Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. luke4387
    Started by luke4387,

    Hi All, I am back! I was a Special for a year until my new job conflicted with Police work so I had to leave sadly. But that situation has changed and I have applied again for the Specials in West Mercia. How long does it take to get through the paper sift these days? Last time it was only two weeks but now it seems longer! My intention is to join as a Reg eventually and I have a friend from my time as a Special (who is still serving as a Special) and I was told that West Mercia are recruiting Specials and PCSO's for the Regs. I cannot wait to get going again, I only left 18-24 months but miss it alot! Sadly I have to do all the training again but it will be worth…

  2. Saam1546620991
    Started by Saam1546620991 * ,

    Hi all just stumbled across this website whilst getting in some last minute revision for my second last interview/role play tomorrow! Names Sam and I'm from Bathgate - currently in process to become a Lothian and borders po if all goes to plan! If anyone has any last minute tips or advice with regards to the interview would be much obliged! Sam

    jimbojones123 *
  3. jimbojones123
    Started by jimbojones123 * ,

    Hi, just joined the forum while browsing for some background for my recruitment process. Have just sat and passed the SET test with Lothian & Borders Force and have now been invited to go for the fitness test.... I have been going to the gym to get fitter and hopefully this will stand me in good stead. Anyone else in my position? Feeling a little nervous about it?

    jimbojones123 *
  4. andyc87
    Started by andyc87,

    Hello! Name: Andy Cottle Location: South West Age: 25 I'm currently a primary school teacher, although it is a fantastic job I am keen to join the Police, to continue to support my local community, to build bridges and to protect and serve the people around me in a more dynamic and prominent way. I'm on here to glean information about the application process and to offer any advice where I can. Andy.

  5. jakewh
    Started by jakewh,

    Hi all, Having been a long time lurker it was about time I started getting stuck in. Thinking about joining Hampshire's specials with a view to joining the regs after uni

  6. paul crawford
    Started by paul crawford,

    Hi all I'm new here im a 30 year old male from edinburgh and currently working through my police application process with lothian and borders police force. I have my assessment day at the end of january which is part the reason for signing up here to learn more . I have always had a keen intrest in policing in the community and i deal face to face with the public on a daily basis in my current job. My father worked for lothian and borders police for over 15 years as a police traffic warden and my mother also worked at the force headqaurters so ive grew up around police ( family friends and storys of the police ) and that has had a positive effect on my life with som…

  7. Survival trainer
    Started by Survival trainer * ,

    Let me introduce myself my name is james and I a self taught survival trainer and I have been looking into the case file for April jones and I wish to help all I can with my knowledge of survival thinking as I have several ideas where the little girl could be.

  8. pezza216
    Started by pezza216,

    hi everyone, im perry and i am currently doing my police law and community course with the intention on passing to join surrey police. i have a long term goal of either being apart of tackling terrorism or being apart of CO19 firearms...... I know there very hard goals to achieve but you have to aim for the top. any advice would be much appreciated.... thanks Perry

  9. krypton
    Started by krypton * ,

    Hi, I recently found your site, looks like some interesting content, so I thought I would join. This is the first time I have been in a police (web) forum (other than university studies). I'm a police officer (Sergeant) from Australia. I work at Newcastle City Local Area Command, New South Wales Police Force. I have been a police officer for 16 years. I am currently having a 6 month holiday in Scotland. Looking forward to meeting some UK police while I'm over here. Regards

  10. jontif
    Started by jontif,

    Just wanted to say hi as you all seem a friendly bunch. I am currently at vetting stage for Call handler position, I have passed the medical so just keeping my fingers crossed the vetting and references go ok. With Christmas being imminent im not sure how long it will take before I find out and/or get a written offer.

  11. Mrs G23
    Started by Mrs G23,

    Just a wee hello from me, currently going through the recruitment process for Tayside, with my senior officer interview next Friday... ARGH! Wish me luck :o)

  12. bubbles1966
    Started by bubbles1966,

    Well hello to everybody who is a member of UKPolice Online. Let me introduce myself to you all first. I have been worked in a custodial enviroment on and off for the past twenty years. I applied to join the Met as a DDO just before the new government came into power. Passed my assesment, fitness and vetting and was waiting for a start date only to be called by a very nice gentleman to say i would not be able to start because of the new government coming into power and the impending budget cuts. I feel sorry foir all the other people that were in the same boat as me, at least i had not handed my notice in at wrk. I understand that a lot of people had got their start…

  13. Kitbag1546620972
    Started by Kitbag1546620972 * ,

    Hi everybody - just thought I would introduce myself! My name is Megan and I am hoping to start my training to become a special with Thames Valley in March. Can't wait to get stuck in! Nice to meet you all

  14. Channelmoon
    Started by Channelmoon,

    Hi all. Me new. Festive greetings.

  15. mkr83
    Started by mkr83,

    Newbie probationer (well, due to start 7th Jan) from Fife. Thought I'd pop my head in and say hello. Trying to prepare as much as possible for induction and 10 weeks at Tulliallan. Hope you all had a good Christmas and best wishes for 2013!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.