Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. dooge
    Started by dooge * ,

    Hi ladies and gents, my name is Doug, Im currently working as a mobile phone salesman in sunny, sunny Devon but for as long as I can remember Ive always wanted to be a police officer. Ive joined to get some information and prep with the aim of applying for a position eventually. I have spoken to a few police officers as well as PCSO's and there always seems to be a mixture of a opinion on whether or not becoming a Special Constable is good or bad if you are wanting to pursue a paid career in the police force. Some have said it is great for experience, gaining the basics and gives you a good idea as to what the job entails. Other opinions are that once you are a Special …

  2. philshearing
    Started by philshearing * ,

    Good afternoon, My name is Phil Shearing and I am currently looking to attend a Police Law and Community course in Hampshire, this is so I will be able to apply to the Hampshire force once Hampshire recruits. I am not sure when that will be so I am wanting to get ready for when they do. The PLC courses which I have found online which are the nearest are mainly in Guildford. This would mean a 2 hour journey each way from my house to attend the course. Does anybody know if there are any courses due to run in Hampshire that anybody knows about? I live on the south coast in Hampshire. Portsmouth uni were going to run the course but cancelled. Any advice would be greatly app…

  3. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hello everybody, I am a brand new member to this forum. When I arrived, I started off by reading a few topics and I have to say that I'm glad that I have found this forum, I must say, it's very interesting and has a lot of helpful information, especially in the recruitment section. Just a bit about me... I am from the Nottingham area and I am looking to join my local constabulary as a SPC and then a PC, later on. kind regards, BRAZ-COP! ...

  4. ExTVPCan
    Started by ExTVPCan,

    Hi there brothers and sisters in blue, Ex TVP officer of 7 years, now in Canada since 2004. Finally joined the forum to keep abreast of whats happening at home. Will be looking to return to UK in close future, hard part is getting back in the service. 15 years of experience though so we will see. Hope all the trials and tribulations the government are causing with the money situation is not going to hard on you all. Last ones squandered all the cash and left a big problem behind. It will get better I hope for you all. Just saying Hi again and stay safe friends Mark (CanexTVP)

  5. Ryan_0176
    Started by Ryan_0176,

    Been on this site a few weeks now but thought id say hi. I have recently applied to strathclyde police , after leaving the Army iam extremely bored of driving trucks so hopefully all goes well. This site has some great information to read over and answers alot of questions i have!

  6. Fribberwiggle
    Started by Fribberwiggle * ,

    Hi Everyone I am new to this site but I have been a police officer for 7 years. I am after some advice after a long career break! I am a single mother with 2 boys aged 2 and 3 1/2 and have been on a career break since July 2010 when their father had a car accident and and left me alone bringing them up. I have just applied to go back to work and have found a very good Nanny who is willing to do most shifts at my house. My parents are still in full time employment so their help will be limited and without a father I am wondering if anybody else manages to be a response officer and a single parent? Any advice would be much appreciated, I've had alot of negative comme…

  7. jimmyboy85
    Started by jimmyboy85,

    Hi everyone, just a quick message to introduce myself! I am currently serving in the Royal Navy and due to leave shortly. in the middle of completing my police application form. So i thought this would be a helpfull place to come!

  8. jazzabel
    Started by jazzabel,

    Hi everyone! I am writing my first detective novel, but I am not a police officer. I joined here to ask for some tips about UK-specific police matters. All help is greatly appreciated :)

  9. jennings
    Started by jennings * ,

    Hello, Looking to become a Psychiatrist, interrogations officer type role. Would really appreciate some help on this and if this is even possible having no Psychiatrist qualifications, or what qualifications i would need in order to get me in to these roles? Many Thanks!!

  10. Daveway69
    Started by Daveway69,

    Hi Everyone, Reading through some post I see much valuable and interesting topics. Many of which seem to be inconclusive, i.e. fall in grey areas. I reside in Scotland and am an ex member of the Armed Forces. I am here to learn more about the law as I am interested in starting a basic law degree. Sincerely and Fraternally, Dave

  11. 6997
    Started by 6997,

    I have my initial interview with Strathclyde police next week, and I am basically just looking to be as prepared as possible. Does anyone on here have any relevant info? Or advice for me? Types of Questions to except, information is should know etc. Anything and every would be very much appreciated.

  12. soldiermick
    Started by soldiermick * ,

    hi all, just joined, was searching for some info and came across the site. have had some problems with my gf ex making various accusations

  13. Jimsun
    Started by Jimsun * ,

    It's great that I've found this site - only wish I could have found you earlier, so I'll have to get a "welly" on to catch up! I'm a Forensic Auditor by trade but have also been a Special for " donkeys", coming from a "job" family - hence the interest! Look forward to having a natter but also bouncing ideas, facts, etc. off one another! Take care; J.

  14. rightorwrong
    Started by rightorwrong * ,

    Hi. The reason why I joined here is because I need advice. I'll try posting in the relevant section.

  15. pippadee
    Started by pippadee * ,

    Pippa here I am working in psychiatry in the Mental Health Law side and have been directed to the forum in a search for more information on the Sessay case. Regards

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.