Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. sneakysson
    Started by sneakysson * ,

    Hi everyone my name is Liam (username - sneakysson). I'm currently wishing to join the police and passed the SET Test. Next is the fitness / group activity, wish me luck. At the moment I'm working in a call centre and looking for a new and challenging career in the police.It’s nice to see a community like this and hope to have a nice time here. Any help with my future assessments would be helpful So yeah...Hi. Thanks for reading my post Liam

  2. Snakeslaw
    Started by Snakeslaw * ,

    Hi I'm Snakeslaw. I'm currently wishing to join the police at a later point in life and found this forum very interesting to read on police related news and information on the police. It's great to find a forum such as this and I hope this will come in handy to refer to for any questions I could have when I apply to join the police in future. At the moment I'm just about to finish up my second last year at high school. After the exams I plan on seeking out a job and actually begin to try and do....exercise (dun dun dun). As obvious as it sounds. I'd like to go for a police career. I am well aware that recruitment is a difficult process which is why I'm going to keep my…

  3. sueheeley
    Started by sueheeley * ,

    Hello My name is sue, and ive just joined, in the hope that some one will help me, first i must appologise for any spelling mistakes, im dyslexic...

  4. jimwise68
    Started by jimwise68,

    this isnt my first post, but thought I would just come in here and say hello. Found this site will trying to find out some information in regards to my son being stopped and fined for illegal wheels. Lesson learnt. Have to say quite like the idea of this forum, even though its not an "official" police forum. Gives a chance for the general public to talk to police officers without it being due to doing something wrong or having had something bad happen to them. All good for building better relations and to get a better understanding of the law. Win/Win allround.

  5. Alex_AbleBaker
    Started by Alex_AbleBaker * ,

    Hi everyone, My name's Alex and new to UKPO. You'll probably not see me around a lot, I'm at 6th form but I thought I'd join this site as I'm looking into a career within the police after university. Whatever I post it'll probably be witty so don't be offended by it and if anyone wants a chat you're more than welcome to message me. Hope everyone has a good day. Happy postings!

  6. TangoOscar31
    Started by TangoOscar31,

    Afternoon all, After a partially forced exile, the wanderer returns. I looking forward to continuing from where I left off. :wink: Great to be back, I think.

  7. WoodrowT
    Started by WoodrowT * ,

    Hey everyone! My names Tom, i'll be turning seventeen in June and hope to join the Police full time next year once I turn 18. I have always been interested in the police and despite my friends being how should we say..Quite..Rebellious or rather, hold a lack of understanding for the Police and the good job they do, this has never effected me. I'm here to keep up to date and see what current Police officers and others interested in the Police think about the various topics that come up, and also to learn some information to perhaps better my chances when the time to apply comes up. So yeah, hello again! *If there is anyone who could spare some extra information or hel…

  8. OSGB36
    Started by OSGB36 * ,

    Hi all, new on here, currently in the process to become a Special Constable have passed the assessment centre so fitness and training to go! Hope I can add something to the forums.....

  9. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    Just thought I'd say hi, I am obviously new to this forum. I am unfortunately not a regular although I intend to keep applying until I am one, although I am a special at this moment in time. And for now that's about it :) WMSC

  10. The Immoral Entity
    Started by The Immoral Entity,

    I'm new here; I have been invited to this forum by one of the members. I am Swedish so therefore my nick name here, I don't have any morals, I must have been sick that day when they taught us that in school. I am, however, not residing in Sweden. I am residing on the other side of the pond. I have very limited knowledge of Law Enforcement, but I am curious and want to learn about your profession.

  11. helen66
    Started by helen66,

    Hello everyone . I am new here.

  12. davidthurman
    Started by davidthurman * ,

    Hi, My name is David and I have got my initial interview for strathclyde police in the next month and I would appreciate it if some one could point me in the right direction on where I can find information and what to expect, I would also really like to speak to some probationers who have recently gone through the process. Thank you.

  13. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello guys and gals! I am new to this forum. 6 months ago I left the special constabulary after 18 months service because of a conflict of interests with my new day job (parking civil enforcement officer with a local council). I am now trying every avenue to try and get back in as a PC or SC. I applied for my local force (Norfolk) a few months ago but got a letter the other week to say I failed papersift. I am now on a 6month ban from applying for PC roles with all forces. I am now trying some other routes to get back in the SC role but changing my day job, with not much luck at the moment. After my 6 months ban which will finish in mid September, I will be looking t…

  14. Townesey
    Started by Townesey,

    Hello, Just joined the site after reading a few questions. Applied to suffolk force last April (2012), passed the adsessment centre this Feb, now just awaiting the rest of the recruitment process! Any advice welcome. Steve

  15. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Who's all going through the recruitment process at the moment? What stage are you at?

    • 0 replies
    • 259 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.