Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Tay1981
    Started by Tay1981,

    Hi all, I've been aware of this site for a few years but have only just recently become a member. I had an app going with GMP a few years ago which was scrapped due to the public sector cuts and I was a special for another force for just over two years. I have now changed my career plans and now just want to become a special again. I'm looking forward to taking part in these forums, making friends and expanding my knowledge from you all. Speak soon!!!

  2. Joe SE4X4R
    Started by Joe SE4X4R,

    Hi all, suppose after all the help I've had over the past couple of days I should introfduce myself. I'm 26 live in Thanet, Kent (not gonna say where cos you'll start singing chas and dave songs) I've been part of a voluntary group for a couple of years which in turn led me here looking for some advice. I spend most of my time playing about with website design and creation, I prefer to do things the old fashioned way using HTML, CSS, PHP, and others. I own a 1972 Land Rover Series 2a and spent a fair bit of time off roading, laning and repairing the motor, since owning the landy my welding has greatly improved along with my patience and driving ability and confidence (wh…

  3. BenLees
    Started by BenLees,

    Hi everyone, currently looking for a way into joining the force, with an application to the BTP for PCSO, still awaiting any news back on it though! Regards, Ben

  4. antz
    Started by antz,

    Hi, My name is Antony, I'm 18 years old, I'm from Leeds and currently live in Northumberland. I'm new to this forum and decided to make an account to recieve any tips and advice about becoming a Police officer. I'm currently doing a National Diploma in Uniformed Public Services level 3 at Northumberland college and hope to apply for the Police force next year, my long term goal is to become a Police officer within the next 2-3 years. Many thanks, Antony. :wink:

  5. sgtpepperband
    Started by sgtpepperband,

    Afternoon, all! Stumbled across this site by accident; have been a member of other Police fora in the past so just spreading my wings, so to speak... Ex-Armed Forces Policeman but now working in security/law enforcement, looking for opportunities in the private and public sector. Some may already know me from elsewhere but for those that don't, please do not bee offended by my "barrack room" humour - I rarely take offence and my tongue is permanently in my cheek! I look forward to reading the threads and hopefully adding to them in time. "Ne cede malis"

  6. Andysmith86
    Started by Andysmith86 * ,

    How are you all doing? I am Andy and I have just handed in my application form for the police

  7. Ice9
    Started by Ice9,

    Hi all, I'm not a police officer but a scriptwriter. I'm currently writing a film noir screenplay about a man blackmailed into murder and have joined here because I have questions about police protocol and realistic dialogue and actions (ie: not cheesy American TV stuff) so I'd appreciate all and any input to make sure what I put out is convincing and not in the land of make believe. Thanks.

  8. b0li
    Started by b0li,

    Nice find this forum. I just want to say hello to everyone. Im a EU colleague from Slovenia, working as police officer for 18 years. Greetings to all.

  9. splang
    Started by splang +,

    Hi all, I am currently training to become a Special with Hampshire Constabulary. Just passed all recruitment requirement (including vetting and references [phew!])and awaiting a start date for Induction B. I am in the North of the county and would appreciate hearing from others already serving in Aldershot/Fleet/Camberley etc.. Thanks and hello, S

  10. guitardave
    Started by guitardave,

    Hello everyone, my name is Dave. I have recentley applied to Strathclyde and found this forum whilst searching the net for some extra information, I actually wish I had found this forum a few days earlier as im now looking through this forum and finding good pieces of information and thinking 'Damn why didnt I include that', but ahh well if I dont hear anything at least my next application is going to be a good one! So I just thought I would say hello and thank everyone for the great info on this site and im going to get back to reading as much as I can! Cheers Dave

  11. dham5928
    Started by dham5928 * ,

    Hello All

  12. djay78
    Started by djay78 * ,

    hi im david & im not a police officer and not a ''customer'' type either by the way, i am here with questions nothing else. the main one is regarding the greek police union recent comments towards the EU officals. i will put that in the news section on here. the occupy "movement" are these people gone yet? or looking like they are going to give up yet ? an understanding of what it means to be civil is required before a civil movement can be carried out, and by carried out i mean a reasonable demand carried out/to the door of the office of where it needs to go so i don't understand the the sitting around and wailing part with no demand that replaces that part. char…

  13. Wilson1982
    Started by Wilson1982,

    Hello all, hope ur all well.. I've been signed up for a while now but never really posted before.. Now out of my probation looking forward to a long career ahead.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 427 views
  14. Phooey3570
    Started by Phooey3570 * ,

    Hello I am a new ish but mature cop in Notts police! I am lucky in the fact that I got in just before recruitment was suspended. I joined the job later in life than most after selling my business and deciding to do something fun instead. It has been fun!!....but different to what I expected.....doing a degree after leaving school 26 years earlier was not something I was looking forward to...but it's worked out okay. I am very lucky to have money behind me......i don't think too many people will become wealthy through being a cop!

  15. mojo69
    Started by mojo69 * ,

    Hi just a quick Hi to the team from Moe, SC based in Sunny Govan in Glasgow! Been a Special for 4+ years!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.