Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. contego
    Started by contego,

    So, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Kindle for the last few months... The trouble is I'm a big fan of having a book in my hand, turning the pages in anticipation of what's coming next and having that feeling of not being able to put down a good book. I'm a bit concerned that you lose a lot of the feeling of 'getting into a book' with the Kindle. Does anyone have any advice or experience on the subject? Whether you have a Kindle and love it, or tried one but couldn't get on with it - I'm interested to hear from you before I make a final decision!

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Administrative Account
  2. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081188/Sheep-gives-birth-quads-second-time-year.html Give them 10 months and they will be covered in Mint sauce.

  3. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    As any F1 fan will be aware, it is only 1 month until testing begins for the 2012 season. I do some writing for sportrightnow/storify reviewing the Williams F1 team. I would love Williams to come good this season, but anyone got any ideas as to who will be the team to beat this year? and who will make the best looking car?

    • 9 replies
    • 603 views
  4. Guest baby elephant
    Started by Guest baby elephant,

    I saw the Coppers episode and yes what good prog. it was too. They showed an elderly lady who was the victim of a handbag theft,and that made me think again of Victim Support. What,in my opinion,a load of pants that organisation is. When I retired from the job,I made an attempt to join V.S. as a volunteer in N. Wales, having seen the way victims were dealt with whilst I was working. In short,it was like banging my head against a brick wall, I contacted many people and lastly the head of VS in London.Still no joy. Not to be beaten,3 years on I tried again, attended many of their courses,over the period of a year, and after a year,was told that I still had to attend more co…

    • 5 replies
    • 699 views
  5. Wcarnby
    Started by Wcarnby,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16522929 CHEETAH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TRYING TO SNEAK INTO THE COUNTRY

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
  6. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Looks great!! emoticons don`t work, but otherwise lovely!! :)

  7. Immigration Doge
    Started by Immigration Doge,

    Right, after the medal ribbons... comes the other bits and bobs. One last thing on the ribbons: I know a few people think they're a bit big this is being reviewed by Vader. His decission is final. mind. These are the new "Forum Ranks" that are being proposed. As before, comments and crits please /// Police theme abandoned, suggestions via PM please.

      • Like
    • 97 replies
    • 5.3k views
  8. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9006137/Yard-officer-in-church-apology-for-wrongful-arrest.html I am all in favour of the police apologising when mistakes have been made, but IMHO this is going too far, a senior officer visiting the family would have been enough. What next, the Police Chief going on National TV to apologise, or sent to the BBC to broadcast on Radio 4. I bet if it had been a white family it would not have gone this far.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 955 views
  9. Andy_M
    Started by Andy_M,

    I have decided to go for an iPhone at the end of this month and stay with my current provider "Orange". (Coming away from Blackberry) Before this topic gets hi-jacked I have looked at Android phones and do love these too, but as I have a Macbook Pro, all my apps just work out the box with the iPhone. So I need to get a case for the iPhone 4s, any recommendations? Any good Apps worth purchasing? Kind regards

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 3.6k views
    E29NP1546080952
  10. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    To my suprise having just popped out, my local McDonalds was open,there was actually a Queue inside!!!! how bizzare, on the very same street the local Newsagents is open as well as the Grocers!!! however these are run by non Christians so not that suprised tbh, however McDonalds, cant believe its open today!!!! anyway to make money i suppose!!!

  11. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/klass_stuck_in_barbados_after_cancelled_flight There cannot be any worthwhile news today if all the press can come up with is that some vacuous female had her flight cancelled. Must be a poor news day.

  12. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Looking for even better could formations. The person who took this could not get proper film footage, twit. If this loomed large over your house would it scare you even slightly? Or indeed this one? Morning glory cloud over Australia

  13. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/9004205/Green-light-for-high-speed-rail-after-rebel-ministers-back-down.htmlDoes anyone else think that spending 32billion on this rail link a waste of public money, just to get people to Birmingham 20 minutes quicker. While we are in this great debt, the 32 billion could be used to pay it off.

  14. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

    Ever dreamt of having your own secret tracking station to run your evil empire? Well... the perfect place has just landed on the market - it's the Jamesburg Earth Station, which was built by NASA in 1968 in central California. Dr wannabe Dr Evils and Blofelds will be pleased to learn that the 11-storey main building was constructed to withstand a 5 Megaton nuclear blast. The Jamesburg Earth Station was built by NASA in 1968 for receiving transmissions from the Apollo moon landings, then it was used by AT&T for satellite telecommunications. It even played a key role relaying pictures of the Tiananmen Square protests in 1989. Now it can be yours for $2.9million.…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 744 views
  15. journo1
    Started by journo1,

    I'm a freelance journalist working for a national paper writing a feature about serving officers with second jobs, particularly in the Met. I suspect the numbers have gone up in the current climate with perhaps less overtime available and possibly partners working shorter hours or losing jobs. I wonder if any serving Met officers would be prepared to talk to me about what jobs they do, the reasons they do it, and the reaction they get from senior officers/peers. I've only joined the forum for this purpose and as far as I can see this post doesn't break the conditions of the forum. I don't expect an entirely unsuspicious or necessarily friendly response from the membership…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.