The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
-
-
I’ve had an email from a friend where I used to live, Wantage in Oxfordshire. Every year for generations there has been a Palm Sunday parade from the village Church at Charlton Heights , a mile or so to the Parish Church, St Peter & Paul’s in the centre of the town.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> It’s a bit of a walk, but a fun, family occasion. When I lived there, someone had a donkey which we would follow down into town. There were usually a lot of us in the parade, and the children loved it. Well now it seems that the political do-gooders think that such overt displays of religious faith might …
-
Police speak has lots of abreviations, list ones you can think of either in or out of work and their meanings, but they must just have three letters when abbreviated. T.L.A. - Three Letter Abbreviation
-
- 117 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Two thirds of hospital staff say that they would not like to be treated in their own hospitals. That gives one a load of confidence if you were going into hospital for an operation. Many people are still dying from MRSA after all the crap the government came out with about tackling the disease.
-
My youngest daughter, Atia Popillia, asked me to show you this song about a snotbag hoodie. Check it out: http://www.muvids.com/lily_allen_videos/alfie.html Brutus
-
Thought as I am new (been reading for a long time - just started posting) - if this comes across as a bit 'neck' I aplogise. Where the hell has a personal sense of respnsibility gone? - If I go out and drink too much and get out of hand, and I am dealt with - its my damn fault. NO ONE ELSES not the Officer who arrests me, or any one else. Its of my making, I have to live with it. If I get a bit 'out of hand' and i get 'adjusted' - so much for the good. I'll think about it before i do it again, I learnt a 'lesson'. Seems to me the way things are going, there is no way of that happening. As i grew up - if I did wrong there were immediate results, usually a 'thick ear'…
-
Does anyone here use the CanoScan toolbox for Canon scanners? I have had it for 6 months and I just can't work out how you're supposed to use the thing. When I try to save images in my "MY PICTURES" folder, all I get is a message saying, "Unable to scan. Make sure that there is enough space on the target disk". My computer has a 250GB hard drive, of which 233GB is unused!!! What the heck is it on about? Does anyone know? Brutus Brutus2007-03-29 20:13:27
-
- 7 replies
- 602 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi to all, Been a bit of a long time lurker, read this for along time, and as ex Met, I just miss the humour and the good discussions you guys (and girls) have. With that said, I may not make many comments, or I may make a lot; but I intend to participate more than just reading the great stuff you ALL put into this. Many thanks for all your posts to date Ibrow
-
Greetings from Germany. I am ex Merseyside police (1979-1981 (Bruche "S" class 4(?)/79)) before joining the Military police. After a lot of "around the houses", I have ended up in Berlin, and on the reserve of the Bundesmarine (German navy) police, as collator. Allthough a comparitavely short time serving myself, both my Father and a couple of Uncles were also serving, from Birkenhead bourough police, to Cheshire, Dundee and Merseyside. You could say it is genetic. I can not believe how much the job has changed (from reading this and other sites) since I was in. I really don't think I would join again, if I was just starting out. Not because of collegues, but becau…
-
- 4 replies
- 695 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Well guys.... House sold..... check. Notice handed in.... check. Resignation handed to GMP.... check. Process of buying new business in Canada started.... check. Process of renting house in Canada started.... check. Started selling my stuff.... check. My provisional date for skipping over the pond is the 24th of May!!!! Its fair to say I am sh***ing myself, but at the same time, I cannot wait! I will start a thread detailing my progress nearer the time, and post some piccies of where I end up. And of course, advertise the Pub/Guest House/Marina I am hoping to buy
-
- 26 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, is planning to spend £12, 000,000 of tax payers' money on a satellite, which is to be launched by rocket from French Guyana in 2011. Part of the satellite's function will be to handle mobile/cellular phone traffic, doing away with the need for masts. The firm behind the scheme, Immarsat, applied for funding from the London Development Agency (headed by the Mayor of London), after failing to get any subsidy from the Department of Trade & Industry & a number of other agencies. The mayor's opponents have alleged that the satellite will have the capability of monitoring vehicle movements by receiving signals from tran…
-
Hello there. I'm ex-Met (1979-96), got medically retired from an injury on duty, now - horror of horrors! - a freelance legal rep. Heard about this site from people who post here and on criminalsolicitor.net, so thought I'd dip my toe and see how nasty you'd be to me
-
After tomorrow, I won't be coming here for a day or two. Got to go into hospital - I am anaemic through discharging blood and my iron levels are a bit low. They can't tell me whether I'll be staying in or coming home, but the last time I was in I had an op and I discharged myself within an hour of leaving theater (much to the horror of my surgeon. He told me I would have to be in a minimum of 4-days!). The nursing staff were obnoxious to me the last time, and I gave them their pedigree in no uncertain terms before leaving, plus I wrote eight letters of complaint. I never touch hospital food or drink in any form - disgusting inedible filth - all my food gets brought…
-
Apparently we should be apologising for our part in the slave trade. Is this fair, or do we deserve any credit for abolishing it 200 years ago, almost 60 years before our cousins in the US? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6492291.stm
-
- 26 replies
- 2.2k views
- 3 followers
-