Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    As suggested in the 'BBC News - Quality Reporting' thread, I thought I might offer this picture to kick off a caption competition. Unfortunately, there is no prize for the best (unless the nice Mod people want to offer something....)

    • 8 replies
    • 547 views
  2. Daniel Thompson
    Started by Daniel Thompson,

    Not sure if these have been posted before but thoughts on these videos?

    • 7 replies
    • 722 views
  3. Obain
    Started by Obain,

    Its illegal to drive while using a mobile in California (Where this picture is taken). Lets get her!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 502 views
  4. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    I do not often post on this great site, but here is one i will. Please do try this out. The Officer managed 16 Keep goings without tripping over himself, Can you manage it? http://www.metacafe....ing_keep_going/ I tried (Sad as i am) Got to 12 before i tripped up.

    • 1 reply
    • 318 views
  5. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Please do try this out. The Officer managed 16 Keep goings without tripping over himself, Can you manage it? http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6406202/keep_going_keep_going/ I tried (Sad as i am) Got to 12 before i tripped up.

    • 1 reply
    • 640 views
  6. Burnie
    Started by Burnie,

    Perhaps you can all help me with a little query I've been having with myself.... The phrase to define is "Laid Off" as in when you lose your job and a are "Laid Off" Reason being is that I went to a job interview last week and the guy said "Why did you leave your last job?" to which I replied "I was laid off" He instantly responded "there's a lot of that going on in this financial climate" So if you heard the Term "laid off" what would you define it as? (not what you would think of first but what would you include in the definition) What I meant was, based on my understanding of the term, 'fired' but I chose to use "laid off" as it sounds less aggressive (their expla…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 432 views
  7. RyanF109
    Started by RyanF109,

    What is the science behind how the reflective strips on reflective jackets work? They reflect light back in the direction it came from... I have in my head an image of millions of microscopic reflective "domes" to reflect the light back to where it came from...

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 585 views
  8. 999tommo
    Started by 999tommo,

    I didn't watch the Eurovision sing-off last night, but I am saddened to see from the news item below, that Jedward (John & Edward Grimes) have made it through to the Eurovision final on Saturday. I cringed every week when they were on the X-Factor, yet they did very well in that. How ?, I'll never work out. Anyway...here's a clicky link.. CLICKY LINK

    • 18 replies
    • 746 views
  9. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

    Congratulations to Sparkydale who is the winner of the April 2011 PS.com Photo Competition. Sparkydale's entry just edged it with one vote, so commiserations to Andrew999 and everyone else who entered this month as everybody did such a great job. Sparkydale now has a rather snazzy moderator's award and the honour of picking the topic for next month. Well done! Batteries PS.com 0411 comp by Mark Littledale, on Flickr

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 491 views
  10. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.portsmout..._film_1_2681940 The sinking of HMS Coventry in the Falklands War is to be made into a full-length cinema film to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the tragedy. Nineteen men lost their lives when the Portsmouth-based destroyer was attacked by Argentinian aircraft on May 25, 1982. Director Tom Shankland has started work to make a film called Destroyer about the warship. The movie will be based on the memoirs of Coventry's captain in the Falklands, Captain David Hart Dyke, who published his book Four Weeks in May in 2007. Captain Hart Dyke, of Hambledon, said: 'It's at an early stage of development. It's hoped they can start filming next year…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    I am personally devastated. The Bill and then Taggart. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/12/taggart-axed-by-itv

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    After alot of up's and downs and maybes and maybe not's..... GHOSTBUSTERS 3 is official and looks likes there going to be a 4th coming soon http://www.inquisitr.com/102398/bill-murray-signs-on-the-dotted-line-for-ghostbusters-3-and-4/

    • 0 replies
    • 358 views
  13. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    OMG, scary. It got The Queen and Scott Mills correct http://uk.akinator.com/#

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

    Well the time has come to decide the winner of the April round of the PS.com photo competition and you, the users of PS.com, are the judges. During the three week "shooting period" our members have been taking photographs relating to a monthly theme. The theme for this month, as chosen by David, has been POWER. Each and every photograph submitted has been fantastic but unfortunately there can be only one winner and that person gets to have this natty little moderator's award for their hard work. The winner also has the honour of picking the next monthly topic. Entrants - you can vote for yourself if you like. So, thanks to all who have entered the competition th…

    • 6 replies
    • 687 views
  15. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    Didn't know where to put this so forgive me if it is in the wrong place. I am in the middle of rewriting my CV, and I was just wondering what other people put regarding their Special duties on their CV, and whether even though I am only training should I mention I am training or just leave it? All opinions will be appreciated

    • 9 replies
    • 593 views
    APolicemansLot

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.