Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. stevenspdo
    Started by stevenspdo * ,

    Before I start I apologise if this is a bit rambling. I recently passed the NIE exam, how I did this i am not entirely sure. Anyway, to give you an idea as to why I am posting this, I for the last few years wanted firearms and did all the reading for that dept. Due to a medical condition I had no knock that ambition on the head and think of another avenue. With the exam pass i am now going to have to complile an apoplication form and a potential board. At this stage can anybody give me an assistance with regards to hints, tips, rading materials, whhat to look at, what they're going to be looking at in an application form and on a board. Any help will and would be gra…

  2. ste_wilko
    Started by ste_wilko * ,

    Hi there, My name is Stephen. I'm here because I'm currently studying for a Bsc in Policing and Criminal Investigation at Staffordshire University. I'm looking forward to being able to 'chew the fat' with you all

  3. CHRISRUDD
    Started by CHRISRUDD,

    Hi everyone, I'm new so i'm unsure how to post in correct area. I am applying for the regulars with Police Scotland. I have passed my initial interview and have been invited to take part in a assessment day with a short interview. Can anyone enlighten me with what to expect as this is a new force and everyone I have spoke to previously just had a final interview. Thanks guys. Appreciate any feedback.

  4. Nathan92
    Started by Nathan92 * ,

    Hi everyone, I have successfully passed me initial interview for Police Scotland and have my date in for my final assessment centre day which will consist of the final interview and practical assessments. I was wondering if any on here has recently went through this stage for Police Scotland as I know previously that the final part was only and interview. If so would you be able to give me advice on the practical assessments and also the interview i.e. is the final interview much different from the initial, what kind of tasks are you asked to do in the practical tests, advice for the day, information I must know on the day. Any advice would be great. Thanks, Nathan

  5. stu.mcallister.3
    Started by stu.mcallister.3,

    Hi all, I'm a retired dog handler from Strathclyde, GP & TFU, PD & OST instructor. I have been a volunteer for Care Of Police Survivors (COPS) since before it even became a reg. charity. I'm also co-founder and Trustee of the Scottish Police Memorial @ Tulliallan. Give me a shout if I can be of any assistance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    stu.mcallister.3
  6. blakey1831
    Started by blakey1831 * ,

    Hi all, I am foremost Keith's son and secondly a serving sergeant with durham constabulary. I felt it necessary to post on here in an attempt to catch the attention of the entire police family. I wanted to say thanks for the overwhelming messages of support my family have received. This time is particularly tough sitting through the trial at the old bailey, but then it's been hard since 1985. It's important to us for people to know that PC Blakelock was more than a cop. He was a dad, husband and son. I could go on for hours but hey just thanks.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    stu.mcallister.3
  7. garychap
    Started by garychap,

    Hi, I'm Gary and I am a high functioning autistic. Not having a great time understanding the police where I live. I've had a few bad experiences now and I am starting to mistrust them which I don't like. Actually, I am becoming terrified of them. I guess I'm here to interract with the police in a safe place and try to regain some trust and an understanding of why they behave in certain ways when engaging with me. I have found that learning more about the laws they cite is not the best way to ease encounters. Unfortunately, due to my condition I walk with my head down, avoid eye contact, wear a hood, and now can only leave the house between 3am and 5am (provided its…

    operationfirestorm
  8. whitnaj
    Started by whitnaj,

    Hi Everyone, I am in the application process for Norfolk Constabulary, I applied early December, passed the paper sift late Dec, and passed the Assessment Centre Mid-Feb. Now waiting for Fitness date!

  9. muzzy17

    Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself in here. I'm a former PCSO who worked at Lincolnshire Police for approximately 5 years, in October 2013 it was revealed that the force had made a huge error in their pay to police staff dating back from 2003 - most of the staff that were affected were PCSO's. At the time I discovered I may have had a monthly shortfall in my pay packet, I discovered that Lincolnshire Police's Deputy Chief Constable Keith Smy had released the following press release through the BBC: www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-24385150 The DCC commented that "It is only correct, both morally and legally that any errors are corrected" What the Deputy C…

  10. Mackem73
    Started by Mackem73,

    I joined the forum last year and posted a 'Hello' thread then, but 'Hello' again. A lot has happened since. Left the RAF, one failed assessment center in Feb then a successful one this month ! So i'm on the presentation and interview stage now, just waiting for the paperwork to hit me. Happy days ahead....I hope !

  11. ACAB
    Started by ACAB * ,

    Hello everyone. Firstly, I would like to start off by saying that before registering, I did not give my display name enough thought and I am going to change it as soon as I have enough posts to do so (unless any administrators are feeling generous enough to change it for me? Lol) I apologise for the name I chose. My name is James and I believe I am an IC1 male (see what I did there?) I joined this forum with the hope of finding out general information because I have theses random interests sometimes! I don't know enough about the police and was hoping to learn a little more about anything police related really. I would have added my interests and hobbies to this post but…

  12. LifeinUniform
    Started by LifeinUniform * ,

    Hello everyone, I am new to this Police Forum, as you can tell this is my first thread, like many before me, I have had an Interest in joining the Emergency services and making a difference for many years, but I would like to make my dream a reality, I have passed many courses at college to do with the public services, these courses made me who I am today, and I do not regret doing them, even though I have yet to join one of them, and make my dream career for my self come true, I just hope that by joining this forum I can hopefully get some inside tips, knowledge and advice from those currently doing the job, to help me achieve my future goals, to help me make a differenc…

    LifeinUniform *
  13. xyfilado1987
    Started by xyfilado1987 * ,

    I am new to the forum. I am a practising mental health nurse aged 51 and attending CKP for the first time. Please advise; am I wasting my time? At 51, can I ever become a police officer?

  14. stitch_83
    Started by stitch_83,

    Hi folks, Stuart here, I've applied for Police Scotland, passed the application form, SETs, fitness test and initial interview. Team assessment and Senior interview is pencilled for 6th March. My primary reason for signing up to this site is to look for assistance in the team exercise and Senior officer Interview. So I am off to trawl... Thanks Stuart

  15. MDP1546621269
    Started by MDP1546621269 * ,

    Hi everyone. I Joined the MOD Police in 1996, and I'm currently awaiting a job move to Easington, Hull as part of the armed presence to the gas terminal. Spent 9 yrs on dogs, and now currently undertaking additional firearms and tactics training at Hereford before taking up my next appointment. Looking forward to the banter and sharing policing experiences. Regards MDP

    MDP1546621269 *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.