New Member Introductions
Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.
10229 topics in this forum
-
Hi there everyone! I'm currently a special constable and applying to join the regulars in a neighbouring force - we'll see how it goes. (Oh and I work for an ambulance service in the control room and I'm a final-year law student) I'm here to learn a bit, lurk around and generally waste some time.
-
- 4 replies
- 442 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am looking for information and advice on joining police in either Australia/NZ or Canada. Anybody with any information and advice please reply!! I have 2 kids so my main concern is would my wage be enough to support my family. What is the cost of living etc etc. Thanks in advance. Briggsy
-
- 1 reply
- 281 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello folks, Apologies, I posted yesterday briefly without introducing myself. I came on to look something up, but ended up registering. Its that postometer thingy you have at the top! I felt that I had to keep the meter running or something. Son and daughter and wider family in the police, different areas up North, but same problems workwise. Mums (and Dads and partners) all care about you and worry. So if its ok, I woud like to peek on now and then, just to keep up to date with issues. Promise not to be a nuisance. Take care all x Whistle
-
- 5 replies
- 431 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I'm a fresh faced 22 year old from Kirkcaldy, Fife and am currently in the process of applying to Tayside, with my senior officer interview in the very near future. Graduated from Dundee University last year where I studied politics and International Relations where my interest in joining the police really started to develop. I was never interested in being a politician or anything to that effect, but was always interested in taking modules where I could learn more about different aspects of crime and policing across the world. Two particular favourites were Surveillance in the Post 9/11 World and The Global War on Drugs. When I'm not boring people to tea…
-
- 10 replies
- 474 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hey all, Just a quick hello to everyone and anyone on here :-) Awaiting a start date for PC (prob end of year) and very excited to becoming job soonish...lol Cheers, TC
-
- 2 replies
- 284 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi guys, the names George, i'm 20 years old and all I want to do in join the police, it's been a dream of mine since I was 8 years old and I saw a police officer arresting a man in town for assault, I'm currently a security guard in Nottingham and more often then not we have police on site, anyway hope I can get some tips and advice on hear, Regards George
-
- 1 reply
- 328 views
- 1 follower
-
-
First of all, let me ask: why did the account confirmation email went into my junk mail? Is this website for real or how serious are they going to take me? Allow me to introduce myself, I am a 19 year old girl/woman/teen/alien whose father is life threatening. By this I mean that daily he is abusing me psychologicly, both me and my mother. 3 days ago he hit my head against the wall for turning off his computer, and he also kicked me a number of times in my back after I fell to the ground. My little sister, she is only 8 years old, heard what was going on and she went to bed crying. When my mum came home I told her what happened right after my dad told her that "I was …
-
-
- 2 replies
- 428 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Im new to the forum thought I would join after hearing a couple of the regs talking about the place. I've just started as an SC with Leics police.
-
- 3 replies
- 371 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello just joined after lurking for a while. Applied to Grampian twice and failed, first on second interview, second 6months later on first interview.
-
- 5 replies
- 399 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello there, I'm Phil. I'm going up to aberdeen for my SET, fitness and interview on sunday! Looking forward to it. I will be devistated at losing my beard though cause I've had one for ten years! I always said though, "The only way I'll shave is if I become a police officer." Here's hoping a get to shave it off.
-
- 1 reply
- 445 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello I'm Julia :) Been lurking on the site for a few months trying to absorb as much information and guidance as possible for my SEARCH Assessment Centre held in December. I passed with and overall mark of 69% and am awaiting my interview with Merseyside in the near future. Woohoo! Still a lot of hard work and dedication to put in, but I'm up for the challenge! :)
-
- 9 replies
- 486 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Well, I joined a while ago but remained relatively inactive on this site (as my post count can attest to), in fact I haven't even been lurking much... But, I suppose now I'm moving into a more critical 6-12 months of my life with regards to decision making. I'm half-way through my AS levels (I'm 16, currently at a Grammar School 6th form) and naturally when they're over it's on to A2: a few months into them and I am expected to choose my preferred University degree. As I'm here I think you can guess what sort of vocational degree I'm looking at, and what sort of profession I'm looking to get a career in. But, for the moment, I'll probably be placing a straw against th…
-
I'm not really new, but I haven't done an intro yet. I've been flitting around with applying to be a special since September. Now I've had my Front Bike Wheel stolen, I've somehow realised that it is something I want to do (one not to mention at interview, methinks!) I've finally sent off an email to Ruralshire Constabulary; fingers crossed they'll actually want me! tjp
-
- 4 replies
- 546 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I'm in the very lucky position of starting my training with Durham on Monday. Very much looking forward to it. I know I'm going to go through a steep learning curve. I've worked in an admin-esque roll for almost 10 years and I'm no spring chicken. I'm hoping I will be able to utilise the collective wisdom and experience of you guys to assist me with what I have to do. Time for me to go and have a nosey around the boards.
-
- 1 reply
- 386 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just wanted to say hello as a newbie I'm from Manchester and about to start a law degree and wanted to get an insight into all applications of statute from every level. cheers!
-
- 1 reply
- 244 views
- 1 follower
-