The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8521641/David-Cameron-rules-out-further-inquiries-into-death-of-Dr-David-Kelly.html So they all 'stick together'. Cameron obviously doesn't want a proper enquiry because he doesn't want the truth to come out. The Hutton enquiry was a giant 'whitewash', with too many unanswered questions. Lets have a Public Enquiry, with witnesses giving evidence on oath, and a totally independent Chairperson, who cannot be 'bought' by HMG. IMHO Kelly was murdered to keep him quiet about WMD etc etc, and authority must have come from on high. A public enquiry would make it very uncomfortable for Blair, Scarlett, Campbell, et al, who were the m…
-
- 6 replies
- 438 views
- 1 follower
-
-
if you could have one song to play whilst you speed to that I grade, celebrate the international drugs bust of the year or hot fuzz style shoot out... what would it be? AC/DC's War machine or highway to hell gets my vote! that or the old Hawaii 5-0 theme tune haha!
-
A month or two back I found myself involved in a rather nasty little problem which I suspect thousands of motorists have shared. I parked my car at Bath station for an overnight trip to London, as I often do, paying £10.10 into the ticket machine to cover the 24 hours before my return.On this occasion, however, an unexpected snag arose. For reasons beyond my control, I had to wait in London a day longer than planned to collect a visa (the embassy for the country I’m visiting was closed for a national holiday) — so that when I returned to Bath I found on my windscreen a penalty notice for £80.I immediately wrote a courteous letter to Apcoa, the company which leases t…
-
-
Now I don't normally watch stuff like this but, I thought it was funny when the guy said he was a Police Officer then when questioned by the girl said he was part time, then seemed really nervous that he said im a Special when she called him a PCSO. Did anyone see this and felt like at first he was trying to make out that he was full time
-
I'm travelling to Leeds from Manchester on Saturday for a stag-night and we've decided to travel by train. We're going from Reddish (Greater Manchester) to Manchester Piccadilly (Greater Manchester) to Leeds (West Yorks). Questions. If buy a ticket in Reddish to Leeds will this cover me for the journy to Manchester? There's no direct train to Leeds from Reddish, so need to go via Manchester. Is it cheaper to buy online, or should I be ok buying at the station as it'll be weekend? If I buy online, where do I collect my ticket from? If It's Manchester, then what about the Reddish > Manchester leg?
-
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/transport/good_evans_are_there_really_72_lights_here_1_2464393 They've been the bane of motorists’ lives for seven years – and now a bewildering array of traffic lights has been lampooned by radio DJ Chris Evans. The Radio 2 star spoke out when a listener texted his programme to tell him there were 72 sets of lights at Northarbour, Portsmouth. Evans and his regular team had been discussing a report earlier this week which revealed a 30 per cent jump in the number of lights across Britain between 2000 and 2008. They were moaning about the growing length of time they sat at red lights. And then an unidentified listener texted with ne…
-
-
As if it isn't hard enough to get to sleep on overnight journeys, one group of unlucky passengers shared a carriage with a woman who talked loudly on her mobile phone for 16 hours. In the end she was arrested. Lakeysha Beard of Tigard, Oregon, was charged with disorderly conduct after police were called by Amtrak staff following continued complaints from passengers. Police said the 39-year-old became aggressive and was involved in a 'verbal altercation' when asked to be quiet during the journey from Oakland, California to Salem, Oregon. Fellow travellers said Ms Beard refused to put the phone down even after staff made repeated announcements for passengers to not use mob…
-
How many times in the one broadcast does Chris Tarrant tell the time? It gets really irritating it seems that whenever he doesn't have anything to say he just tells us the date and time! He does it at least once between most songs. "The date is 18th May 2011, and it's a quarter to three! Now here's some Beatles" <BEATLES PLAYS> "Ahh yes the Beatles. It's twelve minutes to three, on BBC Radio 2, 88 to 91 FM" I have no idea if that frequency is right but it's something else he says a lot, so if it's right that means he's engraved it in my skull. Anyway rant over.
-
Hi, Not sure if anyone can help me, I'm after a Hi Vis stab vest cover similar to this one here http://thelichfieldblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/staffspoliceuniform.jpg. I'm a SC and 90% of my shifts, my colleagues wear Hi Vis stab so I'm basically after one to also wear. I rang up stores as my colleague told me to but they do not hold these in stock. I'd be willing to buy if someone has one for sale or is it possible to get one ordered specially in do you think if I'd be willing to buy? Cheers
-
Bald eagles have landed 10 million fans online as spy cameras stream live video of their chicks being hatched and fed Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1IYXQMSWa An amazing sight. I suspect in UK, we would have either shot it, or put it in a dustbin by now.
-
http://www.humorsharing.com/perfectly-timed-photos/1543/ check these out if your in need of a giggle!
-
Wherever man has ventured, beer has followed. Now, two Australian entrepreneurs hope that will include space. The pair have developed a full-bodied brew they believe can stand up to the trials of being drunk in zero gravity. Problems faced by astronauts include swelling of the tongue with a loss of taste sensation, but it is hoped that space engineers have developed the perfect beer to counter this. Jaron Mitchell, who owns the 4 Pines Brewing Company, a microbrewery, said: It's going to be the first beer that will be specifically designed to be drunk in zero gravity with upcoming space tourism.' Mr Mitchell and Jason Held, at space engineering firm Saber Astronautics …
-
I have the Nike+ on my iPhone (same as ipod) today at the gym i did 2 miles as a warm up, but my nike only said 1.4m - im a bit lost as to why it was so wrong, any ideas?