The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
This is primarily for BT Internet users, but are you aware your Internet package carries free BT WiFi minutes on a portable wireless device. There's currently a fault on my line and I was only made aware last night that my package carries a Business Broadband Unlimited 12 Months connection to a BT Openzone hotspot. So whilst I wait for an engineer to arrive on Monday, at least I still have access to the internet. So if you have not got your log in details, call BT and get them if your package entitles you to them. The only downside is if there is not many BT Hubs in your immediate area, the connection can drop out now and then.
-
Has anybody found that few people use text talk any more? For the last two years I've had a couple of 'smart-phones' both of which had touch-screens. My Android handset has a brilliant Swype input and my Windows handset has the same input method as iPhones. Certainly on the Android it's slower and less convenient to type in text talk. Anybody had any similar experiences? In my opinion it's good that it's use is diminishing.
-
I have a job interview with HM Revenue and Customs tomorrow, and I was wondering what format civil service interviews take? They have provided me nothing but a time and a list of documents to bring. Can anybody shed any light on the interview process? It would be very helpful and would be eveeer so greatfull
-
Why are there no painkillers in the jungle? - coz the parrots eat 'em all. Apologies for that but I needed to get my 10th post out the way.
-
- 3 replies
- 675 views
- 3 followers
-
-
If anyone is interested I have a set of c4 grand picasso genuine roof bars with keys for sale. Only used a couple of times then the wife decided to swap cars lol so I have no use for them we bought them for over £150 only asking for £70 pick up only from Nelson, Lancashire area. Could maybe drop off within a 10 mile radius. Any questions or photos please ask.
-
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know that there have been a couple of changes around the place (all for the better my I add) I notice that lifetime users have lost there + after the username??
-
-
Good thing? Bad thing? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-16592082
-
- 6 replies
- 656 views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
Click Now I feel this article is missing something in the fact department; the comments on the article are a bit over the top imho, between the two there is a lot of room for pause Councils taking over and managing the renting of privately-owned homes: are the commenters right in that the homes would go to immigrants and not British (I'm defining British here as anyone born in the UK, regardless of race or ethinicitiy) If renting out was profitable and would provide those elderly who feel "trapped", why aren't more elderly doing it without an incentive from the Council. Is the housing shortage the result of the failure of governments in past years to increase housing …
-
-
- 6 replies
- 523 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087734/Abu-Qatada-CANNOT-deported-Jordan-breaches-human-rights-European-judges-rule.html Time to get out of the EU and it's soft touch Court of Human Rights, he should just be put on a plane and dumped off in Jordan, with the rest of his family. No wonder other countries just laugh at the UK and it's method of dealing with criminals.
-
http://www.dailymail...n-St-Albans.htm There is another card which is starting to be played. THE GAY CARD.
-
-
- 18 replies
- 713 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9004134/Antony-Worrall-Thompson-I-am-not-a-kleptomaniac-maybe-shoplifting-is-sign-of-Alzheimers.html There doesn't seem to be any uniformity as regards shop lifting. Here we have a celebrity(of sorts)who is caught numerous times but gets away with an 'offical caution', yet in my local paper, people appear in court for shop lifting small amounts, in one case less that £3, and has no previous.
-
- 31 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As winter approaches and the expectation that you'll be stood on a road closure in the ice and snow increases, I thought I'd post this here. Lids Direct are doing an offer in conjunction with MCN giving a free pack of 3 Oxford neck warmers for free (usually £14.99), just pay the postage of £3.99. They've done this offer before and I have 3 but you can never have too many designs! I often wear a black one at work and they're great, so if anyone wants to know what winter kit to have this is item worth getting hold of. Also handy for motorcyclists, dog walkers, etc etc... Anything outside really! Go to http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk/mcn and place the item in your basket, th…
-
I know that some days can be slow news days,but isn't it a pity that more people, job or not, don't share their points of view on some of the debates/subjects. I don't know how many people are members of the forum,and of course people don't have to contribute, but it would be nice if more people did, it just makes for better debate in some cases. This is not a grumpy moan, just an observation.
-
-
- 51 replies
- 1.4k views
- 2 followers
-