Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Headset 57
    Started by Headset 57,

    Hi folks, not quite new but i had probs logging in for a while so just 'rejoined' as password and user name weren't matching up. Btp in London for those that know.

    • 3 replies
    • 672 views
  2. Turv
    Started by Turv,

    HI forum, I'm Paul from kidderminster, pleased to join the forum. If any of you on this forum drive BMW's then visit my link. Do you have a link on your forum with regard your cars, i'd love to see them as i've seen the police drive alot of BMW's.

    • 3 replies
    • 643 views
  3. timthecop
    Started by timthecop * ,

    Hello everyone, My name is Tim and I am a serving PC in the Met. I found this site recently and thought I would join. I thought it would be interesting to connect with others in the job and meet people who share the same highs and lows of our profession! I look forward to meeting you all, Tim

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    devilsoldier
  4. NickS
    Started by NickS * ,

    Hi all, I've actually been registered for a while, but never ended up posting anything, so I guess I'm as good as new here. I've got a story to relate, and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, or anything else you'd care to post. I'm interested in becoming a police officer; however, I know that now isn't a great time to apply, and I've always been a little bit tentative about going for a full-time position straight away, so I've had a few goes at becoming a Special Constable, at Northants police. My first go was back in 2007, and was rejected at interview stage (I forget the feedback now). I next had a go in the middle of 2010, and was rejected at the application…

    • 3 replies
    • 766 views
  5. Lox
    Started by Lox,

    My name's Loïc, pronounced lo-eek or "louis" if not, i don't mind until you can say it without damaging your throat . I'm 31 and live in London for almost 3 years now, before that i was living in France. I've got a bachelor and a 2 years diploma in Litterature & Philososphy, but i moved to england because it was getting impossible to find a proper job back in France. Today i'm working as a stock controller in a warehouse close to south Hampstead, but as i'm nearly entering my 3rd year in UK i'm planning to apply at the police quite soon. On another hand, i'm 1st dan in shotokan karate and i'm practicing boxing and parkour. See you on the forum,Cheers mates :).

    • 3 replies
    • 517 views
  6. SgtSeeq
    Started by SgtSeeq * ,

    I thought I would come and get lost in the list of Hello's I'm sure I was on this forum once before but have no idea where/who/why, anyway hello to you all.

    • 3 replies
    • 508 views
  7. joe.davis
    Started by joe.davis * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm a 24 year old male, I am seriously considering joining the police force however I am aware the demand for police officers and recruitment in general is at all time low... Could anyone please give advice as to which constabularies will be recruiting soonest, is it possible to apply for any constabulary or do you have to apply in the area in which you reside? I have a university degree, 3 A levels, 9 GCSE's, im fit and healthy, What are my chances? Im also thinking about the possibility of applying to new zealand/ australian police forces if I cant get into a british force, can anyone shed any light on how to go about doing this. Thank you!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Ryan1546620716
    Started by Ryan1546620716,

    Hiya everyone, I'm Ryan, 20 years old and I'm a Special Constable from the South West. This forum came up first in a Google search so I thought I'd join! I look forward to hopefully making some new friends and getting to know you all. Cheers, Ryan

    Ryan1546620716
  9. rossbeasley
    Started by rossbeasley,

    Good evening. Fresh meat for the grinder here just about to partake in training in South Yorkshire and looking thoroughly forward to it. Bring on many years of BATTLE with mischievous miscreants! How many South Yorks bobbies have we got here?

    • 2 replies
    • 608 views
    Mark.1546620627
  10. NornIron1546620716
    Started by NornIron1546620716,

    Hi guys ! My name is Dan, i'm 18 and very interested in getting some information, advice and just some useful little tips about becoming an officer, and generally just get to know some people :) Hope to get to know some of you soon !

    Mark.1546620627
  11. andrewdal
    Started by andrewdal,

    Hello! My name is Andrew. Looking forward to know you all.

    • 2 replies
    • 424 views
    Mark.1546620627
  12. Caesium
    Started by Caesium,

    Just signed up here and just 1 month til my training starts at Peel Centre, looking forward to it and making a difference rather than just being an office wage slave.

    • 2 replies
    • 626 views
    Mark.1546620627
  13. megadethian
    Started by megadethian,

    Hello, joined up a few days ago from the comfort of Police College. However as the majority of you will know, the memory gets bogged with legislation and you forget all about the outside world. Moving on, i'm a probationary police constable in the south of Scotland, currently at Tulliallan doing my initial training course, which for the most part is fab! My initial course is almost at a close, so it's almost time to hit those mean streets and forget everything I have just learned!! Looking forward to getting into the discussions on the site as it all looks very good indeed.

    • 3 replies
    • 495 views
  14. premprotect
    Started by premprotect * ,

    Hi Everyone, We now have vacancies on our Close Protection Courses for the end of April and early May if you fancy gaining a new qualification with fresh employment opportunities as a result...? We are now training a large number of current Police Officers in the skill of 'Surveillance Techniques' and these courses run for 2 days. You can select to do an Urban course or a Rural course. We are also training current and ex-police staff in the art of Close Protection. These courses run for an intensive 2-3 weeks (dependent on experience and course material) and the course is controlled and tutored by ex-special forces personnel and CURRENT bodyguards with many years exper…

    • 0 replies
    • 730 views
    premprotect *
  15. Guest Response Lighting
    Started by Guest Response Lighting,

    Hi everyone, I've been making and selling modified Maglite torches for a while now, and wondered if there was any interest in supplying modified Maglite torches designed specifically for Police use. The main attraction is that they are more than 10x brighter than an led Maglite and take standard batteries. There are all sorts of options available and they can be custom made to your design for longer runtime or higher output (etc). The standard modification can be done to your duty Maglite for £65 or can be supplied for around £89 in a new Maglite in your choice of size. If there is enough interest I will make a first run of 100 of these.

    • 0 replies
    • 384 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.