Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. OTCozzy
    Started by OTCozzy * ,

    Hello all, My name is Steve and I currently live in Plymouth. I've not yet applied for the Police as I am waiting for my local force to start recruiting again. I'm hopeful to apply next time they do. I just wanted to introduce myself as I found this site very useful for gathering information regarding the application process and also wanted to thank those who went to the trouble of posting it . Keep up the good work. Hope to speak to you all soon Steve

    • 4 replies
    • 466 views
  2. tagzy
    Started by tagzy,

    Hi all, my name is Jimmy. For the past two years I have been trying to get into the fire service. Passed twice with two brigades but no job offered which is often how it works. Not sure if its similar with the police? Anyway I have fallen out of love with the idea due to the selection process and as I want to do an adrenaline fuelled job in the emergency services, the fire service may not be the way to go seeing as fire figures are falling. Also firefighters seem to spend most of their time fiddling with fire alarm control panels and the ladders they use most nowadays are step ladders to fit smoke alarms! So anyway I've decided to follow in my old mans footsteps (former…

    • 2 replies
    • 689 views
  3. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi all I'm kinda new here, joined on the 8th March, I believe and just discovered this introduce yourself section, bit. I'm hoping to become an SPC & PC in the near future (SPC first to gain experience ) Joined through a recommendation from a friend and have so far found the site really helpful

    • 6 replies
    • 676 views
    calvin1546620620
  4. mattu88
    Started by mattu88,

    Hi everyone I have recently been accepted into Herts Police, as a PCSO. I am hoping that I will be able to start as quickly as possible. I have posted a thread in the 'PCSO' section on here, requesting some more information on what is going to happen next http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41584 I can't wait to start and I'd be very grateful if anyone on here can offer me any advice etc. thanks, Matt

  5. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Howdy all... its been a long 6 month wait for me after failing my AC for Kent, but i am back and my application is in the post :) going for MOD this time round

    • 6 replies
    • 912 views
  6. Samm
    Started by Samm * ,

    Need to post again, something went wrong, but welcome along to UKPO.

    • 1 reply
    • 518 views
  7. lewis100
    Started by lewis100 * ,

    hey my name is lewis i am 19 hoping to join west Midlands police as soon as i can. Applying to be a special constable to get some experience, if anyone else is interested in doing the same would be nice to talk to them and maybe get some advice. I am living in North Wales at the moment and am moving to Birmingham shortly so if anyone knows of some good courses starting soon that would help please let me know. Cheers guys and girls

  8. W_Williamson1546620630
    Started by W_Williamson1546620630 * ,

    Hi guys, Just joined up, my name's William, im 16 with the intention of joining the police when im 18. Hope to do a couple of years on the streets and go into the traffics, well, thats the plan any help on how to get in first time would be appreciated :whistle2: Cheers, William

    • 3 replies
    • 685 views
  9. amitchell36
    Started by amitchell36 * ,

    Hi folks, Just sent my application off to Strathclyde this afternoon. Any idea how long its taking at the moment to hear back? Some seem to hear back quick others takes ages. Im working on my run time at the moment, im 30 so am I correct in saying its 1.5 miles in 12 minutes? Got a bit to go yet but should be there soon. Cheers Allan

    • 3 replies
    • 615 views
  10. malexmoore
    Started by malexmoore,

    Came accros this site today so thought I may as well join and talk with some like minded folk, the other forums I'm on seem so anti-police I am an SPC with Leicestershire, and have an application in with North Yorkshire, just waiting for the to actually reply sometime.....

    DTM1546620096
  11. hmcs_warrantguy
    Started by hmcs_warrantguy * ,

    Just wanted to introduce myself, name is Robert from London and currently working as a Warrant Officer for HMCS (Magistrates) chasing up fine dodgers.

    hmcs_warrantguy *
  12. Mark.1546620627
    Started by Mark.1546620627,

    Hey Guys, Names Mark... Want to Be in Road Policing With Strathclyde When I am Older... 16 Just now, so 2 years left !! Got Interested in Emergency Services ever since i was Little... My Dad's quite high ranked In Strathclyde Fire & Rescue... Did want to be a Fireman until i seen a Pursuit through my village, which happens once every blue moon and i thought i could do that, although i do have a Colour Vision Deficiency, Its Not Major, and not Minor either, but the optician said it will probably not effect your chances of Joining the police and becoming a part of the Roads Policing.. but it may effect if i wanted to join the Bomb Squad < Which i Dont want to do an…

    • 2 replies
    • 431 views
  13. dereksctt
    Started by dereksctt * ,

    Hi a new here live in fife am 23 just put my application for the police in yesterday just wanted to know what i should expect to happen next. Cheers Derek

    • 2 replies
    • 507 views
  14. modest
    Started by modest * ,

    Hi guys, just found this site and it looks really informative and friendly so thought i'd sign up and have a nose. I'm hoping to join the force some point this year but don't really know to much other than what i've found searching the internet. Im currenty doing a degree in criminology graduating this year, i previously studied public services national diploma level at college so hopefully im in good stead :)

    • 4 replies
    • 641 views
  15. jack1546620623
    Started by jack1546620623,

    Hello everyone, Just thought i'd pop in here and say hi, I've been reading but not posting for a few months now, so thought it was about time I signed up... Nice to meet you all! Jack

    jack1546620623

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.