Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    I don't believe this is true. But its a good story. http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

    • 0 replies
    • 394 views
  2. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    Hi All, Just wondering if anybody know about this scheme? I recently applied to the MET and there is a tick box which you can tick for the Higher Potential Development Scheme.... Does anyone know what this really means? What extras are involved if you tick this box, does it have any affect on getting in on the job? I have heard you do alot more exams in the training if you have ticked this box but you can withdraw from it if you wish. what are the extra exams for, is it a quicker way to becoming sergeant etc or what, i just dont know? If you could shed some light i'd be very grateful Thanks Sorry could a moderator please move this post…

  3. Jhayes
    Started by Jhayes,

    Currently on payg with Orange, thinking of moving onto a contract since I’m beginning a new career imminently in addition to moving to London. County: England. Carrier: O2 or Orange, suggestions welcomed though. Budget: £25 - £30 a month. Phone style/features: Durability is a big one for me; I want a reliable phone which can take a few beatings, drops, knocks, etc, if necessary. Excellent call quality, audible, camera I guess since it seems all phones come with one now a days. My current phone is a brick so to speak, a Nokia at that, any upgrade would be a significant one. -- So far I’ve seen: Samsung U900 Soul, very much tempting, Nokia 6600 Slide seemed…

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  4. frosty-fox
    Started by frosty-fox,

    Thought this might be a helpful thread I hope to join north wales police at some point, and being able to speak / write a level of welsh is part of the criteria. Unfortunately even though i have lived here for many years i struggle, im sure their are others on this forum applying to nwp who may be in the same boat. I know there is a part on their site, but i thought for the bits that arn't someone here may like to help if we get stuck. sorry if this is already somewhere else i havn't come across one. thanks in advance

  5. exmetskipper
    Started by exmetskipper,

    This Morning parades were held across Flanders and The Netherlands to welcome "Sinterklaas" ( Santa Claus ) and his very naughty little helper "Zwarte Piet "( Black Pete ) , they will be everywhere from now until xmas ...... Supermarkets , department stores, shopping Centres ...... Zwarte Piet is basically a white guy dressed up, with black boot polish all over his face ...... and is a pretty disrupting influence on Santa .... Now, i'm not known to friends and family as being overtly Politically correct , but, when i state my discomfort with this little chap, and explain that it's just wrong because it's racist and would never be accepted in The UK , they just …

  6. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    http://www.asylum.co.uk/2008/11/21/cat-giv...with-two-faces/ Aw So Cute but so wierd.

    • 5 replies
    • 486 views
  7. ktfloyd
    Started by ktfloyd,

    Hi All, I know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but at the moment I dont care :lol: I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone on the here who has gave me advice and support during my application process which I'am pleased to say is now OVER and I start in January!!!! I need to Thank a few special people Dappycow and A-Z for everything I really couldnt have done it withour you two!!! Dumpystig, IanC and kenners thanks as well Yvonne

  8. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    I found this an interesting read. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7739493.stm

  9. Tulsha
    Started by Tulsha,

    oh yeah, im getting guitar hero's world tour bundle, drums guitar and mic. The neighbours will soon be selling up and moving cus im gonna rock the house!!!hehehe!! Im so excited!!!!!!!!!

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. tee5
    Started by tee5,

    ........is there any chance we can stop pasting links to news articles OR have a seperate section dedicated to news? I come here to debate stuff, not to read the news. If I want to read the news, I'll go to that web page. More often than not, posts here begin with a link to the Daily Mail or the BBC. If you are so insistent on pasting a link, at least explain what the link is about- or better still, why not paste the complete article in the body of the post, rather than a link to another site? I may be on my own here, but I find it really frustrating to see these links to other sites day after day. If I want news, I'll go and read it- or buy a paper. Rant …

  11. Uncle Vanya
    Started by Uncle Vanya,

    The question has to be asked... Is Missy Jackie, the Home Secretary trying to shoe-horn this legislation through the backdoor amongst all the 'Control Freakery' legislation that will be revealed at the 'Queens Speech' at the State Opening of Parliament in early December..... !! Ministers have been accused of trying to introduce compulsory identity cards through the back door, despite promises that people will not have to carry them. Lawyers at Liberty, the civil liberties group, say that little noticed clauses in the draft immigration and citizenship bill introduce new powers to make people produce identity documents or face arrest. The bill is expected to be…

  12. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    How do you put pictures on the left under your name, instead of the ranking that you are on the forum?? if that makes sense!

  13. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3091204.html I read chess books.

    • 2 replies
    • 475 views
  14. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7729207.stm Having sex with a avatar, it`s not my thing, but will you own up to it? We won`t laugh. :lol:

  15. Gregster
    Started by Gregster,

    The release of Little Big Planet has been delayed after Sony decided to change some background music to avoid offending Muslims. The much-anticipated game was due to be released worldwide on October 24. But Sony said: "During the review process prior to the release of Little Big Planet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licenced from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Koran. "We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offense that this may have caused." It is not clear when the game will be made available in the UK, thoug…

    • 8 replies
    • 664 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.