Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Mackem73
    Started by Mackem73,

    Just a quick hello ! I'm an applicant for Norfolk having recently been made redundant from the RAF. Handed in application on the 7th Sep and still waiting to hear ! Fingers crossed my new career is as successful as my old one :)

  2. 04bowmanj
    Started by 04bowmanj * ,

    Hi Guys New to the forum and new to the police in general, my specials training starts with Thames Valley next month. I'm sure the topic of boots has been done before but I thought I'd ask a few questions. Whats the most common make that is used for boots by the police? Magnum and Bates seems to crop up again and again. Also how high should the boots be? Recommendations for which I should buy would be very welcome.

  3. annemarie89
    Started by annemarie89 * ,

    Hi there. I was just looking for some advice if possible. I have always wanted to joing the community police ever since I was young but have had some set backs along the way. Now I feel the time is right to persue a career in community police for myself and small family. Basically I would just like to know how to go about getting enrolled etc and what training/exams are involved? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank, Annemarie x

  4. YankeeMike20
    Started by YankeeMike20,

    Hello! I'm currently finishing up my years in education before embarking on a Policing course at Wolverhampton Uni! Upon completion I hope to join the mighty West Midlands Police :) I hope to eventually specialise to the traffic department. I must say this forum is invaluable to me and appreciate it been kept open for everyone to use!

  5. jdudeboy99
    Started by jdudeboy99 * ,

    Hi im jamie and im 16 years old and go to a Public school in london, However, my real wish from life is to become a Swat officer or in london i believer it is called CO19 Force Firearms Unit however i have completely no knowledge on what or how to become applicable to joining this. Before you ask i am committed to finishing my studies and studying a degree at university before looking to join such a squad, as i feel although im completely commited and hopeful on joining the police especially swat when im young i dont see it as a life career has anyone here got info or knowledge on what steps i should be looking at taking to joining such a squad. P.S joining the arm…

  6. Amz_1
    Started by Amz_1 * ,

    Heyaaaa I am about to start my training to become a BTP PCSO, i was just wondering what the trainings like ? :biggrin: and what is the average day for a BTP PCSO . P.S. i will be working in sheffield :tongue: Thanks Ameur

  7. SMaryF
    Started by SMaryF * ,

    Hello! I'm Sarah, a retired nursery nurse, now full time domestic engineer (ahem!), and kennel maid (slave) to two rescued English Setters. I am also honoured to be the neighbourhood watch co-ordinator for my road. This website came to my notice purely by accident whilst Googling for an answer, and I am pleased to be here to learn from the wealth of experience available from it's members. Thank you.

  8. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Hey all, Just thought I would get myself on here and see what is going on. Been a PCSO for a number of years now, despite the ups and downs, still enjoy the job but my goal is to become a Police Constable in the future. :)

  9. Pretty Peace
    Started by Pretty Peace * ,

    Hey Everyone! I've only just discovered this place, glad to be here :)

  10. Biffer
    Started by Biffer,

    Hi everyone. I'm Biffer, and I'm addicted to ... oops, sorry, wrong session. Well, actually, I'm pretty addicted to flight simming, but that's another story. I'm a born-again biker and this site was mentioned recently in another (motorcycling) forum by a biker/solicitor. I've been lurking for about a week and have found some fascinating threads. As a life-long endurance cyclist, and more recently back to motorbiking as well (0 cc one day, 1000cc t'other), my initial interest was Roads Policing etc. but I've been delving into all sorts of other interesting threads. So I'm glad I'm here and thanks for keeping this forum open to members of the public.

  11. Gursx
    Started by Gursx +,

    Well I just joined this community so i thought i'd introduce myself. I'm orginally Turkish but i've been living in London for all my life, I'm 16 years old and a full-time student. I'll be starting my Public Services course in a few weeks so i'm real excited about that. I'm also currently a Metropolitan Police Cadet, so i'm doing quite a lot of things to acheive my dream on being a police officer. I haven't yet thought of what i'll be doing after college, one idea is to do a degree on criminal justice or i might just apply to the force straight away. If anyone has ANY tips about how i can improve my chances in becoming a police officer, or if i should do a degree after my…

  12. GaigePeo
    Started by GaigePeo * ,

    Hello everybody, im new to this forum and i am interested in joining the police force, ive recently been focusing on improving fitness so i can hopefully pass the fitness tests/ requirments for the policeforce with flying colours, however i was told by a few friends that the police force is not Recruiting and ts really hard to Get into, any thoughts on that? Thanks :)

  13. Jkgawkm
    Started by Jkgawkm * ,

    Hi all, I've been searching the web for information about higher education courses to do with policing and stumbled upon this website. I hope that this will prove a valuable resource! Any advice greatly received.

  14. eglockwood888
    Started by eglockwood888 * ,

    Hi, Al! Just curious about the thin blue line and how not to cross it...

  15. chas
    Started by chas * ,

    Just being nosey!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.