Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. tazman27
    Started by tazman27,

    Just to let u know im around now, so hi all

  2. gerardthebutler
    Started by gerardthebutler,

    G'day fellas, Never donned the old flowerpot meself but served as support staff with Sussex Police '74-'84, after 12 years in the Andrew. Now retired in Oz but came across this site whilst looking for old facts (yes facts). Hope to be able to contribute in discussions if I get the chance. Lets see how it goes.

  3. rachelwilson
    Started by rachelwilson,

    Hello everyone, I'm Rachel Wilson. I have been interested and very active in liberal, green politics for at least 11 years here in Greater Manchester. I've had a good range of experiences in this time, ranging from running a not-for-profit recycling company in partnership with our City Council, right down to being homeless for 2 and a half years through no fault of my own and having to fight the same Council in court for a year and a half for the right to decent housing (and won, obviously). In October 2011, at the peak of my homelessness and toward the end of my court hearings, I was swept up and took a huge role in the Occupy protest, which brought to the public's atte…

    gerardthebutler
  4. CrazyDoc
    Started by CrazyDoc,

    Hello everyone, I'm a psychiatrist who works very closely with the police as I have set up a new collaborative training project in the South West with Devon and Cornwall Police. I'm very aware how frustrating it can be for the police to have to deal with potentially mentally disordered people and how there is very much a perception that mental health services and the social services should be doing more. I'm in the process of putting together a new 6 hour training day which will be going out to all custody sergeants in D&C from next year which we are trying to make as practical (and fun) as possible ;-) Look forward to seeing it from your perspective via the forums.

  5. BSAP17172P
    Started by BSAP17172P * ,

    Hello one and all, the only connection I have had with the Police is having been a member of the Rhodesian BSAP Reserve force. I am now an old wrinkley of 77 and am retired. And so endeth the introduction!

  6. Big Tone
    Started by Big Tone,

    Um, I’m not sure but I thought this was the forum I was banned from a couple or so years ago because of alleged trolling. I’ve only ever joined one police forum, AFAIR, so I was surprised to get an invite back. That said, the reason I was contacted after so long was to get people to sign the Government e-Petition on police pensions etc. (Some global post to all past & present perhaps?) But I didn’t need ‘a carrot’ to do this and have happily signed it; you will be pleased to know. A bit about me... I once wanted to join the police force but, being somewhat sensitive, I knew it would be something I couldn’t just ‘let go’ of when I got home. The injustices I wou…

    • 0 replies
    • 312 views
  7. da hambo
    Started by da hambo * ,

    Hi lads, Im a Garda based south of Dublin with nearly six years service. Joined this as woukd like to hear how our colleagues do it across the water. I hopefully will be able to learn new stuff and ways of thinking! Also will be able to answer any questions on our ways! Chat soon David

  8. Messy
    Started by Messy,

    I am a retired fire officer and used to post here frequently when I was in the job. I have been off the site for a while as I retired and needed to find another career. But I received an e-mail last night from this site about the pensions e-petition so have signed & decided to look in. I did get some (captain) flack before, but in the main my posts were well received as I hope you lot could see they were balanced and fair. I regret that in my old life (London) the LFB and the Met seem to have a degree of tension between them. I never played this game, partly as I had considered a Police career before I went down the Trumpton line, and always felt we were on the same …

    • 5 replies
    • 464 views
  9. dave1984
    Started by dave1984 * ,

    As you can guess by the username I'm Dave an currently going through the recruitment process for a force in Scotland, can't wait to hopefully get started!

  10. William8989
    Started by William8989 * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm trying to write a book about UK Police and I'd like to get some information about organization, transfers (I think you call it like this), etc. :smiley_help: I hope this forum will provide me useful information. Thank you all.

  11. Chris0984
    Started by Chris0984,

    Hi, my name is Chris, I am currently serving Army and have applied for a force in Scotland! I have my assessment day next month! Fingers crossed!!!! :biggrin: ps Hi!

  12. JojoH
    Started by JojoH * ,

    Hi Everyone, My name is Jody, Im a Freelance Graphic Designer but have recently applied to join as a Special....no not because Im "Special" lol My assessment is coming up in November so no doubt I will be asking you guys n gals for advice and tips :-) Speak soon Jody

  13. stu4537
    Started by stu4537,

    Introducing myself, I am a retired Police Sergeant having served 2 years in the Lancashire Constabulary 1969-1971, then 36 years with the Western Australian Police Service, 1971 -2007. Although retired from policing, I keep in touch with my workmates through being a member of the Blue Knights Australia 1, law enforcement motorcycle club in Perth. Stu4537

  14. Rocks
    Started by Rocks,

    Hi all Just registered as i've just completed my Police application about 10 minutes ago :) I'm an ex-squaddie, bored to death with my civvie job and hope that the Police accepts me anyway, til I get the yah or nay i'll be sticking around. And probably asking some really dumb new-guy questions hahah later Rocks

  15. EojEoj667
    Started by EojEoj667 * ,

    Hello My name is joe I'm 18 years old and have wanted to be a police officer since I was a small child. At the begining of the year my application for special constable was turned down due to lack of life experience. This led me to get an SIA licence and become a door supervisor as I though this would give me some relevant experiance with dealing with the public and difficult situations. I've researched the role of police officer as much as I possibly can as it is the only thing I want to do. Being a door supervisor has only reinforced this as I've worked quite closely with the police at several events including one where I was left in charge of security. I've been told…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.