Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Gary1546620674
    Started by Gary1546620674 * ,

    Hi there, I registered the other day and have just been looking around. I do have some questions about joining the police force, but I thought I’d introduce myself first. Well, I’m 27 years old, currently unemployed and getting bored of being bored! My last job was working in a Magistrate's as an Usher (Didn't last long!). I mainly have experience in the field of ICT, but after doing this since I was eight years old, it kind of gets boring hehe. Although I do like to design every now n then. I’ve also done many years of volunteering, both locally and international. Which was a great way to meet new people and develop my interpersonal skills. Anyway, I could go …

    Gary1546620674 *
  2. Nev1546620665
    Started by Nev1546620665 * ,

    Hi all I am a vehicle inspector from DVLA in Truro. I have been in the job for 11 years but as a VIO since 2007. Am Chalk Farm trained and a member of the IAATI. Cheers Nev

    Nev1546620665 *
  3. Rhul
    Started by Rhul * ,

    Hi, guys. My name's Nathan. I just discovered this forum and so far it's pretty fantastic. Seems perfect for me to get information. I'm not currently with a force, as I'm just an aspiring officer. It may seem like a stupid question, but does anybody know if either Leicestershire or Northumbria Police are going to start recruiting again by the beginning of next year? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 387 views
  4. LittlePickle
    Started by LittlePickle * ,

    Hi there I hope this is in the right area! Im 23yrs old and just about to finish a Masters degree. I have no idea what I want to do (still) but one possible career I keep coming back to is the Police. I have spoken to a police officer I know about it and she obviously thinks its a great job, but Im not 100% sure its for me. Having spoken to me she thought I would be best suited to one of the other roles in the police (Special Branch I remember was something she mentioned, along with other things - this conversation was some time ago sorry!), as assertiveness and dealing with very difficult people is something I find very hard. The investigative side of the police work w…

  5. turtletom
    Started by turtletom,

    Hi All, New to the forum, currently work as an admin support officer for SYP and have just passed my assessment centre to become an officer, hope to be starting some time next year. Tom

    • 4 replies
    • 558 views
    josephphilip *
  6. LongBA
    Started by LongBA * ,

    Hi Everyone, I have to say this is my first time to not just this site but to all forums sites in general and this being my first post, i thought id just say hello and to let you all know why im here. :) Im looking for a career in the police as a PC and looking at joining Merseyside,Lancashire or Greater Manchester police. As i live kind of between all three (merseyside police being my local force) i feel i have a good opportunity as far as choice is concerned and chance of applying to all three. My First question that i hope many could help me with is that I have applied for the specials which i submitted in November last year and i am still awaiting to hear back a…

    • 1 reply
    • 296 views
  7. carty23
    Started by carty23,

    Hi there, I'm 17 and from Merseyside. I was a cadet with Merseyside Police and am looking on joining the specials at GMP. I emailed today and got the confirmation that they accept applications at 17 1/2, so it's just a case of doing a lot of preparation. From another forum I know people have got through the process young so it's given me more optimism. It's not something that has just come to me and thought "Oh I want to be a police officer" .. it's something i've had ever since I was knee height and now I can actually get the chance to apply and go through the process, it's a great feeling. I've also done a lot of researching over the years and bought various recruitmen…

    • 11 replies
    • 929 views
  8. CPOIRAQ
    Started by CPOIRAQ * ,

    Hello all,well just might as well say hello as it may be rude not to.Thought l might have a change of job after 6 years to something rather safer.At present l run a armed close protection team in Iraq and time soon to hang up the guns and head home,so may see some of you soon.Kind regards.

    ex-job-ex-pat
  9. Slater
    Started by Slater,

    Hello I am a newbie a serving officer in met police. I specialise in my spare time running a registered business. Interest buying selling and trading In British police and other international law enforcement memorabilia and collectibles. See my website in Market section Regards Slaterman14

    • 1 reply
    • 419 views
  10. _20313
    Started by _20313,

    Hi, I'm at the moment trying to get into the Specials, I'm waiting to sit the PIRT & the interview, Can anyone let me know whats it like ? Many Thanx Dom

    • 3 replies
    • 496 views
  11. freckleface
    Started by freckleface,

    Hello, Been browsing for the last few days, thought it was about time I came and said hi. I'm about to start training at Hants for FEC (call handler) and am super excited. Anyone else who does the job, let me know how it is.....anyone else who doesn't, come and say hello. xx

  12. worriedmum
    Started by worriedmum * ,

    hi all not even sure i am posting in the right place, but as my name may suggest i need some help.. here goes. my 12 year old son came home from school a couple of weeks ago, and told me there had been some agro after school, he told me what had happened and that was that. a week later a got a phone call from a police office saying that Jack needed to come into the police station and make a statement. which we did right away. this is more or less what Jack said in his statement... walking home form school there were 5 of us, another Jack (lets call him Jack A) and Robbie were having a bit of an argument, i know it was about x box live, but couldn't really hear... I wa…

  13. unplaceba

    HELLO. I´AM A POLICE OFFICER IN SPAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOU MY BLOG. YOU CAN SEE IN IT A LOT OF FOOTAGES OF POLICE INCIDENTS. I HOPE YOU LIKE. THANK YOU. My link

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 479 views
  14. Tonythedon
    Started by Tonythedon * ,

    Hi. As I've 'sneeked a peek' now and then, I thought it was time I signed up. I'm afraid I'm nothing to do with the force, and sadly way too old to join However, I do enjoy frequent chats with a near neighbour who's with the Royal Protection squad Anyway, I plan to pop in occassionally, see what's up for discussion and maybe even have my say...........

  15. Nick S1546620660
    Started by Nick S1546620660 * ,

    Hey all, New joiner today. My ambition is to eventually join Northants Police; my record to date is two failed applications to become a Special Constable, first at interview stage and more recently at the paper sift. I guess I'm here to try and gain a bit more understanding and also figure out why on earth I'm doing so badly. I'll be floating around a bit, posting occasionally but mostly reading and trying to absorb. Nice to meet you all. Cheers, Nick S

    • 4 replies
    • 419 views
    Nick S1546620660 *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.