New Member Introductions
Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.
10229 topics in this forum
-
Hi I'm Dan & new to this site & joined to get a feel what it is like in the Police Force & if I can even get in. I'm 22 & all I've ever wanted to do is join the police whether Paid or unpaid as a special since I was a kid. I have a criminal tho. When I was 17 I crashed my car speeding & got 5 points on my licence for careless driving the only reason they didn't ban me was because I looked after my ill Nan. I also have a common assault caution & have had seat belt fines & a section 59. Shouldn't of really been so naive or stupid but didn't really think when I was younger. All my own fault but how much will this affect me trying to get in or is i…
-
-
- 18 replies
- 2k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi all, I'm quite new to the site and I am currently applying to Lothian and Borders. I have my Fitness test for Lothian and Borders on the 28th of March. Training is going well. I understand that the day includes a 1 hour Paperwork Excercise. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what that might entail, and what preperation I may be able to take before hand. Thank you! Andrew
-
-
- 7 replies
- 647 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just realised I already had an account set up so thought I would join in. Had my initial interview with Strathclyde yesterday. Just awaiting my letter now within 7 - 10 days to see if i've made it through to vetting. Hello Again!!
-
Hello Ok so I don't come on here much any more now that i'm in the job and like to keep my time off non police related but i joined this forum back in 2003 and now I'm restricted as a newbie. And i never liked posting anyway, just reading bits here and there. Ah well, only 2 more posts to go lol
-
- 3 replies
- 526 views
- 1 follower
-
-
HELLO! There, as promised a big hello! Have been lurking on these boards for some time now, and recently thought I should rear my head and become a part of this fantastic community, so here I am! I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Blue Steel, silly user name I know, but it was a running thing, came about because of the police robots and tech being refered to as blue steel so it just kind of stuck! (<<Useless info) Anyways, As I said, I have been lurking here for quite some while and recently really wanted to become a part of the community. Im 20 years old at the moment and live in Spain, although I'm British. I have always been fascinated by the police force…
-
-
- 6 replies
- 444 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all i'm new to forum just signed up now as i am wanting to possibly start a new career in policing. I'm currently a machine operator in a engineering company and find it pretty boring. I have rang north Yorkshire police department to see if they are recruiting but i was told they are not . Any tips ? sorry if it's in the wrong part of the forum. Kind Regards Jack
-
- 3 replies
- 425 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello everybody, I am currently in traning in New South Wales, Australia to be a police officer with the NSW Police Force. I am an ex British Army NCO that was chatted up by an australian who I married and moved down under. I have started recruit training down under with a goal to finish up working in the bush. I am now 32 with 2 kids and another on the way. I go by the saying "Living the dream" and this is something I am trying to do every day Any questions then please give me a shout Nik
-
- 7 replies
- 288 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I've just signed up following the demise of the fabulous Inspector Gadget blog. I retired from the Service with serious spinal injuries with 12 years service. I served predominantly in Uniform, and was promoted to CID, then promoted back to Uniform, where the injuries were sustained. I loved every moment of my service, although I'm not sure I'd much enjoy it now. I qualified in Law and currently practice Corporate and Civil Law. I keep contact with my friends who are still in the job, their updates on the state of Policing at the hands of HMG fill me with abject horror and a loathing for this Government.
-
-
- 11 replies
- 387 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Good Morning all, Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Joe I'm 23 and due to start my Police, Law and Community course next weekend with the end goal of joining Surrey Police at some point in the future. I've been lurking on the forums for a while and decided to take the plunge as you all seem very helpful and knowledgeable. Anyway, that's enough from me. Hopefully I'll be speaking to some of you more often. Joe.
-
- 2 replies
- 308 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, My name is Megz, i'm the last couple of years at secondary school and i am very interested in joining the police when i am older. I've joined to get as much info as possible about the whole process, and to hopefully learn lots here too. My dad was in the Royal Miltary Police a long time ago, and my mum was in the navy, but thats not why i want to join the police. It's something i've always wanted to do. I am hoping to go to college after secondary school to do one of the Public Services courses if that helps, but i still need to find out about which one is best for me and what to do after that. It's all pretty new for me, so i'm looking forward to reading the …
-
-
- 8 replies
- 508 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all, just passed application, day at ryton in April. Anybody coming? Any tips would be much appreciated!! Thanks
-
-
- 2 replies
- 363 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I would quickly like to introduce myself to everyone on here. I worked for the last 6 yrs on 24hr emergency call out, securing up property's / crime scenes for the Met police for a certain company with yellow pens.I would like to personally thank each and every member of the Met I have had the privilege to meet & work with over the years, it has made me realize that certain members of the general public need to get into their heads, that there are normal human beings behind the uniform, it is not always a nice job to do & it can affect your family life but I have seen some of the things you do and put up with day in day out, fantastic..... stay safe out ther…
-
-
- 3 replies
- 387 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello all Just signed up today, very nervous but excited about potential in the police. Sent my application form to nottinghamshire police on Friday, just had a thought though, one of my referees I've known for 2years 7months but by the time they contact him it will be three years, could this b a problem?? Thanks in advance
-
-
- 7 replies
- 632 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I am currently gathering data for my dissertation looking at on-call work. My project, 'What is the impact of working on-call across professions?' aims to examine the effects of working on-call across professions, with the police force being one of the main categories. As part of my dissertation I have created an on-call questionnaire, which contains general questions about on-call work and its impact on the person. If any of you work on-call (e.g. called into work when at home out of regular shift patterns), please could you fill out the questionnaire for me? It shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes to fill out, and may provide some interesting results abo…
-
- 1 reply
- 254 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just a quick hello from me, just been accepted onto an intake with a home office force to start very soon so having a good look round with great interest! AS
-
- 1 reply
- 276 views
- 1 follower
-