs Deputy since 2002. Give me a holler particularly is anyone is interested in working over here, there are a few of us brits on the local departments and we are recruiting. (obviously there are some minimum criteria plus the usual) It's a great job and it pays well. Regards, Chris

  10. cnc pete
    Started by cnc pete,

    hi everyone pete,been with the cnc coming up 6 years,served at quite a few of our units so if anyone needs info-feel free cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 681 views
  11. BenjaminS
    Started by BenjaminS,

    Afternoon everyone, I'm Ben and I'm 19. I'm joining for a few answers to some questions I have regarding policing. Hope you're all well and look forward to chatting soon. Ben

    • 1 reply
    • 351 views
  12. ScoffCruddle
    Started by ScoffCruddle * ,

    Hi! I'm currently a prison officer serving in one of London's glorious local establishments looking after all the poor innocent fine members of society you lot keep picking on and sending our way (joke) Anyway I'm currently in the process of filling out my BTP application form so thought I'd say hello, I used a similar forum when I was applying to be a Prison Officer and it was really helpful so thought I'd come and sign up so I can ask you lot loads of stupid questions.

    • 2 replies
    • 472 views
  13. judaspays
    Started by judaspays * ,

    I'm new here. Please be good to me.

    • 1 reply
    • 593 views
  14. veron
    Started by veron * ,

    I did a search online there for advice from the police and this forum came up, so i registered, i think i may have jumped the gun too quickly there as it looks like the forum is just for police members, so my apologies here and a moderator can delete my registration. Is there any forum or site to go to where advice is given by police men? Many thanks. :)

  15. pajero104
    Started by pajero104,

    We are only a small force and budget cuts like the rest of us are a reality to us all. But is PFI the right way. Our CC is selling the family silver ie owned police stations to finance cuts without envoking A19. In the past 2 years a new Emergency joint services building shared with the fire brigade was the flag ship of a new custody block, with medical practioners 24/7. The county has 3 designated police stations for custody, but now this multi million pound resource is being cut back and officers will soon have to use the remaining two custody blocks to convey prisoners. This means further travelling time of prisoners , big queues and officers tied up for hours at a tim…

    sykes1545925530

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.