Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    Just a question.... On Facebook you have the E-mail setting (in the speech bubble). How secure is that? I mean, no one else can see it.

    • 8 replies
    • 805 views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    The previous competition has finished, the votes have been counted and verified and I can announce that the winner is: Well done McFlurry. McFlurry, I cant send you any more PMs, so could you please pm me with a new theme for the October comp. Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 455 views
  3. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    Voting will run until sometime Monday night (1st October) when I get home from work. Picture 1: http://farm8.staticf..._2ff08ef5e1.jpg by David Picture 2: http://farm8.staticf...aeb2344dc_z.jpg by Cwhite90999 Picture 3: http://farm6.staticf...0bd1a5d2f_z.jpg by McFlurry Picture 4: http://farm9.staticf...3bd24_z.jpg by Andy_M Picture 5: http://farm9.staticf...2c0d1147a_z.jpg by JJMM1985

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  4. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    I thought this was interesting. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19670686

  5. westie
    Started by westie,

    Very well done europe for winning and bringing the cup back home (again) :clap:

  6. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    As some of you know, the next novel I wish to publish is Gladiatrix, the first part of which came into existence several years ago on the Police Oracle website. It follows the fortunes of a Trinovante woman condemned to the Games in early Second Century AD. I have extended it into a full length novel which, now that I have parted from my agent, I can publish on Kindle, and possibly as a POD paperback. I will be very pleased to do this, since so many people enjoyed the first part. The trouble with publishing on Kindle and POD is that I have to create a cover/placeholder. I have used my own photos for this, but when it comes to Gladiatrix, I have a problem. There are …

    • 0 replies
    • 516 views
  7. Peeler91
    Started by Peeler91,

    I know the site disclaimer about legal advice but I would like to get the view of others on here, I'm not totally sure of the legality of this. As a gift for my girlfriend's mum I was thinking of booking a table for just the two of them at a swanky restaurant but would I be allowed to lend my girlfriend my debit card and PIN to pay for the bill on the day? If the answer's no I'll just have to give her cash but I seriously doubt I'll see any change! =D Cheers!

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 3.2k views
  8. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    I woke with this question in my head: If you could go to any point in history, for 1 day, where would you go? You can't travel back in time to change history, its merely to be a part/observe the day. HMS Victory 21st October 1805 - Battle of Trafalgar.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Administrative Account
  9. Scoop
    Started by Scoop,

    I've just stumbled across what can only be described as the ultimate visual feast for you ITYO... A television programme called Choccywoccydoodah on Watch.

  10. Pablo Montoya
    Started by Pablo Montoya,

    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/1225810p1.html Anyone else eagerly awaiting this release? I loved the 3rd and thought New Vegas was pretty good. This should rock more than a stone!!! By the way, does anyone have any opinions on Skyrim? I kind of fancy it but not sure about the 'fantasy' element.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Space Marine1546081368
  11. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph...depression.html He also gave a lot of police officers depression when he was Home Secretary. I think I would have suffered depression if my father had been sent to prison for being a coward and not wanting to go to war with all the others. Funny how these people always manage to come up with some past problem when they have a book coming out, after some extra publicity to sell more books.

  12. Brutus-Is-Back
    Started by Brutus-Is-Back,

    Sweden, like the UK, accepts quite a few immigrants, often refugees, and this can cause problems when there is a clash of cultures and standards of behaviour. Two relatively minor incidents last week were brought to my attention which illustrate that every country should be careful who it allows to reside within its borders. The first was told to me by my wife. She is presently attending the free "SFI" Swedish classes to bring on her language skills. Another student in her class is a young man from Afghanistan who is in his early 20s. Over the coffee break, he told my wife that he was unable to get a job, so he had bought an old ice-cream van - yes, the ones like you …

    • 1 reply
    • 675 views
  13. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    Usual rules: 1 - The submitted photograph must be your own work. 2 - Group members may only submit one entry per month to the competition. 3 - Minimal retouching is allowed (brightening, sharpening, smart fix etc.) but entries that have been retouched to the extent that they appear completely unnatural will not be considered. 4 - The photograph must be taken between 01/4/2012 and 23/08/2012. 5 - By entering the competition you consent to the photograph being posted on the PoliceSpecials.com forum to allow members to vote for the winner. The entries will be displayed on the PoliceSpecials.com forum from 23/08/12 and 30/08/12 and PS.com members will be able to vote fo…

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Because of the network issues last week, 02 are giving us free stuff! More details here if you fancy a read: http://blog.o2.co.uk/ That tenner will get me a new case, happy days

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Judge Dread
    Started by Judge Dread,

    I thought this was actually a good representation of a realistic knife attack, where he made it like a real confrontation and made him think "is this for real?" I've done a whole load of "knife defence" drills via taekwon do and eskrima but they're all the same, binary attack, prescribed response, everyone knows where it's going. I'd love to see some more of this in OST! Has anyone here dealt with a knife attack with open hands?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.