Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Rocket-MK11
    Started by Rocket-MK11,

    Well, my eyes have been opened to the fact that there are other police related forums on the internet! Who am I? I am Rocket (MK11 on here as someone else beat me to the username!) Once I've reached the 10 posts I think I can update my profile with some more info, I also need to get my serving officer ribbon here and need to provide the proof for that. I have been reading your forum for a while and registered today to join in with you all. So, hello!

  2. Clarky7119
    Started by Clarky7119 * ,

    Hi all just joined the forum as it seemed to the largest of the police forums. I'm in the process of leaving the Army (PAP10) after 6 and a half years (Infantry Piper) and hope for a career with the soon to be Scottish Police Service as soon as they are recruiting and I have a discharge date. Don't worry I won't be posting loads of questions that are already answered elsewhere (as happens on Arrse) just thought it a good idea to join to see if I pick up any helpful info along the way. I've looked over the Strathclyde application forms and got stuck on the community involvement bit as I'm from Sighthill in Glasgow and joined the Army at 16 to escape the place though I hav…

  3. Cheetah
    Started by Cheetah,

    Well I'm not Jackie Chan that's for sure. The names Cheetah. Thats Cheetah not Cheater although that is sort of how I got the name in the first place, sadly it's not because of my soft fur or my spots or the fact I can run really really fast. I'm a moderator over on PoliceSpecials.com so I'm actually here right now whilst our site is undergoing some, errrrr, maintenance. I do intend to look in more often though having been a member here for several months but not having made any posts. So I'm a Simple Servant working for the Government at a top secret location just off the M55 near Blackpool working on top secret IT projects. Actually, can you just ignore that parag…

  4. onthesquare28
    Started by onthesquare28,

    ..but thought I would introduce myself. I: was born in the late 1960s live in an urban area of the Thames Valley Police Authority Area work in the accounting industry am interested in politics and the law have no children and live with my male partner ;-)

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 306 views
  5. Mezdupa
    Started by Mezdupa,

    Hi, I am brand new out of a crisp bag -. Although I was christened kicking with the other foot, I do believe that the concerned Alliance MP, with backing from her associates have made a mistake in terms of the British Flag in relation to the city hall. As the Government are intervening,for them to say such a decision which has been enforced has been incorrect, would then say that the Loyalist unemployed youth of N.Ireland's current destruction and aggression would be correct and such behaviour acceptable. Currently living in Liverpool, even the Loyalist factions are also undertaking protest, however, this is being carried out within a peaceful arena! The majority of t…

  6. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    Evening all, Some of you may remember me from a few years back when I caused a bit of trouble. I'd just like to apologise for that and to assure you all that real life has smacked me square on the face and I'm a much more grounded person now. On top of that I'm currently in the middle of applying to become a Special so, fingers crossed, I'll ace the interview this time! Hope you're all well!

    • 3 replies
    • 424 views
  7. ChelT
    Started by ChelT,

    Hi i have my SET exam on 4th of December, does anyone know if we get our results straight after? Also it states on the letter we are detained for 3 hours? why so long? thanks :)

    sheebysheebster1546620005
  8. audienceandaudio
    Started by audienceandaudio * ,

    Alright? I'm twenty-five, female, from Edinburgh. I have been able to apply to L&B since October 1st but won't be submitting anything until mid-January. Anyone else is even a slightly similar position?

  9. andyace

    I really just wanted to say hello to everyone first of all :) I just started my application for Lothian and Borders on the 1st so I'm currently working on the 4 questions that are asked at this stage. I was just wondering if anyone who has been through the application process (particularly for L&B) could give me any useful advice or insight. The part I am most worried about is the first interview as I have read that the questions that are asked can be quite extensive. Thank you!

  10. Bynti
    Started by Bynti,

    Hi i'm new and just getting to know the site...i'm a civvy with interest in community affairs, and have found this site interesting...looking forward to becoming a 'full' member. :))

  11. Chief801546620950
    Started by Chief801546620950 * ,

    Hi all, I've been in the job (GMP) for 6 years in total and have just joined this forum in hope to get some info about most things but in the immediate about the ospre part 1 sgts exam in March next year. Hope to get some good advice and some much needed kicks in the right direction of which package is best to use to revise! cheers Pete

  12. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    Thought I might as well say hello. Have been wanting to join the police as a regular officer for ages but, with the lack of recruitment, thought I'd join TVP as a special. Two weeks before my training starts, TVP opened up 250 slots and I managed to get a place so I'm also about to submit my application for regs. (typical! get through the application process, vetting, etc.. now have to start all over again.. hopefully it'll be worth it) G

  13. Beat123
    Started by Beat123 * ,

    Hi, I have recently and very patiently completed and sent off the BTP application. Unlike other forces I have been in contact with, BTP clearly state that due to the volume of applicants they do not always notify those who are unsuccessful which can be a bit of a pain being left in limbo! The other day I received an email saying ..... Please except this as confirmation that your application will be going through the sift process. I didn't expect a reply....is this procedure? I have never applied to BTP, and I appreciate their recruiting process sbrather different in comparison to the likes of Strathclyde. Does anyone have any knowledge of what to expect at the assessm…

  14. tobyf46
    Started by tobyf46,

    Hello everyone, I signed up to this forum last week and the topics have been very interesting to read. I am currently in my third year of studying a Crime & Policing degree and plan to apply to Essex Police over the next year or two. I have always wanted to become a Police Officer since I was young and all aspects of the profession interest me. Look forward to reading your posts, topics and opinions. Thanks :wink:

  15. BigGus678
    Started by BigGus678,

    How's it going everyone?. My names Danny and I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd introduce myself!.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.