Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. dave19811546620647
    Started by dave19811546620647 * ,

    Hi All, Will be looking for some advice on here, looks a good forum for this on first glance. Rec'd my letter from Strathclyde for SET on the 16th June. Fingers crossed here, first time applying and heard it usually takes 2/3 attempts to get in, its not putting me off if I dont get in the first time but has anyone ever got in 1st time? Cheers Dave

    • 6 replies
    • 528 views
    hibee1546620559
  2. Alpha Victor 11546620647
    Started by Alpha Victor 11546620647,

    Hello all, I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Scott, I'm 16 and I'm from Scotland. I hope to join Lothian & Borders Police when I'm 18. I have put an application for a voluntary role at my local police station (Gives me something to do until I'm 18 haha). I like Airsoft (Just started), mountain biking and some other sports. Don't know what else to say. Thanks Scott

  3. SarahMHF
    Started by SarahMHF * ,

    Hi All, Im Sarah. New to UKPO. Got 2-day assessment 24th June @ Tulli. Raring to go. Hope to make an impression. lol. Just thought Id say Hi and Im open to any advice! Thank you Kindly.

  4. norpol newbie
    Started by norpol newbie,

    Hi all Ive just joined the forum, i have recently applied to Northumbria as a special and passed the interview. Im now waiting for a medical and fitness test then hopefully a start date!

    • 2 replies
    • 520 views
  5. carpu
    Started by carpu * ,

    Hello,im a new friend from Italy. My City is Messina,in Sicily. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messina

    • 1 reply
    • 338 views
  6. fallfast90
    Started by fallfast90,

    Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I figured I would start here. I am currently a police officer in Alabama (USA) and have been for about 3 yrs now. Before that, I was a military police officer in US Marines. I am a family man with a beautiful wife and 3 kids. I have been reading through this forum a little and am excited to talk to some officers from across the seas and read about some of thier experiences. Feel free to ask me anything because I will probably be asking quite a bit myself. My name is Joe, and I look forward to talking to all of you at sometime!

    Well Advised
  7. rhys_james
    Started by rhys_james * ,

    My name is Rhys James, Im 17 right now, attending a sixth form college in South Wales. I'm interested in becoming a police officer full time one day, the sooner the better. However, there are a few things that put me off and I really need encouragement from people that, hopefully, understand. Firstly, South Wales Police don't ever seem to be recruiting. This makes me a bit too weary to pin all my hopes on a career in the police force. Should I be concerned about this? Secondly, I'm not very fit. I used to be until last summer where I let myself go after my GCSE's. I know I need to be fit and I plan on getting fit this year. Thirdly, the recruitment process. I got a C …

    • 3 replies
    • 431 views
  8. tongey57
    Started by tongey57 * ,

    Hello everyone, I've been a regular reader for a while now but thought it about time to post an introduction, I'm Rob, currently working for G4S on the immigration contract but am starting with WYP as a DO on the 10th of may. I'm a dad, husband, gamer, musician and all round nice bloke lol. Anyway hope to see you all about, Fank you goodnight mach lav!!

    • 2 replies
    • 429 views
  9. davluff
    Started by davluff,

    Just joined this forum so thought I better introduce myself. I’m currently living in Bristol but have applied for Strathclyde Police force and have my SET next week. I have found the Strathclyde section extremely helpful and I’m sure I will continue using it.

    • 3 replies
    • 370 views
  10. Hezmarie
    Started by Hezmarie * ,

    Hi there I came across this website whilst doing a search for some advice and thought what better way of getting the advise I need. In 2006 my brother in law and his wife were both warned under the Harassment Act after following a course of conduct. I have now moved a total of four times but they continue to find out where I live. The harassment is an on going thing and every so often he has an "outburst" and starts again, each time I report it to the police. He has an account with Facebook and regularly writes on his profile pages slagging me off, slandering me etc. I have reported this to the police, printed off the evidence but each time I am told that there is n…

  11. BlueyedCop
    Started by BlueyedCop,

    Hey to everyone! I'm Vicki, I have since December been studying for a diploma in policing and public safety which I acheived last month, there were 9 of us in total who took it and we are the first in the country to do so! Whilst studying for this we have taken part in the recruitment process and tommorrow is the day of the Final Board interview !! (Norfolk constabulary) This has all happened in 5 months and has been very intense to say the least. There is talk this may be the new way to recruiting officers in the future so I will come back and let you know if I have been successfull after tommorrow ! Any spare fingers that can be crossed will be muchly appre…

  12. methna7
    Started by methna7 * ,

    Hi there, I am currently living in London, but looking to get into police staff roles in intelligence analysis/research in London, Surrey or Scotland (Scottish wife and we'd both like to head back north!). I'd really appreciate any advice on how to get into this area, what I should be doing to get experience, etc., so if there are any analysts in the forum I'd love to hear from you! I've had a couple of interviews in the past, but have bottled it probably because of a lack of knowledge when I've been preparing for them. I'm attaching an appended CV if anyone's interested in having a gander. Cheers Charles Forrester Charles_Forrester_CV_Police_Forum.pdf

  13. brigo1546620639
    Started by brigo1546620639 * ,

    Allo Allo Allo! haha couldent resist Came across this using a google search! Im Brian, 21 from Glasgow - Really want to join strathclyde Police and am hoping by joining this forum ill be able to seek all the advice and support i need when required, and hopefully give some if i can Always knew i wanted to join the polic since i was 16 at school, went out with my local community officer every friday for an hour during school which made me knew i wanted to work in the police force, sort of went off it abit due to being really bad at maths and failing the SET test when i applied for the cadets, but i've decided theres no point in giving up so easily, so aye! lol hi to a…

  14. lesleyanne
    Started by lesleyanne,

    hiya! im lesley-anne and i'm 23 from glasgow. I'm just finishing up 3rd year of uni doin Criminology and am wanting to apply for the police :) wasnt really sure what i wanted to do unitll i had a module which was taught by a police officer about policing and realised thats what I want to do! Problem at the moment is the fitness, too much beer and kebabs whilst at uni lol ;o) i've joined the gym and been goin the past week or so just thought i'd introduce myself as i've pretty much spent the last two days reading all the posts and learned loads - and made me even more determined to join so HEY lesley-anne xxx

  15. karlosswan
    Started by karlosswan,

    Morning all Thought i'd better introduce myself as ive just found the forum. Ive been on policeuk.com but it has gone very quiet recently so thought id find another. I am starting with Derbyshire on 1st June after applying in July 07 and cant wait!! Hopefully speak some more on some threads :-) Karl

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.