The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Just seen this video on youtube, gives a very interesting portrayal of the blind spots of a lorry! Especially interesting for the cyclists amongst us but also begs the question whether lorry's should be fitted with more mirrors/technology that would allow them to see in these blindspots. Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzL0Kyk4m-8
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2208791/John-Bond-dies-aged-79.html That picture brings back memories Penby.
-
- 1 reply
- 422 views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I'm about to get a new job which will mean that I'll now (theroretically at least) finish at 5pm for the first time in my working life. This extra free time is a complete anamoly to me, I mean what do people do in the evenings??? I have decided I need a hobby (not sports related please!) to pass the time, but I have no idea what! I already give enough time to specialing so would like to branch out and diversify. Preferably something where you can meet new people. Any ideas?
-
Those three letters you are forever hearing whether it be on TV ads or on the radio. You run down stairs in a hurry when the phone rings only to find a pre recorded message when you answer "hello, if you have taken out a loan, credit card or mortgage, you may have been misold payment prote......... Turns phone off. It seems to be the most complained about financial product ever .. So a few questions I'm curious to .. 1) when did all this start or boom? Everywhere you go you'll see those 3 letters! And how did it start? 2) has anyone on here been successful with a ppi claim? I always thought there was a catch with this type of stuff but it's still going strong by the l…
-
Sooo.... Have anyone got/driven/opinions of the 1.4 VW Golf Twist? And if so, what is it like to drive, etc...?
-
-
hi, im hoping someone can tell me if I could apply to be a police officer in the uk mainland, even though I live in northern Ireland?? I am currently a supervisor in the manufacturing industry which is steadily being crushed by the chinese market, so Im looking at new careers. I have been reading up on the requirements and the general theme seems to be that there is no specific criteria to apply. I believe i have the qualities that a good officer needs, and have a fairly good education..I would like to sell up here and move to the mainland. my ideal job is to be a member of the traffic branch..any help here would be greatly appreciated.. thanks
-
- 1 reply
- 646 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All A large bag of metal numbers has come into my possession from an old retired officers estate I have no idea where the numbers came from, or how he collected them, and therefore no idea where they should be returned to Unless anyone thinks otherwise, I have decided to sell them for Help for Hero's I would suggest 20p per number, or a donation If anyone wants any, send me a stamped addressed envelope and I will send them to you (PM me for address) Also in the same bag were about a dozen old 'Special Constabulary' "banana" shaped collar badges - say 50p each I will post how much money is raised Mods = feel free move this if you think another section would be m…
-
So GCSE's are being scrapped after 24 years, and tonight on ITV News they used an illustration to show how standards were slipping. Things may well have changed since I was at school, but I'm pretty certain that they haven't yet changed the spelling of "assessment"...
-
An image from the winner of the Northern Ireland Press photographer of the year. Taken by Justin Kernoghan of Photopress. A powerful image from the recent riots in Belfast. Hopefully this Sergeant escaped any serious injury.
-
Just recently, after getting through various stages with two relatively rural constabularies, a lot of people, current and retired recommend the Met, as they say its the best force. Without inciting anything, I presume a larger force means more opportunities, a wider career choice, more day to day diversity... Is this true?
-
Flippin’ neck Chaos as escaped giraffe charges through town [centre]Running wild ... giraffe chases policewoman[/centre] Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4551024/Flippin-neck.html#ixzz27Bx2rypM
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206672/Terrified-tourists-evacuated-plane-overshot-runway-skidded-grass-Birmingham-Airport.html This is typical of the type of hype, crap, and lies from the Mail. The 737 did not run off the end of the runway, it had turned onto the taxiway to go to the Stand, when it slid sideways onto the grass, the aircraft was quite close to the runway, that is why it was closed for hours. Passengers were not terrified, and there was no panic whatsoever. Several witnesses said there was no panic and no screaming. The Mail loves to try and make every incident seem like a major disaster
-
- 2 replies
- 614 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Q) How many G4S staff does it take to change a light bulb? A) Six soldiers and a copper. ATB Mick
-
http://www.policemag...PMC-E0I.twitter The other day I stopped by one of those coffee shop/bookstore places on the way to do an interview. The long flight and four-hour drive the day before had left my knees and back stiff and sore. Very nice indeed!!