The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
It is the time of year again, the big freeze. Having spent the best of both Friday and Saturday night out and about in the cold, I've now got dry skin The hands ain't that bad, as I was wearing gloves. But the skin on my face is very dry I know I am a bit vain at times, but I think it makes me look like a vino with psoriasis.. So, what do you recommend?? My colleague gave me Aqueos Cream, although I am grateful, I must admit that I am not a big fan as it smells like petrol!!
-
Was our Traffic rat caught up in this? :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...heres-come.html
-
I am very happy tonight as it's been confirmed the love of my life, my horse, is coming back off loan early Summer next year. Yes, yes, I know that is still a while away but time does go quickly! It also means I'll be well & truly signed off by the surgeon as entirely fit to ride her again. It's not that she is dangerous, just not entirely considerate with her bucks In fact, she quite possibly has a screw or two loose but never mind Anyway, this is a general 'happy' thread so no downers, you're only allowed to post what has made you happy
-
Hiya, I have been on Facebook chatting to people as you do and I have been asking questions but one of them told me to log in here as you will be able to help me better. I am a Staff Nurse who would like to go and spend a shift with Lancashire Police as I live and work there. I also would like to get to know people who work in yourservice to as I believe that Nurses, Police and Paramedics should all work well together. Well that is my Philosophy anyway. So hello there can anyone help and advise me. I hope that I have sent this message on the right site xx
-
- 91 replies
- 7.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have deleted the original thread due to privacy concerns. I also wish to point out that attempting to "expose" a member's background and so jeopardise his/her security is not something that I will tolerate. Any other attempts of this type will see the person doing it suspended.
-
- 3 replies
- 753 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Interesting page on the BBC magazine on a topic dear to my heart, i.e. misuses of grammar: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7595509.stm I don't agree with everything that is said, though. For example: The usage that I find particularly irritating is that of a single noun with a plural verb, for example: "the team are happy with their victory", or "management have congratulated the workforce on the recent increase in productivity". Team is a singular noun so it should read "the team IS happy..." or "the team members ARE happy", the same applies "management HAS congratulated..." The writer is generally correct, but you can't ignore the sense of the usage. Ofte…
-
- 51 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I went for an interview for a teaching job at a local comprehensive today. I'd applied for it back in August but heard nothing until last week when I got the letter inviting me to their little chat. There were six of us shortlisted and they gave us a guided tour of the school to start with. One of the other applicants, a woman called Mary, knew everybody there. And I mean everybody! She had taught at the school before and all who met her came to give her a hug and wish her luck. While waiting for the interviews to start, we had a coffee, and then the school deputy head came out to collect the first candidate. "Hello Mary!" he said, warmly, "lovely to see you here aga…
-
Fot some strange reason I have an extra hindi cap - if someone needs one! It's for sale - open to offers. Pm me.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
THE medical profession faces a new ethical dilemma after scientists raised the prospect of stem cells being used for tomfoolery and high-jinks After the successful transplant of a windpipe, engineered through a combination of a donor organ and the patient's own cells, doctors believe they will soon be able to transplant a windpipe that farts. Is it morally wrong to graft a rubber chicken to a drunk man's chin? Mac 662008-11-25 13:04:41
-
Go on, bag yourself a Halloween treat.
-
It's snowing here... well, it was sort of forecast, I suppose... but then the threat seemed to recede. I looked out this morning and the clouds looked fat with snow, and sure enough....
-
FYI ladies and gents Friday, 5th December : Airmail to Australia, New Zealand, South and Central America, Caribbean, Africa, Middle East, Asia and the Far East (except Japan) Wednesday, 10th December : Airmail to USA, Canada, Japan and Eastern Europe Friday, 12th December : Airmail to Western Europe Thursday, 18th December : 2nd Class UK Saturday, 20th December : 1st Class UK Tuesday, 23rd December : Special Delivery UK
-
What lovely items of lovingly made tat have your kids brought you home? I am trying to think of something fun my class (5yr olds) can make as a calendar this year. So far this year we have made junk models in numeracy and peppermint creams in literacy, and are half way thru our weaving topic. As a kid, i remember taking home a cross-stitch xmas card and an Egyptian shaduff (sp?) for my mummy!
-
All the gibberish that has been leaked about what Baldrick Darling and Gollum Broone have 'promised', will be like somebody going to a back street loan-shark for a 'Pay Day Loan'. The same is true for Gollum and his Dick-head Pals. Length of time at address: minimal. Chances of paying back loan: Nae Me Son - oor Next Door Neighbours.... that means us lot!! Length of time in Employment: Chancer. Odds on to loose job. All this Numpty-Dum excercise that we are being 'promised' by Gollum Broone and 'Baldrick' Darling on Monday will just be another half-baked knee-jerk Liebore Zanu reaction to the current fiscal situation. It will be badly th…
-
- 2 replies
- 303 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Leaves the world no poorer I'm sure. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7743334.stm But I wonder how long before the war in Afghanistan crosses the border properly rather than these unmanned air vehicle things....boots on the ground and all that. Or, perhaps more pertinently, how do we stop the war in Pakistan coming back to our streets?