Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Fireman
    Started by Fireman * ,

    Hi all. I'm a fireman and a part-time law degree student. A colleague of mine has come to me with a problem. He's currently being investigated for allegedly undertaking secondary employment without prior permission. One of the things that immediately sprang to mind is a very small piece i read in the press earlier this year (or perhaps very late last year?) I knew at the time I shoul dhave paid it more attention!!! I think the case had been taken all the way to Europe (ECtHR or ECJ - I'm not sure), but the press reported it as saying it opened the doors to Police officers undertaking second jobs as emplyers could not dictate what officers did in their private time. Can …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Radders
    Started by Radders,

    Here she is chaps - Goldtop in all her glory. What was that about her having a split personality. You were right - as the picture shows. Here is part 1. Radders38839.6860532407

  3. Backlash
    Started by Backlash,

    A tip for you..if you decide to fit a new handle to your WC cistern, do not use a hammer for 'force in' the parts. If you buy them to big they will not fit, and cistern will smash *cough* Backlash2007-09-04 09:15:43

    • 54 replies
    • 3.9k views
  4. ex-job-ex-pat
    Started by ex-job-ex-pat,

    Thread started to discuss the psychological answers given as excuses for crime. (Discussion started in missing child thread) Valid or otherwise. Who's first?

  5. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    I see that grubby little solicitor, (solicitor to law breaking celebs)Nick Freeman has been at it again. He managed to get a motorist off on a technicality regarding notifying the police who the driver of a vehicle was, via Alfa Romeo. The vehicle was doing 82mph in a 50 mph limit. Freeman has now overtaken Hazel Blears at the top of my 'dispise' list.

    • 2 replies
    • 497 views
  6. Brutus
    Started by Brutus,

    I have just heard that a very dear cousin of mine, just a week older than myself, has died from brain trauma following an accident while riding her horse. We were very close as children; people often assumed she was my sister - her mum, my auntie, even used to make clothes for me! I haven't seen her in the flesh since my mid teens but we always exchanged a short letter with cards at Christmas and birthdays, but her husband has phoned to tell me. He said she went out riding yesterday morning and a farmer saw her fall near a hedge and when he got to her she was unconscious and she was bleeding from her mouth and nose and there was a brown oily stuff coming out of her…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    I was in Vauxhall (south-west London) bus station recently when I saw a bus with these words on its side: Mayor of London Powered By Clean Electric Technology. Does this mean that Red Ken's an android? If so, who's working him? Graham2007-09-07 15:06:11

    • 5 replies
    • 485 views
    Graham1545925480
  8. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6981032.stm Very, very sad news. He'll be sorely missed.

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Police Oracle have asked staff at Uniform Finance to write a series of 'uniform' related financial articles. In the first article, Adam Broughton MD of Uniform Finance (the son of ex-police federation chairman Fred Broughton) talks about the perils of credit card debt. Uniform Finance Advice Police Oracle2007-09-07 15:34:23

    • 0 replies
    • 357 views
  10. Spandex Man
    Started by Spandex Man,

    Probably been done before but, GNDs thread got me thinking about music from the 90's and the first record (cassette) I bought - Ace of Base - The Sign. Not the best song in my collection. What about everyone else's, come on, show your age!

    • 33 replies
    • 2k views
  11. Brutus
    Started by Brutus,

    Having established my credentials as an ultra rational person in the thread I started called "The God Delusion", I'd like to throw another idea into the ring and that is that there are things in this world that we can't explain - at least, not yet - things which we experience but others would find hard to believe if we related them. I've had a couple of these and I can't explain them, and I don't intend to try because it would be pure speculation. The first one was when I was a young bobby on the beat and I got a message to attend the local YMCA and speak to a chap about a bounced cheque they had received for some rental for a room that the Association owned and leased …

    • 24 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. earthman
    Started by earthman,

    I have just started a new job at a Youth Offending Team office(YOTS). The idea is that you have Social Services, Probation, Police, and Education all working towards dealing with youths who keep offending, and trying to address their behaviour . Like most of you when I was on shift all I cared about was locking them up, I did not realise the work that went into trying to stop youngsters reoffending. Basically what happens if a youth goes to prison and is released, or is convicted of an offence but not sent to prison there are various orders that instruct them to go to YOTS so they can receive instructions about not reoffending, but I bet most of the Operational offic…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    MINISTER OF REALLY SILLY IDEAS Minister For Really Silly Ideas (News room, Newsnight style, the interviewer is sat opposite an MP about to begin the interview) INTERVIEWER: Hello and welcome to NewsEvening, with me Michael Jones. Today I am joined by the Minister for Really Silly Ideas, Mr Matthew Smith. Welcome. MR SMITH: Thank you. INTERVIEWER: I suppose my first question has to be, what is the Ministry for Really Silly Ideas? MR SMITH: Well, it's exactly that. Basically it is our job to come up with really silly ideas and then give them to the government to pass off as serious legislation. INTERVIEWER: Have you managed to pass off any of your ideas yet. …

    • 0 replies
    • 643 views
    Graham1545925480
  14. Mackey1546620143
    Started by Mackey1546620143,

    Hi all I posted in June about my plans to set up a Police baseball team, but the running costs, finding a venue without job sports and social backing was a nightmare. I have embarked on Plan B I have set up a job Flag Football Team (non/semi contact 5 or 9 a-side American Football) ------- WHAT IS IT? I hear you cry, no never mind then. Well basically you play in tournaments all over the country, the rules are very simple and if your good enough you get to represent you country, now how often can you say that. If there is loads and loads of interest it could be an option to go full contact (the national league in the UK is pretty decent) If there are any American Fo…

    • 1 reply
    • 835 views
  15. Brian1545925477
    Started by Brian1545925477,

    It's nice to see that scientists are working in areas other than DNA to help us win the war. Put me down for a pair of those specs.....for crimefighting purposes obviously.....

    • 1 reply
    • 406 views
    Graham1545925480

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.