Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Dahinchl
    Started by Dahinchl,

    Hey everyone, Been following these forums for a couple of months and thought I would finally post something. Starting as a DO in York in September and just put in an application for the Specials alongside this. Hope everyone is well! Dave

    kester1546080880
  2. dmtllama
    Started by dmtllama,

    Hi all New to this forum jazz, so got my fitness coming up this saturday to be a special,last step until im accepted. Any tips from anyone?thanks all

    kester1546080880
  3. oldcodger
    Started by oldcodger,

    Hi all, my first post - i have passed everything TVP have thrown at me so far: Assessment Centre, Interview, Provisional Offer, Medical, Fitness Test, Uniform fitting, i know my referees have sent in references. Am waiting for formal offer which i guess is waiting for vetting. provisional start date is 22 April. Anyone out there also got April 22 as start date? Do you have your formal offer yet? Seems to be taking ages... Thanks

    operationfirestorm
  4. dogsbody1546621197
    Started by dogsbody1546621197 * ,

    Hi, I often look for legal tips on this forum and felt I should join so I can contribute and ask questions. I'm a keen motorist on 2 and 4 wheels and I'd very much like to stay on the right side of the law! Thanks in advance ;-)

  5. Moray Outfitting
    Started by Moray Outfitting * ,

    Hello All, I'm hoping that I've set things up correctly and approached this the right way. Apologies in advance if goofed! Moray Outfitting is a forum guise for a deer management and training organisation - Stalking School - based in Moray. We are not here on a trade basis as such, but due to the nature of our field, we have a fairly high level of interaction with the police and obviously operate in a fairly highly regulated environment! And one that seems ever more confusing for both 'sides'! We were recommended to the Forum by several serving officers both as a way of keeping in touch with policing views and to possibly provide help/ feedback to the Forum members i…

  6. Noakesy
    Started by Noakesy * ,

    Hi everyone I'm a student currently studying in Manchester, hoping to have a go at joining the special constabulary soon :) Cheers Noakesy

  7. Emmabeth
    Started by Emmabeth,

    Hi, I've joined as I have some random questions that I think probably don't warrant visiting the local police station. Additionally, my sister has two foster kids who are slowly coming round to the idea of living like normal folk but do get themselves in the doo-doo from time to time, (swearing at officers, running away from police... stupid teenage chav things!) so I might need to ask 'teenage chav in trouble' related things too!

  8. cleverley1986
    Started by cleverley1986 * ,

    Hi Everyone! I'm John, 27 and in TVP! Will have finished my 3rd year service next week. Look forward to getting to know you all! JC

  9. A bit special
    Started by A bit special * ,

    Hi Everyone, Just thought I would start a thread and say hi to one and all. I've been a special with TVP for just over a year now (tell me if this violates any PERSEC) Looking to join full time later on down the line, need to gain another a-level thanks to the new criteria set down.

  10. Jaseab
    Started by Jaseab * ,

    Hello, i'm new to this. I joined up to look for threads about uniform. I am joining Devon & Cornwall Police at the end of August & was wondering if people had any suggestions for kit/equipment that are not issued but they deem essential? Do we still get the vests to carry all of the kit as I wasn't measured for one of those?

  11. nortech-ir
    Started by nortech-ir * ,

    Hi all, I've been reading the forum for a while. I'm not in the Police force myself, but I'm a supplier of personal thermal imaging cameras to police forces in the UK. We have a number of these cameras out on trial at present. I'm not here to sell anything, but just to get a feel for the equipment that officers currently use, and if anyone has used any type of thermal imaging before, I'd like to know what you think of it's suitability for officers. Ian.

  12. Techie1
    Started by Techie1 +,

    Hi all I've wandered over here due to the issues at the old police oracle forum... Not entirely sure why there is two similar forums run by the same people... I'm a member of police staff (civilian, in old money) working in the IT Dept. Prior to that, I worked for a council (but not in IT) for about 4 years, pretty much straight out of uni.

  13. scoutmedic
    Started by scoutmedic * ,

    Hello all, I am Paramedic in the Sussex area and an active member of the UK ambulance forum - we have some useful interjections on our discussions from police colleagues so I thought I would pop in here and see if there were some interesting discussions relevant to the ambulance world too.

  14. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Hi guys and girls. I'm new to this forum, some of you may have seen me about on the PS.com forum?! :) I am in the early stages of applying for the specials at MerPol, sent my application form off just over a week ago, got a long while until I know if I'm in the force or not You guys got any advice for me? :)

  15. Princessvmh
    Started by Princessvmh,

    Hola Hi just joined the specials, and I'm in my first week of training. Long term plan is to join regs, however whist at university it's a good opportunity to gain knowledge and experience of the role prior to joining. I'm based in the north wales and its a very welcoming force:)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.