Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. OnTheBeat1546080924
    Started by OnTheBeat1546080924,

    Hello! Just thought I would say hello! I'm a PCSO and I'm keen to have a look on here and ask questions, and where possible add valuble posts to discussions :)

    OnTheBeat1546080924
  2. Dani86
    Started by Dani86,

    Just wanted to say hello! Start training 19th July with Fife and go to Tulli the week after. It can't come quick enough now! Waited a year and a half to get here so I am counting down the days Anyway, no doubt I will be using this site quite a fair bit throughout my probation period and hopefully will be able to help some others along the way. Thanks, Danielle

    • 1 reply
    • 384 views
  3. PaloAlto
    Started by PaloAlto,

    Hello there, I'm Dan, I've been a PCSO in Herts for almost a year now and thought it would be a good idea to join a policing forum as I can see a tough time ahead for all of us... Anywho, nice to meet you all :)

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  4. emmajane
    Started by emmajane,

    Hi all my m=name is Emma in 36 years old , im married with a 8 year old daughter i got my day 1 in July for the met so im looking forward to that , i got my support session next week hope to get to know you all soon Emma xxx

    • 1 reply
    • 331 views
  5. SpudSL
    Started by SpudSL,

    Hi Everyone, after over 20 posts I realised I haven't formally introduced myself to everyone, only those within the Thame Valley Police section. So hello! My name is Scott and I'm currently on my third attempt at joining the Police. I first applied to the Wiltshire Constabulary when I was 18 and had just left college after completing a two year BTEC National Diploma in Public Services as well as Law & Criminology. Unfortunately my application was unsuccessful My second attempt 3 years ago I passed the application but failed at the A/C. So now aged 24 and on my third attempt, I have passed both the application and the A/C and I'm currently awaiting medical/fitne…

    • 1 reply
    • 398 views
  6. *Sticks*
    Started by *Sticks* * ,

    Hey, I'm Bek, about to apply through the Scottish shared recruitment. I previously studied astrophysics, and I just finished an HND in journalism, so this is a bit different, but i'm rather excited by the prospect of a career in the police :) Had a bit of a lurk for a couple of days, and y'all seem very nice, and helpful, so, hi

  7. vagrent
    Started by vagrent * ,

    Hi there Lol couldn't resit the topic title I am new here and hope to be here a while. J

    • 1 reply
    • 328 views
  8. Imi
    Started by Imi,

    Hello! Only actually discovered this place yesterday, but then I only started looking yesterday.. My cousin's a police officer with the met and after a nice chat with him the other day, I started thinking about attempting to join the force once I finish university (among my other half-dozen options under the list of "what do I want to do with my life?"), and just looking around for some general information about information for recruitment, training and life for an officer-wannabe - on top of what my cousin's mentioned, of course. Specifically, I'd be looking at Strathclyde policing, as I'm from bonnie Glasgow =]. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to see you about! …

    • 1 reply
    • 317 views
  9. Kiora
    Started by Kiora,

    Hey everyone... came accross this site whilst having a google, start my enrollment at Kent Police on 19th July.. just trying to settle some nerves... to say its going fast is an understatement!! Also trying to look for a new house to live in as im 60 miles each way from Kent Police college :-( But my application has taken four years... and im finally in so im not giving up now!! thanks Kloey x

    • 3 replies
    • 493 views
  10. cadvan
    Started by cadvan,

    Hi all, I'm new to this. I'm sending in a application to Borders and Lothian shortly, so what I'm after is any advice on anything anybody cares to give. A good friend of mine joined a while back, and he is great with advice, but the more the better. If I'm sucsessful me and my wife will be moving up. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 409 views
  11. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hey guys, After allpolicejobs starting charging to view jobs, I decided I would try and do something about it, I don't have the money to implement a big database to pull jobs from all the police websites right now but I have tried to keep it simple and easy. No adverts on the site and no funny business. http://www.policejobs4u.co.uk I'm still working on it! But I hope it might help some people when looking for police jobs! Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 575 views
  12. Frank Drebin
    Started by Frank Drebin,

    Joined here a few days ago and have posted a few times already, here and there, but I thought I'd maybe better introduce myself properly,... I've really only just discovered this place and must admit to being something of a techno'tard with stuff like this (that's actually especially bad as one of my other interests is that I am a moderator on another forum- not a police one, sports related),..... Anyway, I digress..... I'm 35 years old, been in the job for eight years, all of which has been on response,... Prior to the police I was in the army,... Also, the more detective like amongst you will no doubt already have sussed that 'Frank Drebin' is not my real name,. ..…

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  13. Elias1546620650
    Started by Elias1546620650 * ,

    Good day all, I am Eli, and in a way I do what you all do, though in the Netherlands, on a daily basis. I am not exactly a Police Officer though by Dutch standards I am not far from it. It's hard to describe what I do in English as I am unsure if there is something of equal value in the UK or anywhere abroad, though I think I am capable of comparing it to the United States Auxiliary Police Force. Before I go into detail of what I do, I would like to tell you all a little bit about myself. Well as I stated earlier my name is Eli and I am a 19 year old bloke living in the province of Gelderland. In the City of Nijmegen, to be exact. I've always had a fondness for police w…

    • 7 replies
    • 588 views
  14. laura243
    Started by laura243,

    I think my topic title & description explains it all really!!!

    • 5 replies
    • 451 views
  15. Police5
    Started by Police5 * ,

    Hi folks, Newbie checking in. I've lurked on a few UK Police boards in recent years but not posted. Have been serving in UK force since early 90's I'm an active member of non police forums so hopefully with some idea re boards I wont give the mods too much work. Been absent on police boards thus far as mindful of potential for issues when discussing work online. Hope you don't mind if I stay a while & have a look around. Cheers & Regards Police5

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.