Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226163/Prisoners-complain-watery-custard-unbuttered-sandwiches-missing-favourite-TV-shows-poor-signal.html How terrible for thse poor people in prison because they are Pondlife who have committed crimes. I don't think I will sleep well worrying about them and their poor food, and flickering television. Don't commit crime, then you will not end up inside.

  2. croberon
    Started by croberon,

    Scenario: Co-worker emails that aunt has died. Since all relatives on both parents side are dead, this "aunt" is: A. not blood relative and B. since he calls another relative by marriage "sister", I'm clueless how he's related to the deceased. I was told Wednesday evening that he would not be in the office today. He showed up at 9 this morning and around lunch time he says he'll see me later. Ten minutes later he walks in the door. Five minutes later he heads out again. My question to him, before he ran out the door again, was, are you coming back or are you gone for the rest of the day? He replied that he would be back next in the office next Wednesday. I reminde…

  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Feel free to add a true fact about the Police that you've made up. All BTP officers only have powers within 10 metres of an actual train and must carry a tape measure to verify this at all times.

      • Like
    • 162 replies
    • 11.2k views
  4. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226430/This-outrageous-abuse-hospitality-Judges-anger-jails-family-Ugandan-fraudsters-stole-4million-benefits-buy-luxury-homes-restaurants-Africa.htmlThis is an absolute disgrace. The start of this was the lack of enquiries by the DHSS giving out money without making proper enquiries into these people. A simple check would have proved if she had H.I.V or not. The DHSS hand out money with very little done to verify who these people are etc etc.

    • 2 replies
    • 556 views
  5. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Could we not send these two money grabbers to Siberia, hopefully never to be seen again. Perhaps Tony could carry their bags. Where on eareth does that story come from that it was Mrs Blair who won us the right to have the Olympics in the UK.

  6. huffhuff
    Started by huffhuff,

    I know I'm a pedant, but it drives me mad (pathetic I know). As far as I can see, the actual PS.com website has nothing to do with PoliceSpecials.com (other than sharing two letters). Are we really that lazy we need to abbreviate? I've never seen it done with any other website unless they actually also own the abbreviated version. End of Wednesday morning rant. Clearly going to be one of those days! .

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20135080 I can see a time where nothing in this country will actually be owned by a British firm. Branston pickle - Japanese? Oh dear. Still. I suppose if the alternative is that they stop making it all together then that's the price that must be paid. £92.5 million seems a very small amount for the brand, but there you go........

  8. westie
    Started by westie,

    Over the xmas period, I'm taking Mrs. Westie and two others of my family away, and the first stop is Barcelona. I've been told over the week-end that the crime rate,in particular robbery, is very common there. I was wondering if there was anyone who could comment on that and if so, are there any tips that thgey may have, apart from the usual crime prevention that most of us have dished out over the time. Thanx for any comments.

  9. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    Some have parties, take the kids out 'trick or treating' (or door-to-door begging for some it seems) - I hate anyone knocking at my door who I haven't invited! What are you doing this Halloween?

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    The previous competition has finished, the votes have been counted and verified and I can announce that the winner is: Congratulations Chewie

    • 4 replies
    • 320 views
    Administrative Account
  11. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    A small, but elite entry this month. Judging will continue until 31st October at 21:00 (or as soon as possible after that). 9/11 Memorial by Cuddles: 9/11 Memorial by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr Horses by David: P1050765 by eff2.8, on Flickr The Shot at Dawn Memorial by Chewie: The "Shot at Dawn" memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum by wombleway, on Flickr The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by Con: image by con.., on Flickr

    • 7 replies
    • 579 views
  12. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    Do you, or have you worked with someone who is just downright lazy? Do they moan about anything and everything, especially if it means they have to work? Does it or has it affected your ability to do a good job? What do you intend to do about it, have you done something about it already?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. westie
    Started by westie,

    With all the damage etc. that the hurricane has left behind, I wonder if the US elections will still go ahead at this stage. I know that there are still areas of the US that have not been touched, but having said that there are massive areas that have been affected, which must surely mean the people will have anything but an election on their minds with all they will have to deal with right now. Has the US news spoken of any delay (Croby) I wonder, and just as a sideline, I'm pleased Croby is ok but for the other residents it must be awful.

  14. Reado
    Started by Reado +,

    Calling all Scout leaders, Scouts, Cubs and everyone else to do with scouting. I have some up with a rather exciting idea that I think will be good fun but would like your opinion. If you are one of the above can you drop a message here and I shall get in contact with you!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 449 views
  15. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    Well, it seems I am destined NEVER to be happy with public transport. Yet again, the inconsistencies in scheduled times mean more grief for Mrs. Dave SYP and myself. Bus was late again and then FOUR arrive on the hour - WHY??? I have written to them about the 'service' again, but I don't think it will make the slightest difference. Some drivers are grumpy or rude (which I do take issue with personally) and the vehicles are unclean, noisy and shake the fillings out of your teeth! In my opinion, the 'service' is atricious and you can't trust them to get you anywhere on-time. I want to be more eco-friendly and take public transport instead of using my car, but it just …

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.