Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. shaka1546081343
    Started by shaka1546081343,

    Well, my name is Peter and today I submitted my application for Communications Officer for the Met Police. Looking forward to hearing from them! Regards, P

    Jaydee1546620346
  2. Justice4all
    Started by Justice4all,

    Hello All I am not a Police Officer, so I hope it is alright to post, and if not then please alert me. When a member of the public makes a witness statement to the police does the officer writing the statement have to sign it as well as the witness, or can that be left up to the receiving officer who types it out? Cheers Frank

  3. shuban786
    Started by shuban786 * ,

    Hello everyone, I am Shuban. New member on this forum. I just want to introduce myself here.

  4. BBC3theproposal
    Started by BBC3theproposal * ,

    The makers of hit BBC3 series Don't Tell the Bride are turning their attentions to proposals and are looking for people to pop the question. If you have grand and unique ideas for your proposal and would like a sum of money to help make it happen then get in touch. Email - theproposal@renegadepictures.tv to apply. We look forward to hearing from you. xxx

    • 2 replies
    • 452 views
  5. Rock12121546620760
    Started by Rock12121546620760 * ,

    hey people new here, bit about myself then, served in the army and currently working in a hospital as an auxiliary nurse. registered on here because i am seriously considering applying for the Grampian Police as a Special. so i'll be sticking about for a bit!

  6. Cooper494
    Started by Cooper494,

    Hello, my name is Alex and I currently live in Berwick upon Tweed. Today I went into my local police station to ask about joining the police force and the very nice lady behind the counter told me to go to the Northumbria police website. There I found out about PCSOs and Detention officers. As I'm only 17½ I'm limited to Detention officer, not saying limited as in a bad way as in its nothing as a job I mean limited as in not having a lot of option (got myself out of that hole.) I have read the topic on Detention officers on this forum and it seems a very rewarding job. It said that the constables highly value the work of detention officers which is what I want. I curren…

  7. thedon88
    Started by thedon88 * ,

    hello, If anyone could please offer me any advice it would be much apprecaited. I am 23, i applied to be a pcso when i was 20, i got passed the interview and written tests, however i found out that i had failed my crb and hence didnt get through as i didnt disclose the information. Bascially, when i was 15 or 16 i was sent a caution to my home address or on the roadside i cant remember what the lady told me on the phone for anti social behavoiur and racial aggravtion, which i didnt know i had but the lady explained what information she had infront of her, I can assure you that this caution was unfair we didnt do anything racial we was 3 young girls one who was 12 and…

    • 0 replies
    • 320 views
  8. Pissed Off DAD
    Started by Pissed Off DAD * ,

    Hi I am new to this site and I am looking for advice. As you can see I have used the name Pissed off DAD and that's how I feel at the moment. Here is the problem that I have. My son bought a fiat Punto 02 plate from a reputable dealer in August 2010 for the market value of £2000. He has just completed his apprentiship and as a treat to himself with his payrise wanted to upgrade his car to a later model. He has found the car that he wants and was going to put in his part ex only to be told that it is a cat D writeoff and is only worth £200 not the market value of £1200. We have now found out that the car was written off in June 2010 before he bought it and was not t…

  9. cooldude786
    Started by cooldude786,

    Hi how come sometimes a person is cuffed behind the back palm to palm and other times cross back? Also why do some officers hold on to the black plastic part of the cuffs while escorting the arrested person to the police car/van?

    • 6 replies
    • 994 views
  10. MeytNPrater
    Started by MeytNPrater * ,

    Hello all, hope we are well? I'm a new poster to this forum, having browsed it a few times in the past. Bit about myself, I'm an SC working in GMP out of Wigan (applied for regs then recruitment got cancelled ended up in the Specials), I am currently looking heavily for an opening in a force, I have applications in at CNC and filling one in for BTP. So any recruitment coming up, I would be extremely appreciative of the 'heads up'. I look forward to discussing things with you all, Cheers, Phil

    • 1 reply
    • 344 views
  11. H8217
    Started by H8217 * ,

    How do all. Been having a look around over the last few days and it all looks interesting so it's time to introduce myself. Not currently in the police, currently employed as a byelaw enforcement officer on a rail network. BTP or regular police has always been a goal in my life, hope to get there one day :)

    • 2 replies
    • 431 views
  12. Aaronreaction
    Started by Aaronreaction,

    Hello, I am looking into becoming a police officer - thought i'd hang out here and find out the facts! Im a 28 year old post graduate and i'm certain this is the path for me now. Any advice guys?

    • 3 replies
    • 308 views
  13. ____Billy____
    Started by ____Billy____,

    Alrite Folks! Stumbled across this website a few days ago, liked it so much I've decided to stick around for a while and see how things go Ive recently applied to the Strathclyde Divison and am currently waiting to hear back, they're taking forever and the waits killing me!! Anyways... Just thought I would intorduce myself here and no doubt I'll get to know you lot better during topics and whatnot on here!

    • 3 replies
    • 484 views
  14. twenny_o_five
    Started by twenny_o_five,

    Found this site on an internet search. It's amazing what you find when you dont type in boobs! Anyway, serving bobby from Cumbria with a few years in. Great looking site.

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views
  15. Gabriel Paul
    Started by Gabriel Paul * ,

    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and glad to be a member of this forum. I have come here to know more new topic from you and to share my opinion with you. Nice to meet you all.

    • 3 replies
    • 442 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.