New Member Introductions
Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.
10229 topics in this forum
-
Hi there. I have always been interested in the issue of Policing. In the mid 90s, I was even a recruitment candidate for the Met. Unfortunately, despite early success in the application process, my knees are shot, so my application was stopped on medical grounds. My recent interest in the issues of policing and the public started when I bumped into the American 'Don't Talk to Police' video on YouTube. It raised my curiosity, so I started looking into related questions of rights and obligations in the UK and it turned out to be an intriguing and engaging subject, with enough ongoing conflict to make it dramatic and compelling. I'm interested in the balance been the p…
-
-
- 21 replies
- 698 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there I'm Dan from Hampshire. I'm 17 years old, currently looking into universities and future really. I've always wanted to join the police, especially the dog unit as I have a passion for dogs anyway and working with them is my dream. I know I have to be an ordinary officer first though. I'm looking at doing a Criminology degree as I know these days to get in to the police you have to stand out from the crowd, I would also really enjoy it. I would also like to join the specials whilst doing this degree to gain experience. Dan
-
- 3 replies
- 402 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello there, New person here just thought I would say hello. Within the Police I was in a civilian volunteer role for a couple of years before becoming a PCSO some four and a bit years ago, and I am hoping to become a PC. On a relativley recent internal recruitment drive I appied to become a PC. Having passed the assessment centre with a score just over the pass mark I did ofcourse pass the A/C, but was not invited to a final interview unfortunately. On a more recent recruitment drive (the second internal), those with a score a little bit higher than me were invited to final interviews and have recently become PC's within the force. I have missed out only by a few perc…
-
-
- 3 replies
- 584 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Sorry, this is my thread but my other account broke. Hello. I'm 24 and applying for the regs in the MPS this autumn. I hope to share my success stories with you guys soon. :)
-
Hello Its a pity that bright idea to look for police forum visited me just today. As I wanted to join police from moment I came to UK. Well, Im a woman, I live in Scotland, English is not my first language, so forgive me my mistakes!) I was waiting for a long time (until I didnt get my british citizenship, until I didnt have my manual driving licence, until recruitment lines are open) and list go on)) Now on next week Im applying at last, have got Police Practice Papers for Scottish Police Forces...Seems Im doing them pretty OK) I think you all here are great and I wish you all the best, thanks for posting, thanks for info Hopefully one day I will be able to write so…
-
- 3 replies
- 429 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I am a PCSO working in Suffolk, I have applied for the regulars and am waiting to see if I have made it to the assessment centre. Made to the final interview last year and didn't get through, but that's life and i'll see how I do this time....
-
- 5 replies
- 477 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi All, Thought I would say hello, about to attend assessment centre in September to try and get into Civil Nuclear Constabulary. Cheers, Matt
-
- 1 reply
- 354 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys and Gals, long time viewer of the forum however never really posted! Gathered some great advice on here on the past so keep up the good work! Recently passed the D&C Assessment Centre having been a Special for a few years, just about to do Medical/Fitness etc this week then hoping for a quick start date!!
-
- 1 reply
- 288 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I thought I'd introduce myself. Just re-joined the forum today and I'm currently going through the application process with Devon & Cornwall. I originally applied in 2008 and successfully navigated my way through the paper sift only for the recruiting process to be switched off before I got to an Assessment Day. Anyway I hope it goes all the way this time!! Regards Steve
-
-
- 12 replies
- 416 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi All, Any room for a little one in here So to introduce myself, I'm Gary, I'm a PCSO with the BTP at the moment, been with BTP for 7 years now after 2 years with the Met. I spent the first 6 years with BTP in central London and last year I moved to Sheffield. I have to confess I only really just found this site and I'm here because I am stuck in that eternal struggle to trade in my blue epaulettes for black ones. I will explain more in other posts Other than that I look forward to talking to you all
-
-
- 16 replies
- 501 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone! Just a quick message to introduce myself. I'm Sunissa, 26 year old female working as a PCSO for Avon and Somerset. Started in 2009 but took a two year career break to travel and have been back for a while now :) Currently waiting on my assessment centre results for Suffolk Police. Hope you're all having a great evening!
-
-
- 6 replies
- 499 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi guys, I'm new here. I start with TVP next month having been a special for the last 3years. Very excited and can't wait to get going now. Anyone else on the September intake at Sully??
-
- 3 replies
- 326 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all Im an MDP officer (cue moans and groans)! Certainly looks an interesting set of forums.
-
- 8 replies
- 548 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am a new member from South London applying second time round for the MPS as a Special... hopefully second time lucky, these forums look interesting! Any tips, let me know!
-
- 2 replies
- 290 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all Been lurking for a couple of weeks thought I should say hello. I'm a Serving officer with Bedfordshire, 8yrs in, last 3 on traffic.
-
-
- 6 replies
- 488 views
- 1 follower
-