Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. paddy47
    Started by paddy47 * ,

    Dear All, I wonder if anyone can help,my son was a victim of debit card fraud via chip and pin at Sonisphere festival Knebworth last week. The bank, Actionfraud and the local police here in Ascot have been informed but we are no further forward as to where exactly this took place so that we can eliminate 'friends'/acquaintances He used a Link ATM machine at 00:30am on Sunday 6th July and according to the bank the fraudulent transaction took place at 10:34 am on the same day. The chip and pin machine is registered to a G Roberts which is no longer at the address/telephone number given by the bank. My son insists that his card was never out of his possession . I woul…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. john34
    Started by john34 * ,

    Hi, I'm a new boy my name is John and I'm a retired painter & decorator and I have a question. My cousin has lost the near side wing mirror on her 1972 Worsley 1300, is she breaking the law if she drives it. thanks

  3. NovemberCharlie74
    Started by NovemberCharlie74,

    Just wanted to say hello. This is my second time applying to Police Scotland. I've sat and passed the SET's with Strathclyde. I failed initial fitness in 2012. I reapplied again this year and have my fitness again on 2 June.

  4. Neeorg
    Started by Neeorg * ,

    I'm Darren and I'm hoping to learn from members of the forum as I've always wanted a career within the Police Force. I look forward to chatting.

  5. neuroz
    Started by neuroz,

    Hi all, i'm Shawn I'm just a few days from my fitness test, then *touches wood* I will be a uniformed constable. I have already been given a tentative start date, November. Man, I am soooo chuffed, I have been waiting for this moment for years. And here I am. I've got loads of tricky questions, so I am off to the other sub-forums. See you there!

  6. Rainagain
    Started by Rainagain * ,

    Just thought I would pop by. I've been a PCSO for 10 years now, still enjoy the job, in my eyes it's the best of police jobs. The role has changed massively in 10 years and to be fair I worry that we are being slowly moved from our core role and turned into "cheap cops" I for one have great respect for police officers but don't want to do that job, if I did I would have applied for it. But what with the cuts in front line staff we are being asked to do more jobs that are suited for the police officers which I think is wrong. Well there you go... I suspect many will disagree with me but that's how I see it.

    ET phone home +
  7. ShadowStalker
    Started by ShadowStalker,

    I'm currently a student looking to join the special constabulary while still at university, and then if I enjoy my time within the special constabulary I will probably move on to the regulars. Application is halfway filled out, and I'm improving my fitness so that it should be no bother passing the fitness test. Looking forward to getting started. Anyway, thanks for reading, I'm sure I'll be posting more around here soon enough.

    ET phone home +
  8. WelshChad
    Started by WelshChad * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name's Chad, living in Cardiff but born and bred in the nearby town of Barry. I'm 22 years old and currently preparing hard for the PCSO recruitment process when applications hopefully open later this year or sometime next year. Look forward to chatting with you all! :wink:

    ET phone home +
  9. ElsieW79
    Started by ElsieW79 * ,

    Any advice on pre learning? I start CKP next week. Havent had anything through from the college yet....Have PLDP quick notes, Blackstones about tto be ordered on kindle....advice welcome!

  10. Pegasus0
    Started by Pegasus0,

    Evening! Stumbled across this forum a few times when researching stuff and thought i would join! Starting training with the Met on 30th June. I am currently a PCSO with Thames Valley...well...im on annual leave until i start PC training because i had so much AL left! Really looking forward to starting my career! Say hi if you are also 30th June starters!

  11. ChristopherJ
    Started by ChristopherJ,

    Hello, Thought I would follow suit and post a quick introduction. My name is Chris and I have recently (June 2nd) submitted my initial application form for the role of PC. Patiently checking my e-mail daily for any reply but as of yet have had nothing. Very excited at the prospect of this new adventure that I hope to embark on! Looking forward to scanning the forum to hear everyone else's story. Thanks, Chris

  12. Stubbsy
    Started by Stubbsy,

    Evening everyone, I am from kent and currently applying for the MET I have had my day 1 and day 2 and currently waiting for my vetting results. I start my CKP on the 19th July I'd there anyone else here at the stage I am? Or just started there ckp give me a holla :-)

  13. RDX1546621277
    Started by RDX1546621277,

    Hi folks! First post here, however not my first application to join. I've made it to the initial interview stage before. Just a quickie, I've to attend Jackton this Friday (25th) for my initial fitness at 1pm (I've already passed the sets). Has anyone been up to just do fitness and if so, what did you wear? Sports gear or did you bring a change? Any info would be much appreciated! Cheers RDX

  14. PC Stamp
    Started by PC Stamp +,

    Hi, I recently attended my day 2 with the Met. Just started my CKP with Police Pass. I look forward to hopefully contributing something to this forum. Thanks!

  15. Slippery When Wet
    Started by Slippery When Wet,

    Hello forum, Slippery When Wet here. I'm a newbee, so be gentle. FTI, happy to report that I'm retired and living it up on my pension. I'm ex Met. Started at XS (Southall) then off to ID (Heathrow). Apart from that, it's all a bit mundane really. Looking forward to some lively and entertaining debate and banter, and maybe meeting up with some now old and bold mukkas. Cheers, and keep safe......SWW out.

    Slippery When Wet

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.