Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Vladimira
    Started by Vladimira,

    Hi ya everyone. Thought i'd pop on and see whats new in the world of UKpoliceonline! I see we're sporting a lovely forum! Very swish! :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 328 views
  2. Bryan_D
    Started by Bryan_D * ,

    Hi all, Brand new to the forum and hopefully be joining the Met soon. Completed my day 2 on August 7th and my CKP on August 10th but still waiting for any progress updates or a start date. Was hoping for a November intake but it seems increasingly unlikely as the days wear on. Has anyone got any idea how to get an update? I've had no replies to the emails i've sent.

  3. Haziz Rahim
    Started by Haziz Rahim * ,

    Hi every one, I had my day 1 assessment on the 30 th of July, I still did not get my results. I am already volunteering with Met Police and therefore have my vetting done ages ago and got my CTC badge. I also passed my CKP course and now after day 1 assessment I did not hear. Does that mean I have failed??? will they not take all these facts into consideration? did any one receive a pass mark after 5 weeks and getting to day 2?

  4. Scott
    Started by Scott +,

    Im Scott, from Sussex. I've got my assessment centre on the 10th at Coventry. Joined to see if anyone else will be attending the same session and recieve any tips.

  5. nearlynewcop
    Started by nearlynewcop,

    Guys in preparation for the job. if I get in that is! just putting it out there to see what serving officers suggest for good fitness training and any kind of self defence to look at doing. Done a bit many years ago and figured its as good a time as any to refresh. What is considered best or most useful which could actually help in real life situs......boxing, aikido, kickboxing, JKD, recently came across keysi and also krav maga appreciate its an unusual question but figured serving officers probably have a much better idea than most

  6. Doc1969
    Started by Doc1969 * ,

    Hello, I am a newby here so thought I'd introduce myself. I am a highway engineer by trade so know a bit about highway law - but certainly don't know everything..so I am here for some interest in certain areas and other peoples experiences.

  7. bbthewondercat
    Started by bbthewondercat,

    Hi guys, I am not sure what to say about myself or the job. Basically left college at end of 80's, and joined the most highly regarded department in my state. Worked in sevral areas, obtained law degree, and then moved into private sector into some interesting work. I then moved on working in some interesting places in the world, then did 12 years teaching law. Now starting now job in January managing a site in the South West used for making war films etc., that is an extension to a famous gun club. End of watch!

  8. Kata as
    Started by Kata as * ,

    Hi All, I have just received an email asking when I complete my CKP. I attended day 2 on the 4th August 2014 and this is the first communication I have received. I have tried to call them but can't get through. Does anybody know if this will lead to an offer? Thanks

  9. agiepaluch
    Started by agiepaluch * ,

    Hi everyone I'm one of the June intake recruit, that has a pleasure of moving and working in Inverness. I'll be starting at the beginning of October, but looking for something to rent mid September. If anyone knows anything about a reasonably priced place to rent please let me know. Will be greatly appreciated.

  10. rjm513
    Started by rjm513,

    Hello everybody, I've just joined the forum and I want to see if anybody can clear something up for me. Long story short, I had my Day 2 on the 19th June and I'm told I was cleared by vetting on the 2nd July. Ever since then I've been stuck at 'manager review', so I've sent a few e-mails to various addresses. I got a reply today to a message I sent a month and 3 days ago (!) saying that they're in the process of getting their November intake ready and the 'application will be processed for November'. They go on to say that they'lll be in contact within the next few weeks. My questions: Has anybody else had something similar to this at any point? Do I take this as I've…

  11. googoogaagaa
    Started by googoogaagaa,

    Hi guys, I m a newbie here. Got my day 1 in a few days, nerves nerves :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:. is anyone else got their day 1 soon. ? How r u guys calming your nerves? More nervous about role plays. think will be ok tho.

  12. sinhasiha
    Started by sinhasiha * ,

    Greetings and salutations to the good people of the Forum! I've been enjoying all of the discussions provided by the knowledgeable members of this forum for quite a while now, but never thought about joining in ... until now! I'm looking forward to getting your opinions with you all.

  13. PostwarGnu9
    Started by PostwarGnu9,

    Hi all, previously applied to strathclyde and got to SET (failed first go) . Now planning to re apply and have been building fitness as well as practicing SET. Look forward to learning what i can on the forum.

  14. tony_myatt
    Started by tony_myatt * ,

    Evening guys and girls, I've come across this site after doing a little research on my telephone interview that I have coming up soon. Nervous is an understatement, I've had my current job in engineering since I left school 19yrs ago and have no interview experience since then. Does anyone have any idea what is involved within the telephone interview and any tips to help me prepare. Thanks in advance, Tony

  15. ZBS

    Hi, I an ex cop and recently applied to the MDP. I have passed the paper sift and will be attending MDP HQ in Essex. I have heard the accommodation at Essex HQ is of a very poor standard and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this? As I see it if I pass the two day assessment I will be undertaking my training of 15 weeks at the Essex HQ and to spend this amount of time in substandard living conditions does not look good. Also the HQ seems to be in the middle of nowhere therefore escaping the base at weekends or evenings will be restricted. Lastly, is there anyone out there who also passed the paper sift and waiting to do the two day assessment? I live in…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.