The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Curious people, what job/cereer did you have before you joined/applied for the police or In some peoples cases highway agency??? I spent 3 years a chef untill i left to prepare for the force. anyone else?
-
- 31 replies
- 2.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Hampshire-Is-Top-Gay-Force_18165.html Do they get a Trophy to put on the mantlepiece in the Chief's office. Why do people feel the need to tell all and sundry that they are Gay or Lesbian, why can they not just get on with their lives without telling everyone, who really gives a 'monkeys toss' what their sexual orientation is. Maverick222009-01-08 10:57:40
-
... and I've made a plank outta myself already!!!! Nothing serious..... but rather embarassing, and it got me thinking....(yes... I DO occasionally think.. ) Whats you're most cringeworthy moment at work? Basically it went like this: I started on area for the first time this week and naturally I was eager to impress. Anyway, I ended up having to do a file, and so was stuck at the station. Although paperwork isnt the best thing to be doing, I attacked it with enthusiasm and a good outlook. I was wearing my stabby and my tac vest and other kit was hanging on the door neatly just in case I got called out. All well and good so far. I had my airwaves on the desk next to m…
-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7812875.stm
-
- 9 replies
- 715 views
- 1 follower
-
-
A psychologist from Salford University, has come up with a formulae to help define someone's personality based on their choice of seating on a double decker bus! Now I do not think that this should be transferred to a "Canada Forum", unless the study was carried out in Victoria, (Vancouver Island), which is one of the few places , I personally know of, that regularly runs an English style double decker tourist bus! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/4109071/The-people-on-the-bus...-are-of-diverse-personalities.html Batman27362009-01-05 08:27:23
-
- 26 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yes, she may be a worldwide superstar, she may have millions in the bank & she may not look too bad for 50 but is any of that a valid reason for showing her gusset to the world?! Whatever happened to dignity? She looks like an over ripe hooker & really needs to start putting herself away. Who am I talking about? Madonna of course.....
-
- 8 replies
- 679 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm just changing the sheets, and I was thinking that the bedding is a little old. This means (yuk) that it probably has quite a load of house dust mites. One was of dealing with that is to shove the items in the freezer. This doesn't get rid ot the dust mite faeces... which is what many asthmatics are allergic to... but it does reduce the population of pooh producers. Just washing doesn't really do the job effectively. Trouble is, my freezer is stuffed. However, I have realised that there is a dirty great freezer outside at the moment. So while mr M is away i'm going to shove all his bedding on the line overnight (and hope it doesn't snow). I have boug…
-
-
Undoubtedly the financial situation is worse than it was maybe two years ago but just how bad is it? Do you think that we are in as deep a recession as the media are portraying or do you think it is scaremongering on the media's part? As they are apt to do at times. Off of the top of my head the companies that have gone down the pan or been sold off are; Whittards. But was that brought on by the current financial climate or were there problems building up long before? Woolworths. I tend to think their downfall was an identity crisis coupled with supermarkets & other, more specialised stores like HMV having the same item on sale at a cheaper price. Royal Doul…
-
For those who haven't played the game, you post 3 words leading on from the last 3 words, which make a story, which can get very silly at times (OK, it's very silly most of the time... it just gets even sillier sometimes.) The first three words The Pusillanimous Hero
-
- 1.5k replies
- 51.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It's gong awarding time again, as usual it contains mainly Civil Servants who are just doing a job, like thousands of other people. There are a few Bus Drivers and Prison Warders in the list, plus one or two Police Officers. People are still harping on about that old fogie Forsythe getting a Knighthood, what on earth for, he does a job he enjoys, and gets well paid for it. Time the whole system was sent into oblivion, it's antiquated. Of course if you want an award, send donations to, the Labour Party, London, and they will see what they can do for you.
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/3981635/Bishops-deliver-damning-verdict-on-Britain-under-Labour-rule.html it's not only people on this Forum who think Labour are a crap outfit. It must be serious when so many Bishops attack the Government, they have been fairly quiet up till now.
-
- 29 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I gather that the new doctor Who has been announced. He's 26 years old fer Chrissakes! He's never seen a real police box I'm sure. As someone who watched the first expiode when it was transmitted, the then Doctor, William Hartnell, was portrayed as an eccentric old chap, who was an 'uncle figure' to the kids who were dragged around the universe with him while giving them the benefit of his experience in life. This continued through quite a few 'Doctors'. Now though, he's nearly as young as those kids, who seem to be getting older, and there is a definite suggestion that there is now humping in the TARDIS. If this carries on, give it a couple of regenerations,…
-
- 10 replies
- 675 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1573186/Mohammed-to-overtake-Jack-as-favourite-name.html http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/4014651/Top-girls-and-boys-names-in-2008.html What a difference a year makes. I wonder what happened.
-
- 12 replies
- 701 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yes, I know..THM and Snafu will have already seen this, however it makes me chuckle! Out riding the other day and came across this...... I was thinking of adding a couple of side tables and a standard lamp! The skeleton is particularly classy I thought. (click on it to enlarge) Anyone else come across any random fly tipping?