Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Debbie.C
    Started by Debbie.C * ,

    Hiya, I'm Debbe.C, not in the police, just been looking on your site for a few weeks & I think its good. More people should say A big thank you to the police for doing a good job with the law that you have to work with it, can't be easy!!! I only started looking for info on what would happen to someone if they tried to kill you as this happend to me & my husband on the 19th of Oct 2010 just 4 weeks ago, not found much on that but it made me feel safe being on here with you!!! No i'm not a nutter, just scared!!! You see I live in france the Gendarmerie have been great & the bloke who did this to us has been put in a nut house over here, i just wanted to kn…

    • 1 reply
    • 360 views
  2. Dark Knight1546620685
    Started by Dark Knight1546620685,

    Discovered this while looking for some new patrol boots online. Very odd! Anyway I am a copper. Love the job. Don't really want to say where from publicly for security reasons and as we are warned so much about social networking sites at work now it won't be long before we have to give our name to the public in an algorithm! In any case looks like a well run site with some fantastic advice being handed out by the type of people who make you proud to be in the job :)

    • 2 replies
    • 428 views
  3. Kieran_Hamill1546620685
    Started by Kieran_Hamill1546620685 * ,

    Hello Everybody, Im Kieran im 20 from scotland. Last year i applied to Adam Smith College for the police prep course without any luck, To be truthful it was my english and maths grades that i was lacking in so for the past year iv been getting them up to a higher standard. Iv just applied again for the same course and now waiting to see what the outcome will be. Fingers crossed i get in. :) Kieran

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
  4. oliver walsh
    Started by oliver walsh * ,

    Hello my name is Oliver, IM from Lancashire and I'm hoping to join the police force as soon as I'm able (I turn 17 in december). Feel free to ask me questions.

  5. jamesstrath
    Started by jamesstrath,

    Hi Folks, I'm a student at Strathclyde University studying my 5th year in product design engineering. For my final year project I'm attempting to improve the design of police stab vests and utility belts. I was wondering would anyone mind filling out a quick survey on the subject to help me identify the major problem areas? I understand it's a bit of a hassle, but any help or information on the issue would be really appreciated. The link is: http://www.surveypirate.com/Survey.aspx?surveyid=24390&sp.mac=fcpZTPnH8WEWwwjHP6Wliw%3d%3d Thanks very much for the help. Ive posted this on one or two other forum topics. But im not trying to spam the board! Cheers James

    • 1 reply
    • 408 views
  6. Josh.G
    Started by Josh.G,

    Hi everyone, My name is Josh and I'm currently a student in Police Sciences at Glamorgan University. My aim is to apply to be a full time police officer, and at the time of writing this (0006 hrs 3rd Nov 2010) I'm waiting for a reply for a yay or nay on my initial application to the British Transport Police as Special Constable and can't wait to work as an officer.

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  7. Radio Tech
    Started by Radio Tech * ,

    Evening all, just signing in for the first time! Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 364 views
  8. Jen1996
    Started by Jen1996 * ,

    Hi, I am a student studying a P.D.A in Childcare and Education, mother, and the wife of a police officer in Scotland. I am about to start a graded unit in which I have chosen to look into the issues officers have in finding adequate affordable childcare. Having had the same issues and giving up my career to look after our children I am well placed to comment from a personal point of view! However I am hoping to place a short questionnaire online to assist me with my research. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to participate? All results would be confidential. Research would include questions on what if any childcare you use and support offered (if any!) by you…

    • 1 reply
    • 353 views
  9. hutchie
    Started by hutchie,

    Just so you know im not a police officer, im a retail security officer who works closely on a daily basis with both police cctv & police patrols. as i am new to the security industry i have taken over in a shop with a high theft rate (its actually the highest in scotland that this company has) so i have decided to join a few police forms purely for advice and to keep a head of the present times Im a security officer during the day but i am also reserve military i live in a small village in central scotland, im also an engineer to trade.

  10. Ewa1546620680
    Started by Ewa1546620680 * ,

    Hello! My name is Ewa, I live in Scotland, I'm new to this forum. I would like to apply to join the police probably next year and I would like to ask you if you could recommend me any trainings or courses that I could undertake now that would help me to join police force as well as get me more prepared for this job? I was trying to apply to become a Custody Visitor, but unfortunately there are currently no vacancies in my area(its Edinburgh exactly), they will hopefully get in touch with me when there will be a recruitment campaign...To be honest it was the only training I was aware of for people who want to become police officers. Im interested in any course as well as v…

  11. Matrix
    Started by Matrix,

    Hello all, I have been on here for years but only just remembered about it and thought i would say hi. Currently serving in GMP as a response officer and joined back in 2008.

    • 1 reply
    • 431 views
  12. NSWP
    Started by NSWP,

    G'day from Australia, retired after 35 years in New South Wales (State) Police Force in Australia. Always had an interest in UK Police matters, museums, vehicles, uniforms etc. Once a copper, always a copper, hope to enjoy the site and contribute. I live at Batemans Bay, 150 miles south of Sydney on east coast. Cheers, Les

    • 3 replies
    • 485 views
  13. SandraK
    Started by SandraK * ,

    Hi, I´m a 40 y.old half European-half American female interested in law enforcement who´s job transfered her to London a couple of years ago. Before that I used to live in New York (15 years). My real career is a bit boring (I do "computer stuff" for a living ) but that did,´t stopped me from being an NYPD auxiliary during 5 years while living in the big apple. I happen to enjoy police work and (obviously) I´m very familiar with it. The reason I got into this forum is because I needed to ask a recruitment question so I´ll post it in the general forum.Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 512 views
  14. W!ck3d
    Started by W!ck3d * ,

    Hello, My name is Damian Im studing Public Services and In the near future, I want to become a anti-terrorist fireman. And sorry for my English Damian

  15. mpdkorat1546620131
    Started by mpdkorat1546620131 * ,

    Hi I just joined this forum, its good to have somewhere to keep in touch with what's going on. I retired from the Met in 1998, and have been living in Thailand ever since. Is there a specific section that would be good to ask for current information regarding Police Pensions? Sawat dee Khrap mpdkorat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.