Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. jpd45

    Hello I am currently a 3rd Year Psychology with Criminology Student from Nottingham Trent University who has an interest in the police force and also research into burnout (physical or emotional exhaustion) and personality factors. The findings of this anonymous study (questionnaire) will allow us to develop a more detailed understanding of the factors that contribute to both burnout and psychological health within the police occupation. Please follow the link where further instructions will follow. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=84fL...HwmQFAnOw_3d_3d Thanks for your time Joe Doran(Researcher) N0102803@ntu.ac.uk

  2. **Jimmy**
    Started by **Jimmy**,

    Saw this on another forum….causing a bit of a stir www.civicdefence.co.uk They even have their own “volunteer officers" to patrol. Your thoughts.

    • 30 replies
    • 4k views
  3. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Maverick222008-02-18 20:30:28

    Graham1545925480
  4. Vladimira
    Started by Vladimira,

    Right! Here we go. It's been a while since we had one of these threads! Bit of fun and a way to boost your post count! :wink: BEEN HURT IN LOVE BEFORE, BUT I STILL COME BACK FOR MORE. DONT EXPECT TO GET A GUARANTEE...

    • 37 replies
    • 4.1k views
  5. WelshWizard1546620178
    Started by WelshWizard1546620178,

    Taken from Wikipidia 1829 ? Really, in the timeline of the history of Civilisation, the Police appeared, like, yesterday Eh ? so which is true ? 1829 or 1667 ? Both taken from Wikipidia, not known for the thorough scholarly editing you may find in an Oxford textbook... Anyway, being someone who has no interest in joining the police but has an interest in the history of the police, are there any books that anyone can recommend me ? And out of curiosity, is this something that is taught at length during Police Training, or something that is just briefly touched upon ?

    • 0 replies
    • 900 views
    WelshWizard1546620178
  6. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7257555.stm Some drivers don't seem to have much common sense, he went passed the sign saying Not suitable for HGV's, the width of the road should have been a clue.

  7. venomco1546620133
    Started by venomco1546620133,

    No idea if this is the right section or not but we'll have to see. First off Hi, I'm Tom, 17 and will be joining (Or trying to) Avon and Somerset when I'm 18. Just a random question really, what cars do you drive outside of work? (No I'm not gonna key them lol) This question's probably posted somewhere else already, if so sorry. Tom

  8. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Does anyone know the remit of the IPCC, they seem to be getting involved in almost anything at present. This present case seems rather tenuous to say the least. The police had left the scene when the collision occurred. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7257586.stmMaverick222008-02-22 10:02:09

  9. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    I would have thought common sense was missing from this drivers brain, common sense would go any further after seeing that sign. Maverick222008-02-22 10:12:28

    • 2 replies
    • 406 views
  10. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7252092.stm Oh, I do feel sorry for those people with Gas Guzzlers, it should be £50, not £25. I cannot see Porsche getting very far with this appeal.Maverick222008-02-19 09:58:36

  11. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/CityPolice/Contact/International/%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A.htm They wrote "arabic" like writing English like this.... H S I L G N E... You'd think they'd get that right...M_Galtta2008-02-21 13:27:42

  12. garyhooks
    Started by garyhooks,

    Hey, I've just received some Altberg Peacekeeper P3's. They are in replacement of my magnums - as although they were comfortable, they didn't look great and didn't polish well. Anyway, bit of a silly question, but I'm having trouble deciding if the size is OK. I've never had steel toe caps before, so I'm struggling to decide, as you can't push down on the toe to find out how much room there is. When fully laced up, I don't think my foot moves, but I can move it forward when they are unlaced. Also, I seem very aware of the toe cap, and feels a bit stiff, and slightly strange. Does this go away as you get used to it? Any advice or experience is much appreciated.

  13. Chris Ainslie
    Started by Chris Ainslie,

    I'm moving to West Mids and begin training as a Police Officer in the next few months. I'm trying to decide both were i'd like to live and work (if the opportunity to have a choice arises). I've spent 10 years in the RMP and I'm a qualified CSI. I know it's difficult to judge which area I would enjoy the most, but I'd like an OCU which is quite busy and has a good mix of crime to investigate. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks Chris

  14. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Lets hope this one' bites the dust' http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7256241.stm Maverick222008-02-21 09:53:03

  15. Chris Ainslie
    Started by Chris Ainslie,

    Hi Everyone, My name is Chris and I'm in the recruitment process for West Midlands Police. I'm currently in the Background Checks Stage, having passed the Assessment centre in September. Anybody else in the same boat? Chris

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.