Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Big Mac n Fries
    Started by Big Mac n Fries,

    Hi everyone, how's it going? :) Been browsing these forums on and off for a few years and now that i've finished University i've finally decided that i'm going to apply to join the police. These forums have really helped me decide it's what I want to do, so thank you to all the members for that! So yeah, here's hoping the Strathclyde recruitment opens up again soon, and I look forward to talking to you all more in the future, cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  2. PC Maverick
    Started by PC Maverick,

    Hi Thought I introduce myself... I have been a Special Constable with Grampian Police for 2 years, and am starting college in February 2012 to become a regular. Through my work with Grampian Police I have been placed in a variety of scenarios and gained lots of experience. I have also worked with COTAG. Cheers and look forward to conversing with you all.

  3. Stevie6544
    Started by Stevie6544,

    Hello, been registered on the site for a while now but been involved with other ones so have not spent the time over here. Got the message that the site had been re-vamped and heard that a certain HATO of my acquaintance was 'in da house' so thought I'd come back and check it out. Must say that the look is good and very functional, which is more than can be said for some sites of a similar function (or dis-function, more to the point). Looking forward to getting to know the other 'runners and riders'. :wink:

    • 2 replies
    • 432 views
  4. Kieranbolton
    Started by Kieranbolton,

    Hello there, im Kieran im 17 from Durham, I was looking to join the police force, but put off by the fact i wore glasses, i currently work as a website developer, but been through all the usual student jobs things like Working in burger king, Mcdonalds, Kfc and subway... Im a Fun and outgoing guy, who is confidant, i chose the career of Web developement because it was a job that presented something diffrent every day, for me... I get a kick out of helping people, if i could do a job for someone for free ill do it, Anything that needed doing id do :) I had gone off the idea of being a police officer because of recruitment issues however, due to a domestic violance issue …

  5. Guest Huon.cloutier
    Started by Guest Huon.cloutier,

    Hi there! It is just an introduction and a big hello to you all. I've been an instructor for 4 years in Surrey and am looking forward to reading all your views and joining in on the conversation. Hope to hear from some of you soon! Regards, Huon.cloutier

  6. Slater
    Started by Slater,

    Hello to all members. I am New To this Forum. I am a Serving Officer In Metropolitan Police. I have been a Collector of Police Memorabilia for past 24 years and now run a registered business interest buying and selling Police and other Law Enforcment Memorabilia from the UK and Around The World. If this subject interests you then visit my profile for details. I also run a Police Collectors Blog ( See profile for Link ). On this is 100's of Websites, History links, Police Clubs and Groups and anything police related. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year regards Slaterman

  7. Ryan..
    Started by Ryan.. * ,

    Hi everyone, I bumped into this forum strangely enough, whilst trying to find aftermarket E marked headlights for my car (no luck though - It seems my 5dr civic doesnt exist ) but it looked rather interesting and helpful so I thought why not join up and have a read Ryan

  8. Tony815
    Started by Tony815 * ,

    Hello Everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and get some opinions from the members here on this site. I'll just give you a bit of back ground about myself first. I am Ex British Army and Police from 1992 to 2003. I left to live in Italy where I am still today. After qualifiing and attianing both the Italian Hunting and Sport shooting licences I was asked to teach at the local shooting range. I have been teaching both private and public individuals/organisations since. I completed and attained a dipolma in tactical firearms and am now a Italian tactical firearms instructor, mainly I teach tactical shooting to the Italian state and road police, also some private ar…

  9. ZackBaker
    Started by ZackBaker,

    Hi All, Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone...I have been looking at this site for ages and finally decided to join!! I've always been interested in joing the police and will be hopefully be applying to the specials in the New Year! Zulu Bravo :tongue:

  10. flatfoot1546620763
    Started by flatfoot1546620763,

    if you want to try their challenge try looking here http://www.canyoucrackit.co.uk/index.asp failing that for the ones who are incapable or can't be bothered http://www.canyoucrackit.co.uk/soyoudidit.asp http://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/cyber-jobs/ Epic fail if this is the cream of cyber security then the game is lost

    • 4 replies
    • 451 views
  11. leezy_1
    Started by leezy_1,

    hi, im new here and say what i think, about everything.soooooooooo be warned. can i get arrested for that, is this a police state.Hmmm i wonder.???

    • 5 replies
    • 632 views
    BusinessSecurity *
  12. November-13
    Started by November-13,

    Hi everybody, I'm halfway through PC training and saw this site, looking forward to chatting to you all and sharing views.

    Kopite1546619987
  13. BusinessSecurity
    Started by BusinessSecurity * ,

    Hello forum members, I'm currently working for a security firm and have had an interest in this area for a long time, before joining and leaving the met. I look forward to using the forums. B

    • 0 replies
    • 240 views
    BusinessSecurity *
  14. krissi66x1546620177
    Started by krissi66x1546620177,

    Thanks for dropping me a line which has reminded me that I 'logged in' ??yrs ago?? (Frightening how fast time goes by!) After 'joining' I realized that most others were in training or preparing to join police etc,. I don't have the necessary qualifications to join the police force, but have an instinctive nature to want to help avoid the traumatic effects of people becoming victims of burglary, assault, and theft of precious (and often only) possessions they have such as cars and motorcycles. While having these concerns, I would not like to let my feelings and experience distract others from using this space to further their careers etc,. Do people like myself have a prog…

  15. liverpool12
    Started by liverpool12 * ,

    Hi I have my day 1 coming up with the metropolitan police service for a ddo role can any one tell me how much the salary is for inner london boroughs and out of london boroughs thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 799 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.