Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    Tonight's program on R4, The Moral Maze, has a strange subject for discussion. Apparently, some deaf people are objecting to a proposed law that states when using IVF treatment and gene screening, they should not be allowed to choose a foetus carrying a 'deaf' gene if a 'non-deaf' foetus was available. These people apparently want to choose to have a deaf child even if they are able to choose a perfectly healthy child. This seems to me to be quite obscene.

  2. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    SG-1 travels to the Ori home galaxy in search of an Ancient device that could stop the Ori war once and for all. But the return of an old enemy threatens to overrun the ship before they can accomplish their mission. Anyone seen this as yet ? I know its not out until around April / May 2008, however it is in other Countries already and having friends abroad is very useful in obtaining a copy and having a DVD player which is all regions Have to say I was impressed with the storyline [sad I know ] Anyway anyone else seen it or looking forward to it coming out.... I promise not to spoil it from hereon in

    • 5 replies
    • 802 views
    Psuedo Farraday
  3. SharpShooter
    Started by SharpShooter,

    Well this huge storm we were promised has been not so big afterall where I am. Only a few minor obstacles while out and about. Hastings sea was nice though Has the weather been a problem for anyone here? any damage? :whistle2: we got of lightly with no building damage such as missing tiles etc. Nothing more then a couple of days of heavy wond/rain.

    • 1 reply
    • 879 views
  4. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Please place in question, any question, no matter how daft, and attempt to reply to privious question. What is intresting about the Costa rican army ?

  5. 30down92go
    Started by 30down92go,

    Brutus have you had Saturday cancelled less than 5 or did you re-roster the 15th

  6. dave1517
    Started by dave1517,

    Heard on the news this morning that Gordan Brown is "seriously" considering a BRITISH DAY to "restore" British values.......... My question is... 1) What is Britishness? 2) Is that an admission that Nu Labour have "lost" British values if they feel that they need to restore it!! 3)What would the extra bank holiday be called?.......How do we restore pride in being British?? Heres a few idea's.............. :Burberry Day :Lets not go to work, stay at home, breed like rabbits and claim social Day :Blame someone else for my problems Day :Jeremy Kyle Day :PC DAY :ASBO Day Personally as a proud englishman...I will celebrate being British…

  7. ChickenSoup
    Started by ChickenSoup,

    ...if anyone ever needs to have a natter....I don't mind chatting to you online and err I am not saying this as a cheap chat up line...., I just think that its good to talk and let off steam especially in copper land you know where everything is pc and its all dead hierarchical....and no one can just let it all out. Or just log on and type away....I find a forum like this in a well regulated profession quite therapeutic as you can be honest with stuff and not have to think first about your role in the real world...if that makes sense. I dunno if coppers get proper emotional support. I mean you have to deal with loads of stuff. Anyone just thought I would say if anyone …

    • 0 replies
    • 222 views
  8. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=529171&in_page_id=1770 It's unfortunate that one is born every minute.

    • 4 replies
    • 230 views
  9. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7280495.stm

  10. ChickenSoup
    Started by ChickenSoup,

    Did anyone watch that programme last night on white working mens club(I think it was on BBC 2)? What did you all think of it?

  11. Sherriff
    Started by Sherriff,

    The following are verbatim statements taken from various court transcripts and reproduced in the book Disorder in the American Courts. Some great gaffs from across the pond. Which got me to wondering if we can do better. I know there are some great insurance claim stories. Any others spring to mind? ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active? WITNESS: No, I just lie there. ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth? WITNESS: July 18th. ATTORNEY: What year? WITNESS: Every year. ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact? WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks. ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all? WITNESS: …

  12. jpd45
    Started by jpd45,

    Hello<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I am currently a 3rd Year Psychology with Criminology Student from <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />NottinghamTrentUniversity who has an interest in the police force and also research into burnout (physical or emotional exhaustion) and personality factors. The findings of this anonymous study (questionnaire) will allow us to develop a more detailed understanding of the factors that contribute to both burnout and psychological health within the police occupation. Please follow the link where further instruction…

    • 0 replies
    • 277 views
  13. ChickenSoup
    Started by ChickenSoup,

    Oh god I just watched taht documentary .....it made me feel physically sick. They appeared so normal but were so evil. Just goes to show should trust your gut instincts if you think something appears not quite right even if that means not being polite!

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views
  14. Penbwlch
    Started by Penbwlch,

    Keep your eyes on the forecasts for next week. Better still, just stay in bed. It is too early for any precision but, as from this morning, the prognosis does not look good. From Monday it will become very cold. Wednesday looks as if it will bring severe winds to the whole of the UK and most of the UK are at risk from snow; showers at least, at various times throughout the week. There are also possibilities of thunderstorms. If that lot all come together (which I doubt) it could be spectacular, although not a spectacle I would wish to witness.

  15. Ian_C
    Started by Ian_C,

    Hi all.. I am thinking of getting one for my son for his 8th birthday (I may have to use it from time to time,,,, :whistle2: ) Does it come with enough controller for 2 players to play on the day ? or do I need to buy a second controller. I am thinking of the package with the Nintendo Wii Sports game. This is item 11 on Page 1737 of the currnet Argos catalogue.. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...htext%3EWII.htm Sorry if I am being a dumb ass but I am also after peoples thoughts if it is a good console or not,, Thanks Ian.

    • 5 replies
    • 853 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.