New Member Introductions
Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.
10229 topics in this forum
-
A Merseyside girl here! Got my interview on the 14th of November and I'm nervous. Looks like there's lots of great advice on here so I'll be around for a while.
-
- 1 reply
- 359 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, As you can see I am new to the Forum. I am enquiring (sorry if this is posted in the wrong area of the Forum) about interest in Close Protection training. With all the cuts to the Police and Windsor schemes such as A19 would some officers be interested in being trained for work in the Close Protection arena? Many ex servicemen go into close protection when they come out of service as they have the necessary skills. As we all know PI (Private Investigator) is a common job for ex police officers however with all the changes to this job (SIA lisence/new laws etc) this may become an unpopular route after retirement. I feel that Police Officers (especially firear…
-
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Applied to Police Scotland last month and after some research I have discovered it will be a long process. I can see myself becoming very nervous! Should I wait to see if I pass through the first stage and also the SET before actively seeking out Police Officers to ask a few questions I have on the process of selection and training? Also, is it okay to approach Officers out on the beat? Thank you! I am looking forward to being part of this forum/community Sarah
-
-
- 9 replies
- 721 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hello, I was previously a Special Constable and am now a regular Police Constable. I'm a unformed officer on a NPT, but looking to move into CID. I am also in the final year of a criminology Masters Degree and will be asking for assistance on this forum later in the year for people to complete a survey as part of my research project. Regards, Henro
-
- 1 reply
- 403 views
- 2 followers
-
-
hello everyone, joined this forum to obtain and share information. im a serving officer of 4 years.
-
- 1 reply
- 354 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello All, I am a 24 year old English bloke living in Luxembourg. I moved here early this year and my contract finishes at the end of Jan 2014. It is a year contract. I am keen on joining the police and was wondering if it is really worth it. With all the changes (Windsor/May) coming into power I was hoping if any senior police officers could give me their 2 pennies worth on the job. I am especially looking forward to hearing from Detectives (that is a career ambition). I have done a lot of research on the career but not spoken to many Officers/Detectives who are currently in the job. The Met are opening a graduate programme that I would be massively interested in but…
-
- 0 replies
- 302 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, @B0uncr here. I've been a doorman for the last 15 years and I'm looking at treading the thin blue line in the not so distant future (providing the Govt and Winsor don't have anymore bright ideas...but we won't go down that road...)
-
- 2 replies
- 427 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I have recently sent away my application for Police Scotland. Does anyone know the waiting time for finding out if you have made it to S.E.T?
-
- 5 replies
- 546 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi there everyone, I was googling some information about tires and I found this forum had to sign up to read the responses. Hope to stick around and make some friends, I've been a long time forum user on various different forums. I don't mind being asked anything, I'm basically a 30 year old British Pakistani Atheist.
-
- 4 replies
- 429 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello there ladies and gents, I've just signed up today having been one of the 'anonymous' viewers for some time. I've recently sent off a 3rd application, having been turned down at final interview on two previous attempts. I'm looking forward to getting involved, learning lots, and meeting some like-minded aspiring Officers like myself!! Third time's a charm :-)
-
- 4 replies
- 422 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi All, I'm currently working for the ambulance service as a dispatcher in non emergency patient transport and soon to become an emergency call handler. In a few years time, my partner and I plan to relocate back to her native Suffolk, specifically Martlesham which is what brings me here. I've always been interested in the police and want to learn a little more about the structure of a police control room. Look forward to joining the forum. Cheers, Callhandler.
-
- 1 reply
- 341 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, Best introduce myself before I let myself loose on the boards! I'm 25 and looking to become a police officer in the near future! (Police Scotland will begin recruiting again in a couple of weeks). Got my full licence last year so this is the first opportunity I've had to apply! My step-dad is in the fire-brigade and told me 25 is the age where one is deemed to have 'life experience' (this may be rubbish, but my first application timing isn't too bad!) Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences and getting some proper knowledge from some real officers
-
- 3 replies
- 509 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi I've just joined the forum, I have my panel interview for what was L&B next week. Has anyone had there's recently or attending one soon.thanks
-
-
- 10 replies
- 656 views
- 4 followers
-
-
New to this, so thought i'd introduce myself. Got as far as Assessment stage back in October 2011 for Central. Waited 12 months to apply to Fife October 2012, but no more recruitment campaigns, with all becoming one force in April this year. In process of filling out application form, which is not too dissimilar to Fife's....which is a blessing ! Does anyone know if I'll have to do my sets again, with it being all one force now? Cheers
-
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I don't have a clue on what to say lol! Anyway I am 21 years old and I am wanting to become a police officer. I will be applying to police Scotland when they start recruiting this year. Only thing I am really nervous s for is the maths test, as I am hopeless at maths and have not sat a maths test since school when I was 17. I have had a few jobs mostly customer focused. For now I am working at the airport as a baggage handler. It would be a dream come true if I managed to be selected for training as it would set me up for life! But as I am young I know that I might need to wait a bit longer. I am still going to apply anyway and hope…
-
- 6 replies
- 451 views
- 6 followers
-