Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. WWdogsbody
    Started by WWdogsbody * ,

    Evening! Currently applying for the Met and half way through the CKP course. I found this place whilst searching for memorable mnemonics and thought I'd join as it looks like a good site. I promise to take loads of information from here and give absolutely bugger all back in return... :whistle2: :biggrin: Carry on the good work, Mark

  2. anthony1546621268
    Started by anthony1546621268,

    Hi Everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, I start on the Feb 2014 course at Hendon and will be posted to Harrow. Look forward to speaking to anyone that is on my course and will be posted to Harrow! Thanks, Ant

  3. Kathy-Remploy
    Started by Kathy-Remploy * ,

    Remploy were formed in 1946 to help place disabled ex-servicemen into work post WW2. We come under the Department for Work and Pensions but are a non-government department. We carry out a number of government programmes to help those facing barriers to work find sustainable employment but also have a range of commercial services that help transform lives and businesses (and saves them money). We have 60 Branches/Offices and a large number of field teams and delivery specialists providing a service across the country. Over the past 4 years we have placed over 45,000 disabled individuals into work and today we create/find 50 jobs a day for those facing barriers to work. …

    Kathy-Remploy *
  4. badger42
    Started by badger42,

    As the heading suggested I'm taking the opportunity to get involved in the forums. I've used the info on these forums throughout my application to Police Scotland but never actually been actively involved in the community. I am happy to say it helped as I am currently nearing my start date of the 10th of February. Thank you to anyone who has helped me get to this stage and I hope that I can be just as useful in the future to someone who was in my position way back at the begining

  5. Zonda1325
    Started by Zonda1325,

    I am currently going to made redundant in 6 months time from my place of work after 13 years service in the financial sector. At age 32 I am concerned police scotland will be looking for younger individuals. One question I have is how long does it take from start to finish to be appointed to a job. I do understand that you have to be successful at every stage. Kind regards.

  6. pspdavie
    Started by pspdavie * ,

    Attitudes towards Male Rape Ethics Code: IPHS-1314-LB-206-Male Rape Hi, My name is Phil Davies and I am a final year undergraduate psychology student at the University of Liverpool. I am currently preparing to undertake a research project into attitudes towards male rape. I would like to recruit serving Police Officers to take part in this piece of research. The research would take approximately twenty minutes to complete and would involve completing a Male Rape Myth questionnaire, consisting of 22 questions, which will assess how much you disagree or agree with the statements. In addition, you will be asked to read a fictitious vignette depicting male rape, befo…

  7. lawly
    Started by lawly +,

    Hello all, I'm a near 10 year PC from a busy metropolitan force. Worked in a variety of roles, both uniformed and non, OSPRE qualified, and looking at transferring to Cumbria. Signed up as I'm here for advice on the transfer process, what to expect from a very different policing environment, how they've been effected by implementation of cuts etc? Anyone able to point me in the right direction, or able to offer help, please let me know. James

  8. WoodwayUK

    Hello! My name is Leon. I work in the Marketing department for Woodway Engineering and just thought I would reach out and say hello! We supply a the UK Police force (and have done for over 30 years) with emergency warning equipment (Lightbars, Beacons etc) and take a lot of pride in making sure it does the job it is intended to do (make sure you are both seen and heard) If you have any questions about our equipment, suggestions on how it can be improved or things you would like to see added in the future then please get in touch with me. I will be more than happy to try and help you with any questions you may have. You can also visit our website: www.woo…

  9. SYLiam
    Started by SYLiam * ,

    Good Afternoon everyone, Thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm 25 years old and living in South Yorkshire. I studied Law at university and completed a Master's degree back in 2011. I didn't particularly go to university with any end game in kind, but soon realised that I didn't want an ordinary 9-5 day job. I became interested in joining the Police and decided to apply for a role as a Special with my local constabulary. After 2 years service, and with plenty of experiences under my belt, I applied to join the job as a PC. I passed all the exams and checks and I am due to start the IPLDP in March 2014. Thanks

  10. Peter Holland1546620781
    Started by Peter Holland1546620781,

    i'm known to police but been a good boy for 26 years :tongue:

    Peter Holland1546620781
  11. Sgt Bilko
    Started by Sgt Bilko,

    I used to have another profile on here, but i couldn't remember the name and the email address is now closed so i started afresh. I've been wondering why there isn't an "Immigration" section in Other Organisations which could be for questions to/from Border Force (airports and customs) and Enforcement (arrest) teams.

  12. laura907
    Started by laura907 * ,

    Hi all, I would like to apologise in advance because I am not on here to join. My husband is coming towards the end of his training for PC and he has the how2become police books and discs for helping you pass all the recruitment stages http://www.how2become.com/police-officer/?gclid=CKTcy9bj6rsCFaXItAodjV8A3g . (It is the platinum pack/ option 4) I know this isn't the selling page but it wouldn't allow me to post. If anybody is interested he is selling it £50 + p&p as it cost him just over £100 when he bought it. If anybody is interested please email me laurabakerjones@yahoo.co.uk and I will send you pics. It is all in excellent condition. Once again I'm sorry I'm p…

  13. Daniel_G
    Started by Daniel_G * ,

    Hi all, My names Dan, i'm 21 and living just outside Newcastle Upon Tyne working in IT. I thought i'd post a little bit about me, and my ambitions ! I've been looking for opportunities for a while now, regarding trainee opportunities - anything to get a foot in the door on the way to becoming a police officer, but I just cannot seem to find any sort of break. Would anyone reading this, be able to point me in the direction of any useful literature that could inform me the best way to get a foot in the door? Do I need to go to University, or are there trainee schemes someone like myself could get involved in as a starter to joining a force? I'm very willing to move ab…

  14. Buddy!
    Started by Buddy!,

    Hey all! I've been away for a good while from this forum! I'm a current serving British Soldier looking to pursue a career in the Police. When I was younger, I made the particularly poor choice of moving my car whilst over the limit - as I'm sure you're all aware that made me ineligible for 10 years. However, I'm on the home run now with not too long to go, having gained a wealth of life and work experience along the way. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot in a couple of years time. Looking forward to reading and contributing to the forum once again! Happy 2014 and best wishes to all, -Buddy!

    • 2 replies
    • 400 views
  15. Abskie
    Started by Abskie,

    I joined in 2008 and was a pcso back then, i am now a pc in islington (met) Hope you all had good crimbo :)))

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.