Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. croberon
    Started by croberon,

    need some info...well help, really. I need to book someone into a hotel in London. The next day he needs to go to goldalming in Surrey so I need to know which part of London is best and what's the best way to get there by public transport. Thanks Croby

  2. Ron Barker
    Started by Ron Barker,

    Would anyone like to identify what, if anything has here been contravened by the gentleman behind the camera? Or here?

    Graham1545925480
  3. Mobieus
    Started by Mobieus,

    Not very it would seem, see here. It is always the case that the weakest link in any technological security system is the human element. Some has to enter that data, process it and update it, rather than try to bash down firewall and other security measures, simply bribe ot threaten a human operator. Ye gods and they want all of our data to be on here soon.

    • 4 replies
    • 274 views
  4. Paul C1546620148
    Started by Paul C1546620148,

    Okay, being at home on the weekly shopping day and having the priviliged position of parent & child parking I get to see an overview of the whole of my local Tesco Extra car park. I know I must read too much into this but there appears to be a definate pecking order as to where emergency/ public services park when getting their ploughmans. I've noticed the following: ARVs and Police vans will always park in the pick up/drop off point - I guess no Tesco employee is going to ask them to move... Panda cars will normally park in the standard spaces just after the disabled parking, still fairly close to the store. There will always be at least 2 HATOs parked up, skulk…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Luke_Q_Public
    Started by Luke_Q_Public,

    Okay guys a quick Q, but I wont spam up your general forum this time!! In my local area there's a neighborhood watch scheme set up, quite a few houses down my street with stickers in windows. Do such schemes help the community / police or is it just a group of curtain twitching busybodies?? (E.g. should we bother to join). Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  6. ex-job-ex-pat
    Started by ex-job-ex-pat,

    Wolf Spider I found one of these in an old lady's shed today when I cleaned her pool. Knowing the old lady would not be impressed with the lodgers, I carefully gathered her (the spider, that is) and put her outside. Scores of little 'uns jumped off her back and scarpered. They are impressive. I haven't posted the image itself, it's too big. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Wolf_spider_with_young_in_garden.jpg ex-job-ex-pat2007-10-16 18:58:57

    • 1 reply
    • 728 views
  7. M.I.A
    Started by M.I.A,

    anyone had any problems getting onto the site?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Penbwlch
    Started by Penbwlch,

    I have had the following message from M&MBM's Spawn:- Younger spawn has been taken into hospital with suspected appendicitis, for an overnight observation tonight and then the operation if she doesn't recover. And of course, mum's sleeping in with her, so depending on whether or not mini-spawn turns out to have appendicitis, mum will be gone for between tonight and some of tomorrow, till a couple of days or so as mini-spawn recovers. I'm sure everyone will want to join me in wishing Mini-Spawn:- Penbwlch2007-10-10 08:30:48

  9. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  10. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    Quite a few years back, I was out on patrol when a number of officers, including me, were called to report at HQ. We crewed up as an inspector, sergeant, and 10 men to go to the local airport, where an aircraft had been reported in some sort of trouble. This was not an unusual event, and usually turned out to be nothing at all. This one turned out to be the Kegworth air disaster. On our arrival, we found the airport firecrews just finishing off soaking everything in foam, and two local bobbies staring at the 737 in three bits, with some survivors already walking down the embankment, wondering just how this was going to be dealt with. (apologies to anyone els…

  11. Mobieus
    Started by Mobieus,

    A student of mine posted this link to me this morning, (he is French) we had been talking about famous people of film and music and how young people conform to their behaviour. By all accounts this very pretty young lady is France's answer to Britney Spears, I know which one I prefer. Anyway here is the link, it certainly cheered me up as i ponder the inevitable approach of my fourth decade on this earth. For those with a wife who may look over your shoulder whilst watching this pop video, prepare a good excuse if caught. It is in no way pornographic, but my wife caught me, and i was at a loss for words as to why i was so intent on it i failed to hear her approach.. …

    Graham1545925480
  12. LITTLE GIBBO
    Started by LITTLE GIBBO,

    Her side of the story - he was in and odd mood Wednesday night. We planned to meet at a bar for a drink. I spent the afternoon shopping with the girls and i thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit later than I promised, but he didn't say anything about it. The conversation was very slow going so I though we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But i wasn't really sure. So anyway, in the car on the way back home, I said that I loved him deep…

    Graham1545925480
  13. Willy
    Started by Willy,

    Hi, The names Willy. I've been in the Royal Navy though never wanted to become a RNP. I have also served in the Merchant Navy in various vessels worldwide, Never felt the need to join the police when I finished my Sea going career either. But I have a great interest in driving, So I decided to become a Driving Instructor. You may ask Why would I join the Police Forum.Well there has to be Officers in the Traffic Branch who Post on the Boards on the Forum. Therefore It could be informative to ask their opinion on certain Traffic matters.I hope this intro has not dragged on too long. All the best, Willy...

    • 2 replies
    • 777 views
  14. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    Supposedly a true letter rec'd at DEFRA, not sure if it is really true of course, but you never can tell. To: Rt Hon David Milliband MP Secretary of State, DEFRA Dear Secretary of State, My brother-in-law, who is in farming at the moment, received a cheque for £3,000 from the Rural payments Agency for not rearing pigs. I now want to join the 'not rearing pigs' business. In your opinion, what is the best kind of farm not to rear pigs on, and which is the best breed of pigs not to rear? I want to be sure I approach this endeavour in keeping with all government policies dictated by the EU under the Common Agriculture Policy. I would prefer not to rear baco…

    • 31 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Graham1545925480
  15. Spandex Man
    Started by Spandex Man,

    What does everyone think about the situation in Burma at the moment? 2 Monks have been confirmed killed and there has been quite a bit of violence today. The monks are buddhists and are protesting peacefully by all accounts. I think something like 3000 people died in the last uprising in 1988, so there could well be a lot more bloodshed on the way!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.