Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Reasonable Man
    Started by Reasonable Man +,

    Hi everyone. I have been posting on the 'rival' forum (Police Oracle now Police.UK) site for a few years now. I am not a troll but do tend to look at things from all perspectives and so have been accused of trying to wind up those with the established viewpoint. The active membership on that site has dwindled over the last few months so I am hoping for some stimulating debate with some new folks on here. As for me, I did 30 years in The Job, got kicked out under A19, as an Inspector, didn't want to go and would have carried on for another 5 years at least. I worked mainly in Intelligence and Major Crime with time in Control Room and Custody along the way. Was very fo…

  2. Sean19901546621265
    Started by Sean19901546621265 * ,

    Hello everyone, So its the big day tomorrow! I will be attending an interview to become a Special Constable. The paper work is ready, the suit is out and shoes are polished. The only thing currently plaguing my mind is 'are my competency answers good enough?', only time will tell! Although the competency questions are given in advance, I'm feeling quite apprehensive as to what else might be asked, something that could possibly catch me off guard. Anyway, fingers crossed. I hope to be around here for a while, having this job would be brilliant. Thanks Sean

  3. raduczoid
    Started by raduczoid * ,

    Becoming a police officer was a dream of mine since I can remember. Hope to get some useful advice here and a little bit of moral support;)

  4. KeenAsMustard1546621264
    Started by KeenAsMustard1546621264,

    I am as keen as mustard to sort out one or two problems with my local police. Look forward to my posts to resolve a couple of issues.

  5. Captain Murphy
    Started by Captain Murphy,

    Hi, PC from BTP here... not sure what else to say really, but I like my job and I like computers so here I am! Cheers, Captain Murphy

  6. Bazinga
    Started by Bazinga,

    Hi Everyone, Im new to the forum with just a few posts, thought id say hi! Im currently a special for Lancashire constabulary and hope to one day join the regs! Ill be scouring the recruitment pages in the hope for some nearby vacancies! Hopefully theres some people out there in the same position? Gafs

  7. Tony72
    Started by Tony72,

    Good evening, I have no contact with the police force and, living in France, find it very hard to obtain information on English law, so I'm hoping for a few answers and maybe a little bit of advice. If I may, I'll tell you all about it in a new thead which I hope will not be too confused. Tony.

  8. FanMei
    Started by FanMei,

    Hi all, I am part of a team dedicated to making the government legislations more accessible to the general public and the police for free. We have started with the Traffic Signs and markings legislation and we will keep you up to date to ensure the our apps also meet the needs of the police on their day jobs on the road :)

  9. bavz01
    Started by bavz01 * ,

    Hi everyone ive joined this forum today to get some information on joining the police force, its been a life long dream of mine and today is the day i want to kick it in to action....

  10. Chamone
    Started by Chamone,

    Left the Police about a year and a half ago. I never thought I would say this but I miss my colleagues even though I still see them a few times every year and I miss the job!

  11. Gadgets1546621234
    Started by Gadgets1546621234,

    Hi folks, thought I had better introduce myself. I'm 35 years old and I'm waiting in one of the legacy pools in Scotland for a joining date. I have come to learn the mailing of patience, those in Scotland will know what I mean lol. Anyway hope to get to know a few of you and good luck to those still going through the application and assessment process.

  12. Lisa3146

    Good evening all, I currently work for Notts Police as a DC on the Child Abuse Investigation Unit. I am looking (hoping) to transfer down to Devon and Cornwall as soon as the opportunity arises.. I have family down there and would love to join them one day.. if anyone hears anything if they could give me a heads up that'd be much appreciated :) cheers all Lisa

  13. marquis
    Started by marquis,

    Hi just received a date for my day 1, to join the Met. I have a month to prepare so have to gem up for it. I'm really excited about the prospect of becoming a uniformed officer and looking further down the road at developing a career. I'm full of questions atm.

  14. tinamc8
    Started by tinamc8,

    I read that in the voice of dr. Nick from the simpsons Im applying to police Scotland and waiting to hear if ive got through papersift. If there's anyone in the East Kilbride/ southside Glasgow area who would like to train or travel together I have a car :)

    operationfirestorm
  15. BaldBaBoon
    Started by BaldBaBoon,

    Hello. Only just joined the forums tonight after a few days lurking, and will be looking for some information and knowledge later on. I am from the outside world, ex-military ( Royal Engineer for 15 years ) have worked in the middle east as a contractor for a while and have now been working in the UK as a heavy crane operator ( the crane is heavy, not me ) for the MOD. I am a bit of an old git at 40 years old, a passionate motorcyclist....having taken a couple of years off and wandered around the world aimlessly on my motorbike after leaving the forces. I am know doing the rather " interesting " process of studying for the CKP through the e-learning route wit…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.