Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Adam14
    Started by Adam14,

    Just in the process of writing my application for Police Scotland, though I would join the fourm so I can get a few tips and advice of the process. Joining is something I have thought about doing for a really long time. Cheers Adam

  2. Mattie216
    Started by Mattie216 * ,

    Good Evening everyone. Im a currently serving PCSO with BTP and have been for over 5 years now. Took my PC assessment back in January but I fluffed my interview. Really enjoy the job and know this is what will be my career.

  3. cori1546621289
    Started by cori1546621289 * ,

    hi guys, Will be getting to posted to Peterhead in October and struggling to find somewhere to live in the area, anyone got any spare rooms or know of any flats or small properties that are available for rent. thanks cori

  4. copuk
    Started by copuk * ,

    Ello Ello follow members! Be a friendly bunch and make me feel welcome :-)

  5. nearlynewcop
    Started by nearlynewcop,

    Hi All I am completely new to this forum so not sure if this is the right place to put this. I've recently applied to join the Met and wanted to find out how the shift patterns work is it different for each borough? does it tend to be standard once set for a few years or does it change more frequently? what are the better patterns by general consensus? I am based around West London so I guess Hillingdon might be a possible posting area but I dont really have much idea about this right now as its early days any guidance would be welcomed and appreciated thanks

  6. wooders87
    Started by wooders87 * ,

    Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what the shift patterns are when your in post? I have received an offer of employment last month and passed my medical last week. i'm just waiting for the next update but was curious what shifts ill be working?

  7. wooders87
    Started by wooders87 * ,

    Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what the shift patterns are when your in post? I have received an offer of employment last month and passed my medical last week. i'm just waiting for the next update but was curious what shifts ill be working?

  8. MCUK
    Started by MCUK * ,

    Hi All I am completely new to the forum and looking for some advice and guidance. I am currently serving in the HO Force and I am looking at transferring to MDP. Please can I get a realistic insight from current serving MDP officers of the job, I.E morale, work conditions, culture, line managers attitude, overtime, ect.... All advice and guidance welcomed. Apologies I appreciate the topic is a bit wide but I am trying to as much info as I can especially from fellow colleagues who are already doing the job. Many thanks.

  9. dynamic-entry-101
    Started by dynamic-entry-101,

    Hello, I am new to this board and like to introduce myself. I am member of the German Military Police, stationed at the City of Hamburg, northern Germany. I hope my english is well enough so that everybody can follow me. Like to get in touch with other LEOs from all over the world Regards from Germany !

  10. SeaShells
    Started by SeaShells,

    Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a while and decided it was about time I joined :) Currently waiting for my Day 2 assessment which is next week for the London Met, so a bit nervous but also excited. 2 things: 1. I received an email to say I passed my Day 1, but as of yet haven't had any scores. Any idea how long they take? 2. I haven't done my CKP yet as was waiting to pass my Day 1, but now unsure how to do it. My local college does it but says the course will last from September through to December, would an online course be better? Thanks, Chelsea.

    trickyd1991 +
  11. Rud3thund3r
    Started by Rud3thund3r,

    Hi I'm a newbie..been following this forum a while and thought its time to introduce myself.I had my Day 2 on the 5th of july and at that excrutiating waiting phase where most of you have been, biting my nails. Hope all goes well.

  12. chrisr044
    Started by chrisr044,

    Newbie here, got my day 1 this week. Haven't started my CKP yet. Excited to start this journey. Hope everybody is well & enjoying this ferocious heat. Not.

  13. aaron841546621286
    Started by aaron841546621286 * ,

    Hi guys,my name is Aaron, as you probably guessed. I decided to join the forum to speak to others in a similar position to me, and to be part of a forum a little bit different from others. Geez! it reads a bit like a CV Anyway, I just received confirmation that I'll be posted to JI - Redbridge Borough, I've been told my attestation date (28th of July) except i've not been told what time to turn up or exactly where to turn up to. I don't exactly know where all the metropolitan police training centres are anyway. Erm, forgive me but am i missing something obvious here? Forgive me if this is a foolish question because it really does feel foolish to me. would love your opi…

  14. Sameer
    Started by Sameer * ,

    Hi there, my name is Sameer, I'm due to start with the Met Police on the 28th of July! I'm moving down, from outside London. Struggling to find suitable accommodation at the moment. I've been given my posting in Kensington & Chelsea borough. But I'm still waiting on my RLC training location. How is everybody today?

  15. Swede13041546621266
    Started by Swede13041546621266,

    Hi Currently an special Seargent with SYP waiting for final force interview with SYP as a PC been a regular on Police Special Forum. Must say thank you for all the usefull post on here relating to the regualr application process. Kind Regards Me

    Swede13041546621266

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.