Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Emma2807
    Started by Emma2807 * ,

    Hey all, I'm a Glasgow gal who has been working for Starbucks for nearly a decade before deciding that my calling in life was DEFINITELY elsewhere. I've been looking and researching for a year or more to decide if this was going to be the career for me and have put just about everything I have into the application form. The forum looks like a great place to discuss all aspects of the process and get some support and encouragement which I could definitely use. Here's hoping it's the start of something amazing for us all!

  2. Cate1546082765
    Started by Cate1546082765,

    Hi, I've joined this forum today and thought I'd introduce myself, I've just started the recruitment process for student officers with Sussex Police, it's a very exciting time. I would love to hear from anyone else also applying or already policing in the area. :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 239 views
    Cate1546082765
  3. V0440James
    Started by V0440James * ,

    Hello, My names Ryan James, I am a police cadet from Northamptonshire Police, I am based in Wellingborough and on my third week of training, Hope to become a regular once I finish cadets.

  4. shane.turner.330
    Started by shane.turner.330 * ,

    Hello everyone I'm new to the forum so would like to introduce myself. I currently serving in HM Armed Forces and I'm looking at leaving to pursue a career with the police. I've been looking at the MoD police as I think this might suit my military back ground, but Im also interested in Thames Valley police. Apart from the information which is on the website can anyone give me a little more information on the actually job role, powers etc? Do the MoD police differ much from the home office police or are they the same with just jurisdiction separating them? Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks

    shane.turner.330 *
  5. Ronin
    Started by Ronin,

    Hi All, Just thought I'd introduce myself. I have been scanning the forums for a couple of months and thought it's about time I said hello. I am currently in the final stages of recruitment. Passed day 1 and 2 and am currently finishing off my CKP and waiting (very patiently) for my vetting to clear. Been given a prospective start date of 30th June. I've been wanting this career for a long time but never quite had the timing to get an application in as it always seemed like there was no recruitment drive. (more fool me!) Anyhow, I hope to make it through to Hendon or wherever training is likely to happen and then start what I hope to be a very rewarding and fulfi…

  6. Golf_Mad_Pete
    Started by Golf_Mad_Pete,

    Hi, I've just joined this forum and I thought it would be correct manners and protocol to post a quick introduction before I go wading in on the forums! I'm a current serving Corporal in the Royal Air Force in the Personnel Support trade and will be leaving next spring after 22 years on my Regular Service Expiry at the age of 40. I'm looking at joining my local constabulary as a Police Officer though I am open to joining as a PCSO instead. Been interested in the police for a few years now but didn't want to jump as I didn't want to jeopardise my pension. I've missed the boat this time round on joining as the recruitment window has closed for now but I'm keeping my eyes …

  7. Funky Cop
    Started by Funky Cop * ,

    My name is Funky Cop (its an old comic from the 1990's, talking about 2 cops who love disco music.) I found this forum while I was looking for a complete informational page relating to the Metropolitain Police Core Competencies. I am a French gent who moved to the UK in order to live with my long term girlfriend, and so far I must say that I love this country. Its very different from France, all in a positive way. When I was in France, I was working for what we call "Police Municipale," its exactly the same as a PCSO, I have done this for 2 years and a half before I decided to move here for my g/f. Before that I was a security guard in the head office of a bank in Pari…

  8. amurray92
    Started by amurray92 * ,

    I passed my entrance tests recently and have my first interview coming up soon. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for it, and the sort of questions they were asked. Thanks in advance.

  9. officer7161
    Started by officer7161,

    Hi guys, I am a proud student police constable for the Metropolitan police service. Starting my training soon and here to say hello! I am quite mature normally but have I am a kid inside sometimes, so please excuse me sometimes. post 1/10 hehehe

  10. SecMiddlesexIPA
    Started by SecMiddlesexIPA,

    Just a quick hello from a new member. Am a serving officer and Secretary of the Middlesex Branch of the International Police Association. Looking forward to healthy discussion / friendship.

    SecMiddlesexIPA
  11. Ungern
    Started by Ungern,

    Hello, I'm Ungern, I'm coming from Belgium, I'm here to learn englisch ...because my englisch is very poor . I'm interested in balistic,explosive,ADN,and in legal medecine .

  12. muz165
    Started by muz165,

    Good Evening, My family home is in Kilburn (NW London) and that's pretty much where I grew up. I went to a few pretty rubbish local schools and managed to get decent enough grades for a shot at Sandhurst. 6.5yrs later i'm still in and growing increasingly bored as a serving officer with the RSIGNALS. Without talking badly of my current job it just isn't for me and i'm looking for something a little more hands on. I have recently applied for a police constable position within the Met and have taken the first 4 online tests and am just waiting out for further instruction. I'm still serving and yet to sign off and i'm reluctant to do so without a new job lined up but I d…

  13. lisad
    Started by lisad,

    Afternoon everyone. Just a friendly hello from myself. Ive recently applied to join the MPS after thinking about it for years its now or never and I will kick myself if I dont even try. Has anyone else changed career to join? How have you found it? Also is there anywhere that could give me some more info about training (should my application be successful). I mean things like duration what to expect, when and where etc.

  14. tony1990
    Started by tony1990 * ,

    Hey everyone, My name is Tony and I'm from sunny Essex. I currently work in the security industry (retail) ,have done for the past 3 years . in that time I have worked at Stansted airport ,court services , retail, events, door supervision, empty office buildings. I have always wanted to become a police officer. I have been pointed towards the specials by some of the officers that I meet in my day-to-day job. After a bit of research into the job I think it is for me. I understand that I will have to give up my current employment to do this (I'm prepared to do so). However There are a few things that is making me stop and think. If its okay could someone please help m…

  15. Non-Cop
    Started by Non-Cop,

    Hi all, New to the forum. Joined to hopefully receive information for my Daughter who wants to be a CSI. I look forward to asking away, and hopefully receiving friendly, helpful help. Regards, CSI.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.